INFINITY to ORIGINAL SIN

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: INFINITY to ORIGINAL SIN

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Col_Fury wrote:Just read Amazing X-Men v2 #7, which features Parker as Spider-Man (he explains it was Octavius when he was acting like a jerk). And yet, we have AMAZX2 8-12 placed before Octavius stopped being Spider-Man (not anymore!).

At the very least I'm going to say AMAZX2 8-12 is after ORIGINAL SIN. But what about AMAZX2 7? It was published the same month as ASM3 2 & ORIGINAL SIN 1-2. I'm thinking after Parker's return and before ORIGINAL SIN.
Yup, AMAZX2 7 has to occur after ASM3 2. I have AMAZX2 7-12 (and maybe even 13) before ORIGINAL SIN. My notes say that Dr. Strange probably appears in NA@3 1 (which occurs before OS) after AMAZX2 10, though this needs investigation. AMAZX2 10 (2-9)-FB shows Strange exposing himself to a dark magic book that is different from the one in NA3 20 (16-17)-FB; maybe his exposure to the dark arts happened over a period of time.
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Paul Bourcier wrote:I have AMAZX2 7-12 (and maybe even 13) before ORIGINAL SIN.
OK. Are there references to the previous issues as recent? Or a big time break between issues #12-13? Or does Thor appear with his hammer? I really need to get caught up on reading AMAZX2.

Thor: God of Thunder #13-18 happens in a chunk. Thor goes realm-hopping, so no appearances elsewhere for Thor during these issues.

Thor: GoT #19-20 happens over two days. Phil Coulson mentions that Roz Solomon has only been in the field for three weeks, which suggests this happen three weeks after Thor: GoT #12 (where she becomes a field agent). I don't think that's going to fly, but we can re-interpret this to mean she's been in the field on this particular assignment for three weeks.

Thor: GoT #21-24 happens over a few days, and starts three weeks after #20. Thor is noted as having been off with the Avengers during this time. Asgard finally leaves Earth in #24, so any appearances of Asgard on Earth need to happen before this.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Col_Fury wrote:does Thor appear with his hammer?
Boink! AMAZX2 8-12 (which happens in one night, maybe two) happens before ORIGINAL SIN.

AMAZX2 13 is a standalone story that also happens in one night. Also, it was published two months after ORIGINAL SIN ended.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Deadpool Annual #2 features Parker as Spider-Man. This was published the same month as DPOOL5 28-29, so between DPOOL5 28-29 seems like the intended spot.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I’ve been tied up with some other stuff lately, but I’ve been pecking away at Iron Man in my spare time:

IM6 18 happens in a day.

IM6 19 happens over an undefined amount of time, enough time for Stark to buy a city.

IM6 20 happens in a day, and starts on the same day as the end of IM6 19.

IM6 20.INH happens in a day, “2 months” after Infinity/Inhumanity; Stark is surprised that they’re still finding people going through Terrigenesis. The INDH Inhumanity arc is referenced. Venom appears on Earth, Hulk appears in a SHIELD mission.

IM6 21 happens some time later, after several attacks on Mandarin City.

IM6 22 picks up from the end of IM6 21 and spans at least a few days, if not several. Malekith appears, so after Thor: GoT 13-18.

IM@v? 1 happens in a day.

IM6 23-26 happens over a day or two. Dark Angel appears, so before or after Revolutionary War?

IM6 27-28 probably spans a bit of time, but can be compressed if needed. Iron Man seems to think it’d be easy to get ahold of the Asgardians, so probably before Thor: GoT 24.

The UX Spec / IM Spec / Nova Spec happens here.

I’ll most likely read some Hulk comics next.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

It looks like there's going to have to be a gap inserted somewhere in INDH 20.

Bruce Banner gets shot in the head at the end of INDH 20. Hulk v? #1 picks up from there, Bruce is brain damaged. Weeks pass, then the rest of #1-4 happen in fairly short order. By the end, Bruce no longer works for SHIELD, so any appearances of Hulk with SHIELD have to happen before this. Tony and Arno fix Bruce with Extremis, while in Mandarin City. Arno has his mobility suit. So, Tony and Arno appear here after the IM Annual and before IM6 23.

Original Sin happens between Hulk v? #4-5.

INDH 20 is the end of the Inhumanity tie-in, which is referenced as already having had happened in IM6 20.INH. Hulk appears with SHIELD in IM6 20.INH. INDH 20 ends the plot, then Bruce makes a recording about that adventure and mentions he's still feeling the effects (meaning, it's the same day). As he's making the recording, he's shot in the head.

So where's the gap? On page 19, between panels 4-5? Pretend the "Starting Now" dialogue is about something else? Because I'm not seeing a spot anywhere else.
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Col_Fury wrote:
Does this annual pick up from where Iron Man: Fatal Frontier #1-3 leave off?

Col_Fury wrote:
IM6 23-26 happens over a day or two. Dark Angel appears, so before or after Revolutionary War?
Probably after.

Col_Fury wrote:
By the end, Bruce no longer works for SHIELD, so any appearances of Hulk with SHIELD have to happen before this...Hulk appears with SHIELD in IM6 20.INH.
Do we know with certainty that Hulk never worked for SHIELD again after Hv? #4? Also, do we know that Hulk is working for SHIELD in IM6 20.INH? Hulk is seen in one panel in that issue, wearing an armor and leaping through the sky. The Nightbringer ring notes that Hulk is "currently working with major Earth organizations," but SHIELD is not specifically mentioned and the ring's data may not be up-to-date. There's no sign of any SHIELD presence here.

