Just a for fun Spider-Man Question

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Just a for fun Spider-Man Question

Post by Jason Doty »

If the 1976 Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man was part of continuity (which it is not) between what 1976 Amazing Spider-Man comics would you place it?
vanhornluke
Major Player
Major Player

Re: Just a for fun Spider-Man Question

Post by vanhornluke »

The Complete Marvel Reading Order hasn't yet put up the planned "Everything Remotely Related to 616 Order" (which will include all of the Earth-Crossover stories), but once that goes up the 1976 Supes/Spidey story will be placed right after Omega the Unknown #3 (link). Focusing in just on Spidey, that would place the crossover story between Daredevil #135 and Omega the Unknown #5. If we focus in even more narrowly on Spidey's own series, that would place the crossover story between Amazing Spider-Man #160 and Amazing Spider-Man Annual #10 (link). Obviously, none of this is official, but it's an impressive attempt to fit everything together.

You didn't ask, but the second Supes/Spidey crossover in Marvel Treasury Edition #28 will be placed right after Uncanny X-Men #150. That would place #28 between Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #58 and Marvel Fanfare #1a.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Thanks vanhornluke, I also have been checking out your links to the complete Marvel reading order. Looks like you guys are having fun compiling appearances. I've always been a completest for X-Men, but over the years I've been expanding to the greater Marvel Universe with all the overlap of characters. You guys are doing a bang up job.
vanhornluke
Major Player
Major Player

Post by vanhornluke »

Thanks! That's high praise coming from a guru here! :D Yeah, it's a really fun project, and since it's so huge there's plenty to work on for a long time. I'm especially looking forward to when the eventual Ultraverse reading order is added to the site, since I worked that one out myself. Since you're an X-Men completist, I thought I'd point it out to you, since I've included all the X-Men appearances in the Ultraverse: Ultraverse Reading Order. :wink:
vanhornluke
Major Player
Major Player

Post by vanhornluke »

There's some further info about the difficulty of placing the 1976 Supes/Spidey crossover here.
zilch
Hero
Hero

Post by zilch »

Where does this take place in Superman's chronology? I'll throw it it the Superman (silver age) chrono on UGDCU.