Thor 271 Howard the Duck?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

KirkM
Henchman
Henchman

Thor 271 Howard the Duck?

Post by KirkM »

Thor 271 contains a plethora of one-panel cameos. I can't possibly be the first person to have noticed the anthropomorphic duck walking by the Baxter Building with a female human companion on page 10, panel 7, yet there's no mention of it here, in the Thor index, or on comicbookdb.com. He's not wearing Howard's trademark hat and tie, but who else could it be? Howard was living in New York at the time.

Maybe I'm late to this party. Was a decision already made that that duck isn't HTD?
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Thor 271 Howard the Duck?

Post by loki »

It does look like Howard. The Thor Index never discussed it, meaning neither the entry writer nor those reviewing the entry brought it up - and I suspect that all those who checked the issue simply overlooked the tiny cameo.
KirkM
Henchman
Henchman

Post by KirkM »

Ah, I think I see the problem. Somewhere along the way, it was decided that the Ringmaster story in HTD 25-27 happened before the Ringmaster's appearances in SVTU 8 and H2 217 which happen way before T 271. Assuming that Ringmaster's timeline is correct, Howard would have been back in Cleveland or in Skudge, PA by the time of T 271. Perhaps it was just easier to ignore the unnamed duck in that one panel in T 271.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I don't think that was the problem.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

HTD 25-27 does look wildly misplaced in the Circus of Crime members' chronologies, and should probably be moved to after H2 217.

What's stopping T 271 from being placed between HTD 24-25 in Howard's chronology? And between HTD 18 & 25 in Beverly's chronology (assuming her hair is off-color)?

Howard returns to New York (and Earth) in HTD 24, and is still there in HTD 25, and he's in New York in T 271.
-Daron Jensen