Inhumanity #2 - name those Inhumans!

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Inhumanity #2 - name those Inhumans!

Post by JephYork »

A bunch of unfamiliar (to me) Inhumans showed up in Inhumanity #2, and I'm trying to determine (a) whether this is their first appearance, and (b) if the unnamed ones have gotten names anywhere else yet.

- Drive (super-fast young Inhuman)
- Medusa's white-skinned/stripe-faced attendant
- four kids in black/grey costumes with white trim, being rescued/assisted by Cannonball and Sunspot on p.5 panel 4 - they're dressed similar to Drive.
- the Unspoken's three goons -- one is crablike, one has eight arms, and one glows (and likely teleports).

Also, the black-armored team that destroys the Inhuman cocoons on pp.8-9 -- are they established villains, or are they new? Have they been named elsewhere?

For the record, Minxi, Elejea, Eelak, Alaris and Desidera (the clear-skulled psychic) are all pre-existing characters. (Though some look very different from their previous appearances.)

Which reminds me -- marvel.wiki.com claims that Elejea appeared in Inhumans (1998) #5-6, but although the Official Handbook vol. 5 HC lists her under "members," it doesn't have a headshot image for her. Can anyone confirm whether she appeared *on-panel* in those issues, or if she was just namechecked behind the scenes somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeph!
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Inhumanity #2 - name those Inhumans!

Post by loki »

JephYork wrote: Which reminds me -- marvel.wiki.com claims that Elejea appeared in Inhumans (1998) #5-6, but although the Official Handbook vol. 5 HC lists her under "members," it doesn't have a headshot image for her. Can anyone confirm whether she appeared *on-panel* in those issues, or if she was just namechecked behind the scenes somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeph!
On panel appearance
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/mend ... m.htm#elej

I imagine the handbook entry just ran out of space.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Thanks, Loki! Does anyone know any more info about my other questions?

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Got some answers!

The white-skinned attendant is Marista, from Inhumans (1998) #1.
The four Inhumans being helped by Cannonball and Sunspot are generic displaced Inhumans. Not specific characters.
The Unspoken's three henchmen are new characters.

"Drive" isn't the speedster, he's the little green dude with the big head. He was originally intended to be Harddrive, the Dark Rider. He may be a new character, or he may be Harddrive with an extreme makeover and name change -- it's not clear yet.

The speedster is Eelak the Agile, from Fantastic Four #398. He somehow no longer has green skin; this may be a coloring error.

Actually, a lot of these characters have different looks from the last time they were seen. The worldwide Terrigenesis release may have tweaked some of their looks and powers, the same way Gorgon was briefly mutated in "Silent War" after a second Terrigen exposure.

-Jeph!