UX 151
UX 152
MICRO 37
UX 153
M/GN 1
SS@ 6-FB-BTS
XU 29/2
M/FAN 4 (20)

Having just read most of these issues (except M/GN 1 and the XU story), I see absolutely no reason why Marvel Fanfare is split at the end. Does anyone know why?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Fanfare Vol. 1 #4

Post by Col_Fury »

According to the first narrative caption on page 20, "weeks pass" between pages 19-20.
-Daron Jensen
PunyBanner
Hero
Hero

Post by PunyBanner »

Right but that doesn't mean a bunch of issues need to be sandwiched in there for no reason. A lot of comics have a bunch of time pass by where nothing is in between. It just doesn't read right to have a break like that. Plus, Angel is involved in M/FAN 1-4 but he is nowhere to be seen in all those issues in between the break and then all of a sudden he is back for that final page. It just doesn't feel right to me.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

The purpose of a chronology is not to state how these adventures should be read. They should be read the way they were written by the writers. But unless you want these characters to have lived 50 years, one has to fit stories during such breaks as "weeks later". That is a reason. I don't think there are so many Marvel comics where a bunch of time passes by in between.
PunyBanner
Hero
Hero

Post by PunyBanner »

I must have been mistaken this whole time. I thought the point of a chronology was to figure out the best order to read comics in so that it feels natural and makes sense.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

I think what LeoParis is trying to say is that you should be wary about using the MCP as a "reading order." That's not what we're going for, here. If you used the MCP to read (especially for the first time) the convoluted back-stories for Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America or dozens of other major characters, you would quickly become frustrated and hopelessly lost, stopping in the middle of a page to go dig up one panel out of another book. It would ruin the enjoyment of the story.

We're not trying to suggest that you read the stories in this order. We're just saying, "This is the order that the events occur in" (with apologies for my poor grammar).
PunyBanner wrote:It just doesn't feel right to me.
Take this in the spirit that it's intended, which is to help you help us: If you want to gain traction for your theories or suggestions, you should provide evidence why a particular order outlined here can't work. Saying "it just doesn't feel right" will rarely sway anyone.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
PunyBanner
Hero
Hero

Post by PunyBanner »

Ok, I gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up but I must say I have been using the MCP as a reading order for the most part and I've enjoyed it. I will continue to use it and make changes based on my personal preferences and if I see something that can't work, I will let you guys know :D
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Well, I will say that reading stories in MCP order is the best way to discover mistakes in the listings, but just don't expect to enjoy the stories that way.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe