The Official MCP Comics Trading/Selling Post!

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Paul Bourcier, Kevin W., Col_Fury, Arthur, JephYork, Somebody

JephYork
Director
Director

The Official MCP Comics Trading/Selling Post!

Post by JephYork » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi, everyone. Another board that I spend time on has a thread where members trade or sell their comics with one another, and I thought we might want to try a similar stunt over here. If this thread takes off, we'll continue it -- if it tanks, we'll probably quietly retire it. So please, everyone feel free to participate!

Whether you're looking to sell your comics, trade them for others, or just request comics you're trying to find -- this is the thread for you. A few ground rules, though:

1. You must be a registered board member with at least 10 posts -- or you must e-mail one of the moderators to ask permission to post your list here. I don't want people to start signing up just to advertise their wares.

2. You can offer comics for sale, post up a trade list (what you're offering and what you're looking for), or post a "wants list". Please include a rough grade and an estimate of price and shipping, where relevant. You can also advertise your comic-related eBay auctions or other online sales of your comics.

3. Feel free to ask other posters for clarifying follow-ups on this thread, if you think the information is general enough that the entire board would want to know (like, "is that a first printing?") -- but please restrict all offers to buy/trade, general haggling and deal-making to Private Messages.

4. If you've sold/traded/received something off your list, please edit your post to remove it.

5. Screwing over a fellow board member (i.e. charging outrageous shipping fees, offering comics for sale/trade that you don't actually own, promising to pay but vanishing) is a moddable offense. Obviously mistakes can happen -- comics get lost in shipping, grading isn't universal, and people's budgets change like lightning -- but any clear-cut instances of obvious dickery will be answered by suspensions from the board. Please try to resolve any disputes one-on-one, but if you truly need intervention (and please note that I have no power outside of this board; I can't compel anyone to actually DO anything), please PM me.

Thanks! This thread is meant to be a service to our little community -- helping to get comics into (or out of) the hands of fellow chronologists and comic-lovers! So please approach it in that spirit ... and enjoy!

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Official MCP Comics Trading/Selling Post!

Post by Russ Chappell » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Please note that this thread is Buyer-to-Seller. The MCP does not endorse statements made by either buyer or seller. While we reserve the right to restrict posters on the thread, we are not a party to the deal, and by making or accepting offers here, both the buyer and seller agree to absolve us of any responsibility.

caveat emptor

Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: The Official MCP Comics Trading/Selling Post!

Post by Jason Doty » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Does anyone have a copy of the 1980 Amazing Spider-Man guest starring Spider-Woman Acme and Dingo Children's Boots Giveaway for a reasonable price? People are selling these on ebay for $100 to $125. I think this is a bit high.

* Update- You can remove this post. I got it