Comic Pro
Comic Pro

X-Men student View

Post by loki »

view_or_not.jpg
view_or_not.jpg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
One of the very minor leagues, View turned up in Gambit vol4 #10
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/view.htm

Then in New X-Men #20, there's a not dissimilar looking pupils amongst the ones milling around following M-Day.

I think they are the same character - yes, coloring of hair is off, but that's not too unusual. View has a flat face, a side effect of his mutation, whereas this guy doesn't, but it is post M-Day. They are in similar styles of baggy clothes, both wear a baseball cap backwards with some hair sticking through on the front and sides, both (in a world of beautiful bodies, where it's very uncommon to be drawn as out of shape) are slightly overweight, and both have a broad nose.

Thoughts? Agree or disagree?
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: X-Men student View

Post by Russ Chappell »

My first impulse is to treat these as random characters, but the suggestion is intriguing. There's just enough there to wonder...

I'd feel more confident in declaring this guy as a previously seen character, if we could identify just one more character from that New X-Men 20 scene, as some one that we might have already met.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

Yeah, I agree it's not conclusive, and I take your point about how it would help if we could match anyone else (presumably not one of the regulars of New X-Men) among the students as being from a prior issue. Obviously the problem that is that a lot of the depowered ones lost their visible mutations, so we're looking for anyone else who looked mostly human anyway. And without costumes, most of the kids are fairly generic looking - which makes it both harder to find a second example, but also imo works in favor of this one case, for the very reason that he's one of the few who does stand out as having any sort of distinctive appearance.

However, a quick check of the Xavier Insititute entry in the handbooks does turn up a second possibility. I present Frank (later identified in the Handbooks as Frank Ludlum, Pinocchio), who turned up in X-Men Unlimited #10, and a panel from New X-Men #10 (the first panel shows our View-lookalike again, top left).
Attachments
pinocchio_maybe.jpg
pinocchio_maybe.jpg (162.94 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Well.

There you go.

Nice job!
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

loki wrote:However, a quick check of the Xavier Insititute entry in the handbooks does turn up a second possibility. I present Frank (later identified in the Handbooks as Frank Ludlum, Pinocchio), who turned up in X-Men Unlimited #10, and a panel from New X-Men #10 (the first panel shows our View-lookalike again, top left).
I presume you meant New X-Men #20?
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

Somebody wrote:
loki wrote:However, a quick check of the Xavier Insititute entry in the handbooks does turn up a second possibility. I present Frank (later identified in the Handbooks as Frank Ludlum, Pinocchio), who turned up in X-Men Unlimited #10, and a panel from New X-Men #10 (the first panel shows our View-lookalike again, top left).
I presume you meant New X-Men #20?
Yes. XMU #10, but NXM #20.