Abomination BTS Hulk # 1?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Abomination BTS Hulk # 1?

Post by intp »

I have a question about the Abomination's entry. Abomination is listed as being "BTS" in H 1 and H@ 17-FB (presumably referring to the FB in the annual which occurred during H 1). But for the life of me, I can't remember any story establishing that Blonsky was BTS in those early stories. Can anyone enlighten me as to where this was established? I've read nearly every Abomination appearance ever and most (though not all) of the Hulk's appearances and I can't recall that ever being mentioned or suggested.
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Abomination BTS Hulk # 1?

Post by intp »

Anyone have any insight into this one? I've re-read H3 25, TTA 90/2-91/2, the Wikipedia page, and several online sources, and still haven't the slightest clue as to what the basis is for concluding that Abomination (who would still have been Emil Blonsky) was BTS in H 1. I haven't had a chance yet to check the flashback in H@ 17, but IIRC, that just involved a soldier reminiscing to his son that he's the guy who came up with the original "Hulk" name way back in H 1, as shown in the FB. In H 1, Igor Drenkov is the only identified spy, and the first time Blonsky is ever vaguely referred to (that I know of) is in TTA 90/2. The flashback in H3 25 is merely of Blonsky being with his wife Nadia in the U.S.S.R., before even leaving that country.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Just a thought: Rather than concentrating on Abomination flashbacks, I would suggest looking into flashbacks to the Hulk's origin.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

I think this comes from a misreading of H3 3. The mysterious character who drives or monitors the Abomination states, "Have I told you that I faced the Hulk on the very day he was born? That I knew Banner before he lived under the shadow of a monster?"
I do not know if this character has ever been identified, the Marvel wiki says he's an agent of the Brotherhood of the Shield.
zilch
Hero
Hero

Post by zilch »

I think this refers to the fact that Blonsky says he was a spy on the Gamma Bomb project.

-z