I placed IM6 20.INH after Hulk gets Extremis in Hv? #4.
Paul B.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Col_Fury wrote:
Does this annual pick up from where Iron Man: Fatal Frontier #1-3 leave off?
There are three stories in the Annual. That Tony is a bit 'of time after Fatal Frontier, but before the opening of Troy. The lunar colony is abandoned for a while, it The story of Pepper extends over the months, while Tony was in space.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Paul Bourcier wrote:I placed IM6 20.INH after Hulk gets Extremis in Hv? #4.
But Hv? #4 has to happen between IM6 22-23 for Arno. How can Hv? #4 happen

Hv? #4 (here?)
IM6 20.INH
IM6 21
IM6 22
IM@v? #1
Hv? #4 (and here?)
IM6 23

Arno has his mobility suit in Hv? but he doesn't have it in IM6 21-22 or the Annual. In IM6 23, he already has it. I don't see Arno getting a suit that finally lets him walk around (Hv?), then not using it for a while (IM6 21-22), then using it again (IM6 23).
Paul Bourcier wrote:Do we know with certainty that Hulk never worked for SHIELD again after Hv? #4?
I haven't read everything from this period yet so I'm not absolutely sure, but it seems to be the intention that the Banner/SHIELD relationship is over by this point.

I haven't read Original Sin yet, but I've flipped through it. Banner's working with Iron Man, not SHIELD, in it, right?
Paul Bourcier wrote:
Col_Fury wrote:IM6 23-26 happens over a day or two. Dark Angel appears, so before or after Revolutionary War?
Probably after.
Thanks! I plan on reading Revolutionary War soon.
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Hmm. Point taken.

I have a gap in Indestructible Hulk #20 between pages 17 and 18.

So how about...
IndHulk 17-20 (1-17) (Inhumanity tie-in)
IM6 20.INH (Inhumanity has happened, Hulk working for SHIELD, Arno immobile)
IM6 21-22 (Arno introduces his big clunky prototype armor)
IndHulk 20 (18-20) (Banner shot)
Hulk 1-4 (Banner incapacitated, given Extremis, Arno in streamlined mobility armor)
IM6 23-28 (Arno in streamlined armor, pre-Original Sin)

Yes? No? Maybe so?
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

All-New Invaders #1-5 occur during one day. This arc occurs at least "six months" after Secret Avengers #37 (5-19)-FB and "not long" after X-Men Legacy v2 #23. Because Cap refers to Dimension Z in this arc, ANI 1-5 should occur after Captain America v7 #11. Hammond must appear in this arc before Fantastic Four v5 #5 and the Supreme Intelligence is probably here before Guardians of the Galaxy v3 #15.

All-New Invaders #6-10 occur after Original Sin. Issue #8 ties into Avengers v5 #28, which follows directly from Avengers v5 #25-27, so A5 25-28 occur after Original Sin.
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Paul Bourcier wrote:I have a gap in Indestructible Hulk #20 between pages 17 and 18.
I can see that. We'll have to assume that Banner's "still feeling the influence" of another session, and not the one from the bulk of the story.

Thanks!
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Captain America v7 #12-23 should occur after Original Sin.
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

On to Captain Marvel...

CM8 12 occurs over four days.

I have CM9 1-13 before Original Sin. These issues cover the "few months" Carol is in space, as noted in CM9 13:
CM9 10-FB-FB
CM9 1 (6-13)-FB
CM9 1 (14-20)-FB -- next day
CM9 2 -- four weeks after CM9 1 (6-13)-FB
CM9 3 (1-11)
CM9 3 (12-20) -- week and a half later
CM9 4 (1-19) -- shortly after
CM9 1 (1:1-1:2) -- perhaps next day
CM9 4 (20:3-20:4) -- same day
CM9 1 (1:3-4/5:7) -- same day; two weeks after CM9 2; six weeks after CM9 1 (6-13)-FB
CM9 5 -- same day
CM9 6 -- same day
CM9 7 -- three days later
CM9 8 (1-16) -- same day
CM9 10-FB
CM9 8 (18-20) -- few weeks after CM9 8 (1-16)
CM9 9-11 -- one day, ending on Christmas Eve
CM9 12-FB -- next day (Christmas)
CM9 12 -- same day
CM9 13 -- same day; probably before GOTG3 14*

*J'Son is still in power in CM9 6. Carol and Tic part ways in CM9 13, then Carol gets involved with the Guardians.

GOTG3 14 -- one day; after FCBD2014 (as noted in another post)
GOTG3 15-17 -- one day shortly after; Supreme Intelligence probably here after ANI 5.
GOTG3 18-20 -- one day
GOTG3 21-23 -- one day
GOTG@2 1 -- one day; after GOTG3 23 since both Carol and Flash are with the Guardians
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Finally read Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet. The whole thing happens over a week, probably, except for the epilogue, which probably spans a few weeks.

As noted before, the Thunderbolts appear. Venom's already gone and Ghost Rider is with the team. Between TB3 26-27

Also noted earlier, Blade appears. For Blade, DPOOL:DG -> MA2 6-9 -> DPOOL5 27

Dr. Strange appears, but they're cameos. They could go anywhere from comics of the time.

MODOK appears still working with AIM. When did he join SHIELD again?
-Daron Jensen