Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lettsmonster
Big Bad
Big Bad

Kris Degann and SMTU 4

Post by lettsmonster »

Hello all!
Kris Degann was a minor love interest of the teen Tony Stark, Iron Man V, during his time attending Columbia University. Currently, she is listed as appearing only in the IM comic, yet on page 36 of SMTU 4, we see Kris and Tony in class at Columbia. A part of the plot of IM 326 is the first meeting of Kris and Tony standing in line enrolling for classes at Columbia University, so SMTU 4 would need to follow this event at some time.

Perhaps of greater significance in the missing appearance is the fact that SMTU 4 is an Avengers crossover featuring nearly every current Avenger of the time period. At present chronology of all these Avengers, SMTU 4 is placed before IM 326, which couldn't be the case with the established relationship of Kris and Tony in SMTU 4. I think a revised Kris Degann timeline would also affect a number of other characters. Thoughts?

As always, thanks!
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Kris Degann and SMTU 4

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Good catch! You're right, and now we need to figure out exactly where SMTU 4 should go. I have an old note that states that issue should be placed sometime between A 399 and 400, but of course I didn't write down why. No time to track this down right now, though.
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Does this solution make sense?

For CAPTAIN AMERICA, BLACK WIDOW, GIANT-MAN, HAWKEYE, and SCARLET WITCH:
A 399
SMTU 4
A 400

For CRYSTAL, QUICKSILVER, VISION, and WASP:
AU 6
SMTU 4
A 400

For HENRY PETER GYRICH:
H2 441
SMTU 4
H2 447

For IRON MAN:
A 396
SMTU 4
IM 327

For EDWIN JARVIS:
A 397
SMTU 4
IM 327

FOR THOR:
T 501
SMTU 4
A 400

Chronologies for SHIRLEY WASHINGTON LEWIS, PEPPER POTTS, SPIDER-MAN ROBOT, and SPIDER-MAN II would remain unchanged.
Paul B.
lettsmonster
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by lettsmonster »

And so SMTU 4 will be inserted between IM 326 and IM 328 in the Kris Degann chronology.

This all looks good to me, Paul. Thanks