Mys-tech members

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Arthur
Director
Director

Mys-tech members

Post by Arthur »

First time uploading pics to the forum and technically oriented I am not. Sorry for the immensity of the pics (if they're showing like in my preview), but I have no idea how to shrink them.

I am having some difficulty with character recognition regarding some members of Marvel UK’s Mys-Tech, specifically Bronwen Gryffn vs Gudrun Tyburn. I though I had them straight, but its been awhile.

The MCP shows that only two members of Mys-tech appear in Dark Angel 10: Algernon Crowe and Bronwen Gryffen (unnamed in the issue) as shown here…
Dark Angel 10.jpg
Dark Angel 10.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2433 times
However, in Mys-Tech Wars 2, this same character puts a question to Crowe and he responds “I see it TYBURN.”
Mys-Tech Wars 2.jpg
Mys-Tech Wars 2.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 2433 times
And in Death’s Head II 5, again the same character asks a question and another board member, Porlock, responds “No, Tyburn”
Death's Head II 5.jpg
Death's Head II 5.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 2433 times
Now I’m still pretty sure that this is indeed Bronwen Gryffn, but my memory isn’t what it used to be, so I’m asking for validation here.

thanks
Arthur
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mys-tech members

Post by Col_Fury »

The Marvel Appendix has a Mys-Tech page.

The text at the top lists the members and has them pictured to the right. Under the list is a left-to-right key to show who is who.

Hopefully that helps!
-Daron Jensen
Arthur
Director
Director

Post by Arthur »

perfect! Gryffn as I thought. many thanks.

Now the question becomes what has priority...art or script?

Do I presume it is Gryffn (as pictured) who is misnamed Tyburn in the scripts? Or is it supposed to be Tyburn (as named) but was drawn erroneously as Gryffn?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Oof. Good question. The analysis in the archives doesn't give me any clues as to *why* we have the listing as they currently are (Gryffen instead of Tyburn). :(
-Daron Jensen
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

I'd suggest going with who was pictured. It may have been a slip of the tongue. I know my parents have called me by my brother's name and my brother by my name without meaning to. Just one of those things that happens.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

The problem is that we don't know what the plot said. For all we know, the artist drew the wrong character and the writer tried to correct it with the dialogue.