Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

XF 47-FB

Post by metaldragon »

Here is the breakdown of all the flashback material:

XF 47 (5:2 - 5:4) Warren in primary school, gives teacher apple, kids taunt him and put wire halo on his head.

XF 47 (5:5 - 5:7) Warren's birthday, he's upstairs watching the birds and dad tells him to go take part in his party outside. Probably not much older than previous flashback

XF 47 (5:8) Warren dropped off at Fairburn Boys School.

XF 47 (5:9) Warren reads his essay about "The History of Flight" to class.

XF 47 (5:10) Warren dances with a girl at dance. (This may possibly be an appearance of Cassy from M/FAN 50?)

XF 47 (6:2) Warren's wings sprout and he looks at them in the mirror in shock.

XF 47 (6:3 - 6:4) Warren protects Cameron Hodge from a bully at school and is put in a single room.

XF 47 (6:5 - 6:7) Warren dresses up in an angel costume with a long wig to rescue some students, including Cameron Hodge, trapped by a fire in an upper story of the school.

XF 47 (16:4) The male X-Men are all in love with Jean. A representation of how they acted in UX 1. Can't really count as a flashback.

XF 47 (16:5) Warren holding flowers, turns away when Jean kisses Scott. Probably sometime shortly before UX 31.

XF 47 (16:6) A visual metaphor for his feelings during XF 1. Can't actually count as a flashback.

XF 47 (16:7) Warren cradles the dying Candy Southern next to Cameron Hodge's headless body. Takes place between XF 34 (21: 3) & XF 34 (22:1).

XF 47 (8:1 - 8:6) Michael's life story flashback.

XF 47 (2 - 5:1, 6:1, 6:8 - 7, 8:7 - 16:3, 16:8 - 23) Main story where Archangel encounters Michael, the reverend "Father" Phillip & his mutant gang: all this is a flashback Warren is having during the Judgement War storyline. Takes place between XF 40 & XF 41.

XF 47 (1) Present day: takes place between XF 46 & XF 48. Warren is chained up in a dungeon on the alien planet where the Judgement War storyline takes place.

Do the mutants who appear here have listings? They are:
Beth (telepath)
XF 47

Blowhard/Greg
XF 47

Buzzsaw
XF 47

"Father" Phillip (telepath)
XF 47

Michael "Mike" (healer)
XF 47

Mohawk (She looks like Storm with her mohawk. She may be one of the mutants Masque twisted with his powers in UX 262-263 since she already looks like Storm. She's not named there.)
XF 47
UX 262?
UX 263?

Slimeball
XF 47

Voodoo/Donny
XF 47
"May the Light shine forever!"
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: XF 47-FB

Post by Somebody »

Y'know, I was going to do this one :p

The biggest current thing about the issue is that all of what should be -FB-FBs are listed as -FBs - all the currently-page-ranged FBs are actually -FB-FB, as well as some others (being a Dreaded Deadline Doom-esque fill-in, you have one page set in the current storyline, followed by 22 pages of flashback).
metaldragon wrote:Do the mutants who appear here have listings?
They don't. That's the OTHER thing. I actually spent a good long while over the weekend - both by myself and asking a friend to check - trying to find out if Michael and Beth had been given full names by the Handbook at some point, but neither of us could find anything. Since they're in many ways the central characters of the issue (especially Michael), it seemed wrong to give some of the cameos listings because they got codenames, but not them.

You also missed some of the FBs. Fuller listing changes (just running with your placement for the other -FB-FBs)

ANGEL III/WARREN KENNETH WORTHINGTON III
UO 3 (2:1 - 2:3)
*XF 47 (5:2 - 5:7)-FB-FB [change -FB to -FB-FB]
L:SS
X 29-FB
UX 54/2 (1 - 2)
*XF 47 (5:8)-FB-FB [change -FB to -FB-FB]
UO 3 (2:4 - 2:5)
*XF 47 (5:9 - 5:10)-FB-FB [change -FB to -FB-FB]
M/FAN 50-FB
ANGEL:REV 1
ANGEL:REV 2
UX 54/2 (3:1 - 3:5)
UO 3 (3 - 4)
*XF 47 (8:3 - 8:4)-FB-FB [change -FB to -FB-FB]
ANGEL:REV 3
[...]
UX 30
**XF 47 (16:5)-FB-FB [Add]
UX 31
[...]

ARCHANGEL/WARREN KENNETH WORTHINGTON III
[...]
UX 306 (14:1 - 14:3)-FB
***XF 34 (20:2 - 22) [DELETE]
**XF 34 (20:2 - 21:3) [Add]
**XF 47 (16:7)-FB-FB [Add]
**XF 34 (22) [Add]
XF 36 (1 - 16)
[...]

HODGE, CAMERON
UX 54/2 (1 - 3:5)-BTS
*XF 47 (6:3)-FB-FB [split, change -FB to -FB-FB]
*XF 47 (6:6-6:7)-FB-FB [split, change -FB to -FB-FB]
UX 54/2 (3:6 - 5)-BTS
[...]
**XF 34 (22) [Add]
XF 57
[...]

SOUTHERN, CANDACE "CANDY"
[...]
**XF 34 (22) [Add]
XF 36
[...]

CYCLOPS II/SCOTT SUMMERS
UX 30
UX 31

MARVEL GIRL/JEAN GREY SUMMERS
UX 30
UX 31

WORTHINGTON, KATHRYN
UO 3
UX 54/2
XF 47-FB-FB-BTS [change -FB-BTS to -FB-FB-BTS]
[...]

WORTHINGTON, WARREN JR.
X:HC 4-FB
UO 3
L:SS
X 29-FB
UX 54/2
XF 47-FB-FB-BTS [change -FB-BTS to -FB-FB-BTS]
[...]

MICHAEL "MIKE"
XF 47-FB-FB
XF 47-FB

BETH
XF 47-FB-FB-OP
XF 47-FB

PHILLIP, FR.
XF 47-FB

For Blowhard, Buzzsaw, Mohawk, Slimeball and Voodoo see below...
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Sorry Somebody! I didn't mean to step on your toes! lol!

Since Micheal & Beth, etc. don't appear in the "present day" section of XF 47 (aka pg 1), would they have FB in their listings for the main story and FB-FB in their flashback bits or would they simply have XF 47 for their part in the main story and XF 47-FB where they appear in flashback? You've written it inconsistently here... (It's rather confusing to begin with! lol!)
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

I was also wondering if Voodoo's full codename might be "Voodoo Child", since he's called that once shortly after he's called Donny (in reference to Jimi Hendrix I'm guessing?), but simply "Voodoo" later when Blowhard/Greg tells them to attack Archangel. Is there a comic book character called "Voodoo" already somewhere? I didn't see one in the listings here.

There was another Blowhard (spelled Blow Hard with a space) who was a Morlock who appeared in XF 11 which would probably make this one Blowhard II? He seems to be missing a listing here too.

There is also another Buzzsaw but spelled Buzz-Saw.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

metaldragon wrote:There was another Blowhard (spelled Blow Hard with a space) who was a Morlock who appeared in XF 11 which would probably make this one Blowhard II?
Only if the names are exactly the same.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

metaldragon wrote:Sorry Somebody! I didn't mean to step on your toes! lol!
S'alright. And you did save me having to place all the flashbacks :)
metaldragon wrote:Since Micheal & Beth, etc. don't appear in the "present day" section of XF 47 (aka pg 1), would they have FB in their listings for the main story and FB-FB in their flashback bits or would they simply have XF 47 for their part in the main story and XF 47-FB where they appear in flashback? You've written it inconsistently here... (It's rather confusing to begin with! lol!)
You're quite right - everyone except Archangel and the unnamed ogre-like Reject lying beside him [also seen in XF 45, 46 & 48 - but like I said, unnamed] appears only in flashback (-FB) or nested flashback (-FB-FB). Fixed it above. [This does, of course get confusing when you consider that some of the stuff involves things that Archangel couldn't know to flash back to, but, hey!]

The others, resolved, would be:

BLOWHARD/GREG
XF 47-FB

BUZZSAW
XF 47-FB

MOHAWK
XF 47-FB
[UX 262]
[UX 263]

SLIMEBALL
XF 47-FB

VOODOO/DONNY
XF 47-FB
metaldragon wrote:I was also wondering if Voodoo's full codename might be "Voodoo Child", since he's called that once shortly after he's called Donny (in reference to Jimi Hendrix I'm guessing?), but simply "Voodoo" later when Blowhard/Greg tells them to attack Archangel.
There's a comma - "Dig that voodoo, child." Probably a Hendrix ref, but not a codename.
Russ Chappell wrote:
metaldragon wrote:There was another Blowhard (spelled Blow Hard with a space) who was a Morlock who appeared in XF 11 which would probably make this one Blowhard II?
Only if the names are exactly the same.
Well, XF 11's inconsistant, since it's both "Blow Hard" and "Blow-Hard", but neither is "Blowhard"!
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

XF 47 (6:2) Warren's wings sprout and he looks at them in the mirror in shock.
I forgot to mention that this is a slightly different pose from the one seen in UX 54/2 so may come right before or after that panel.

XF 47 (6:5 - 6:7) Warren dresses up in an angel costume with a long wig to rescue some students, including Cameron Hodge, trapped by a fire in an upper story of the school.
Also forgot to mention, XF 47 (6:5) shows the students grabbing the rope so would take place between the panel in UX 54/2 where he's holding out the rope to the students and the one when he flies off while they're climbing down the rope (I don't have a copy of the issue just a scan I spotted online). XF 47 (6:6 - 6:7) probably take place either just before or after the last panel of UX 54/2 when Warren joins the students watching the fire after getting back into his normal clothes.