DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ant-Man: Last Days #1

Post by DonCampbell »

Ant-Man (Scott Lang) - also in flashback
The Slug (Ulysses Lugman)
Slug's goons (none named)
Mary Morgenstern - also in flashback (formerly Miss Patriot, currently The Cloaked Clairvoyant)
Doctor Fear
The Thunderer (Jerry Carstairs)
Leopard Girl (Gwen)
Golden Girl (Betsy Ross Mace)
Human Top (David Mitchell)
plus at least twenty other Golden Age super-heroes - Can anyone name them?

Tricia Fenstrom (TV reporter)
Peggy Rae
Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Ant-Man: Last Days #1

Post by loki »

Apologies for reviving this old thread, but I'd only recently been re-reading the issue and trying to figure out who the Golden Agers were, and that led me to check here to see if anyone here had figured out others I couldn't identify, at which point I discovered I seem to have put names to a few Don was unsure of. So, with picture evidence to let others decide if I have it right or not (and mods, please feel free to move images properly into the thread, as I believe I can't do so, based on a prior thread):
I've clipped this to show a number of the old timers, as I feel other posters might recognise a few more, but I particularly want to draw attention to the guy wearing the flying helmet and large goggles, front and center. He's presumably the same guy seen rejuvenated a few pages later
I've seen some sites online claim American Ace is in the story, but I can't see him, and think someone just assumed that this guy was American Ace, based on that being the only Golden Age aviator they knew of. My first thought was it looked a lot like Jap-Buster Johnson, who wears very similar aviator helmet and goggles. Note also the plane similarities.
but I now think he is Captain Daring, who wears very similar aviator helmet and goggles, but also has the yellow tie worn by the guy in the modern story.

Then there's this guy. Image
Based on the helmet and black top, I think he's Flash Foster

Sharing a panel with the Human Top (Mitchell) is Sun Girl
No comparison photo, because that one isn't uncertain.

Bottom of that same page is this guy
Based on his goggles and wide collar, I think he is the Fighting Yank.
ShadZ
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by ShadZ »

For what it's worth, the Marvel Database wiki also Identifies:

Wax Master (Elena King)
ShadZ
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

ShadZ wrote:For what it's worth, the Marvel Database wiki also Identifies:

Wax Master (Elena King)
I am not so sure. Here's the image of Wax Master from the wiki in question (and the only image I could find of the character thus far)

So we are looking for black hood, black robes, rope belt and bare hands. There are only two individuals seen who come even close to that, both seen in the first groupshot above, visible to the left - black hood, but bare neck, gloved hands, cloak, and if that's an old lady, then she's exceptionally flat-chested - and the far right, above the held hands of one of the dancing couples - back turned to the reader so only the long black cloak can be seen, which means it's difficult to make any identification for certain, but Wax Master's image doesn't suggest she's wearing a cloak, and the cloaked figure doesn't show any signs of wearing a belt like Wax Master's. There are no other characters in the comic who wear a full-face covering hood, bar the Thunderer later in the issue. So going on the available Golden Age image, I'd personally say that the Wax Master is not in the issue.