Haunt of Horror #3

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lettsmonster
Big Bad
Big Bad

Haunt of Horror #3

Post by lettsmonster »

Haunt of Horror #3 (September, 1974)
By Doug Moench (writer) & Billy Graham, Pablo Marcos, Frank Giacoia, Mike Esposito (artists)

APPEARANCES:
Gabriel Rosetti, Desadia, Dr Craig MIller (foremost authority on demonology and exorcism), Veronica Miller (his daughter)

SYNOPSIS:
The office of Gabriel Rosetti receives a phone call from Dr. Craig Miller requesting aid in the demonic possession of his daughter Veronica. Gabriel and Desadia immediately catch a train to Miller's house in Connecticut. Shortly after entering the house, Gabriel battles the possessing demon as it alternately jumps from the bodies of Dr. Miller and his daughter and back again. In the end, with the demon possessing him, Dr. MIller ingests rat poison, ending his own life and that of the servant of hell.

NOTE:
This is the first story in HOH 3. I would argue that the rest of the magazine is not canon, but I do not know your procedures on determining this. Let me know. Also, since this is my first issue analysis, if you could let me know if this is acceptable, that would be great. If everything looks good here, I will do an issue analysis for the missing HOH 4 and 5 as well. I just want to make sure I am doing this right first. Thanks!

Also, i will suggest placement for HOH 3-5 after my analysis
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Haunt of Horror #3

Post by Col_Fury »

Looks great, thanks!

I am curious what the other stories in the issue are. Maybe quick descriptions instead of full analyses (the second story features a hitch hiker who murders people, the third story is a ghost story, there's also a text feature that talks about the Exorcist movie, etc.). Chances are they won't be included in the MCP, but it doesn't hurt to be complete. :)

Thanks, lettsmonster! :D
-Daron Jensen