Ultimate X #1-5

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ultimate X #1-5

Post by Col_Fury »

ULTIMATE X #1 (April, 2010)
By Jeph Loeb & Art Adams

APPEARANCES:
Jimmy Hudson (Wolverine’s son, born James Howlett Jr.), James Hudson, Heather Hudson, Shadowcat, Wolverine (in recorded fb)

FLASHBACK:
Wolverine records a hologram message for his son, explaining why the Hudsons raised him instead of Wolverine.
SYNOPSIS:
16 year old Jimmy Hudson learns he has healing powers. Shadowcat stops by to visit, reveals he’s Wolverine’s son and was adopted by the Hudsons. Jimmy figures out he has bone claws like Wolverine did, then he grows metal around the claws because it “feels right.” He leaves with Shadowcat.

ULTIMATE X #2 (June, 2010)
By Jeph Loeb & Art Adams

APPEARANCES:
Jean Grey (“Karen Grant”), Mystique, Sabretooth, Jimmy Hudson

SYNOPSIS:
Karen Grant goes about her day until Mystique and Sabretooth approach her. They know she’s really Jean Grey and want her to join the Brotherhood. She refuses, so Sabretooth kills her new boyfriend. Jean throws a couple of buses at Sabretooth, goes home and prepares to start over somewhere else. Jimmy Hudson bursts in to her apartment and says he’s Wolverine’s son.

ULTIMATE X #3 (August, 2010)
By Jeph Loeb & Art Adams

APPEARANCES:
Guardian (Derek Morgan), Joe Morgan (his brother), Lynn Morgan (Joe’s wife), Jean Grey (“Karen Grant”), Jimmy Hudson

SYNOPSIS:
Derek is a mutant with wings that stops muggings at night as the Guardian. His brother Joe is a policeman. Since being a mutant is now illegal, when Derek finds out his brother is a mutant he wants to turn him over to SHIELD. Jean Grey arrives and alters Joe’s memory and recruits Derek into her group.

ULTIMATE X #4 (May, 2011)
By Jeph Loeb & Art Adams

APPEARANCES:
Firestar (Liz Allen) & her mother, Theodore Allen (born Theodore Dukes, Firestar’s half-brother), Jean Grey (“Karen Grant”), Jimmy Hudson, Guardian, Quicksilver

SYNOPSIS:
Liz Allen and her mom moved to California after the Ultimatum War; Liz’s half-brother Teddy now lives with them. Teddy’s pal shoots the principal at school, Teddy discovers he’s a mutant and Firestar reveals herself. Jean Grey arrives and tries to recruit them into her group, but Quicksilver arrives and tries to recruit them as well. Firestar goes with Jean and Teddy goes with Quicksilver.

NOTE:
I don’t know if it’s been revealed before this, but Firestar’s father is the Blob. Also, this issue says he Blob’s name is Frank Dukes.

Teddy is her half-brother (same father, different mothers), who has Blob’s powers.

ULTIMATE X #5 (August, 2011)
By Jeph Loeb & Art Adams

APPEARANCES:
Jimmy Hudson, Sabretooth, Jean Grey (“Karen Grant”), Guardian, Firestar, Hulk, Namor, Quicksilver, Mystique, Teddy Allen, Nick Fury, Rogue, Colossus, Storm, Spiral, Havok, Scarlet Witch

SYNOPSIS:
Sabretooth attacks Jimmy Hudson in front of a liquor store. Jean gets angry and recruits the Hulk (who is working in a soup kitchen as Bruce; he served a homeless and amnesiac Namor) into her group. The Brotherhood attacks and the two groups fight, but they eventually go their separate ways. Later, Jean reveals to the group that she’s working with Nick Fury; that’s how she knew where to find who she recruited. She plans to rescue other mutants. Meanwhile, Quicksilver reveals to the Brotherhood that Scarlet Witch is still alive.

Placement suggestions:

*BLOB (change name to BLOB/FRANK DUKES)
ULTS3 2

BLOB II/THEODORE ALLEN (nee DUKES)
ULTX 4
ULTX 5

COLOSSUS/PETER RASPUTIN

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 5

FIRESTAR/LIZ ALLEN
From Liz Allen
ULTXM/FF@ 1
ULTFF/XM@ 1
*ULTX 4
*ULTX 5

FURY, GEN. NICHOLAS "NICK"

