MCP chronologies vs Handbook chronologies

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

zuckyd1
Henchman
Henchman

MCP chronologies vs Handbook chronologies

Post by zuckyd1 »

Is there a general policy for when the MCP's chronologies disagree with the Handbooks'? Just to pick one example, you list Galactus' appearances in PP 56 & 58 as taking place after XCAL 24 & 25, whereas his handbook entry has it the other way around.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MCP chronologies vs Handbook chronologies

Post by Col_Fury »

It would depend on the case. We've deviated from the Index after concluding the Index made a mistake; it's entirely possible the same thing has happened with the Handbooks. It's also possible that it's a complete oversight on our part.

It's been a while since I've looked at Excalibur #24-25, and I don't think I've ever read Power Pack #56-58. What does Galactus do in those issues? I ask because the Handbooks don't cite issue numbers in the profiles. Also, XCAL 24-25 & PP 56-58 were published at roughly the same time, so it may have come down to how the books lined up with the larger universe at the time, rather than just the two Galactus plots (unless one referenced the other in the past tense, or something).

So anyway, what happens in XCAL 24-25 & PP 56-58?
-Daron Jensen
zuckyd1
Henchman
Henchman

Post by zuckyd1 »

"After assisting Power Pack in curing a maddened Nova, Galactus was drawn back to Earth by the power of the Phoenix Force, briefly battling its then-host, Rachel Summers..."

I don't think the two stories reference each other; the ordering decision may ultimately have been somewhat arbitrary.
In lieu of any evidence to the contrary, should the MCP order be changed to match the handbook?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Probably.

I know that over the last few years, TONS of changes have been made to the MCP from early '90s comics. Some came from posting board corrections here, others came from the recent Index series. It's possible this change was made during that time, so we'd have to go through and make sure this was a deliberate decision. Now we have to find out if that's the case. :)

Thanks for bring this up, zuckyd1!
-Daron Jensen