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 5

GREY, JEAN/"KAREN GRANT"
From Phoenix
ULTIMATUM:XMR
*ULTX 2
*ULTX 3
*ULTX 4
*ULTX 5

GUARDIAN/DEREK MORGAN
ULTX 3
ULTX 4
ULTX 5

HAVOK/ALEX SUMMERS
ULTX 5

HUDSON, HEATHER
ULTX 1

HUDSON, JAMES
ULTX 1

HUDSON, JIMMY (nee HOWLETT)
ULTX 1
ULTX 2
ULTX 3
ULTX 4
ULTX 5

HULK/DR. ROBERT BRUCE BANNER

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 5

MYSTIQUE

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 2
*ULTX 5

NAMOR

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 5

QUICKSILVER/PIETRO LENSHERR

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 4
*ULTX 5

ROGUE

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 5

SABRETOOTH/VICTOR CREED

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 2
*ULTX 5

SCARLET WITCH/WANDA LENSHERR

ULTS3 5-BTS
*ULTX 5

SHADOWCAT/KITTY PRYDE

ULTIMATUM 5
*See Shroud

SHROUD/KITTY PRYDE
From Shadowcat
ULTX 1

SPIRAL
ULTX 5

STORM/ORORO MUNROE

ULTIMATUM 5
*ULTX 5

WOLVERINE/LOGAN/CPL. JAMES HOWLETT

ULTFF/X@ 1
*ULTX 1-FB
ULTIMATUM 1
-Daron Jensen
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Ultimate X #1-5

Post by Jason Doty »

the word "nee" is used to identify a woman by her maiden name.

I don't think there is any evidence in the comics to make the jump that either child ever used the surname Dukes, and should be left off of Blob II.

If we knew for sure that was their birth name and then it was changed, I would maybe put "formerly."
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

This is following the format we currently use for Jessica Jones:

JONES, JESSICA (nee CAMBELL)

She was born Cambell was was adopted by the Jones'. Cambell is not her maiden name. She's now Jones, formerly Cambell.

Jimmy Hudson was born James Howlett Jr. and was adopted by the Hudsons. Teddy Dukes was born Teddy Dukes and was adopted by the Allens (this is all spelled out for us in ULTX 1-5). It's the same thing as Jessica Jones.

We had a discussion about this for Jessica Jones a while back, but it looks like it fell into the archives.
-Daron Jensen
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

then shouldn't you also have Firestar with a nee.

I just was pointing out, I've never seen this word used in relation to a man. If you re-purposed it for use here, as a tool, that's fine by me. Now I know.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Firestar?

What was the end of the Cambell/Jones "nee" discussion, anyway? Did it originally mean "formerly" and was re-purposed over the centuries to mean maiden name? Or something? Is it exclusively for women?
-Daron Jensen
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I just figured out what you meant by Firestar.

No, she was born Allen. Her biological father is Frank Dukes, yes, but she was born out of wedlock and her original, born-as name given by her mother (her only legal guardian) is Allen. She was born Liz Allen. It's not like she was later adopted by her birth mother.

Teddy Dukes, though, was born Dukes, and (much) later was adopted by Mrs. Allen (who changed his surname to Allen).

Also, thanks Somebody!
-Daron Jensen
Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Chris McCarver »

Col_Fury wrote:This is following the format we currently use for Jessica Jones:

JONES, JESSICA (nee CAMBELL)

She was born Cambell was was adopted by the Jones'. Cambell is not her maiden name. She's now Jones, formerly Cambell.

Jimmy Hudson was born James Howlett Jr. and was adopted by the Hudsons. Teddy Dukes was born Teddy Dukes and was adopted by the Allens (this is all spelle dout for us in ULTX 1-5). It's the same thing as Jessica Jones.

We had a discussion about this for Jessica Jones a while back, but it looks like it fell into the archives.
Don't mean to derail the conversation, but shouldn't Jessica's birth surname be spelled "CamPbell?"
chris "mac" mccarver
world's angriest creative mind
get down with the sickness at
http://www.chrismccarver.com
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Col_Fury wrote:Also, thanks Somebody!
Note that, therefore, it should be "HUDSON, JIMMY ( HOWLETT)" if we're going that route - née is expressly feminine! Or you could just use (born...) for both Jessica Jones and Ultimate Kid Wolverine, which would be my preference in that form.

[I'm not entirely sure it shouldn't just be "HUDSON, JIMMY/JAMES HOWLETT, JNR." though. We have Carmilla Black (born Thasanee Rappaccini) as "SCORPION IV/CARMILLA BLACK/THASANEE RAPPACCINI", for instance.]
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I like the idea of "born" instead of "nee."

I'm thinking Scorpion should be changed to SCORPION IV/CARMILLA BLACK (born THASANEE RAPPACCINI).

Also, yes, we're missing the P in Campbell. Thanks, Chris!
-Daron Jensen