Thor Blood and Thunder question

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Paul Bourcier, Kevin W., Col_Fury, Arthur, JephYork, Somebody

Locked
Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Jeremy Johnston » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:34 am

I know this is an old crossover, but I have a question about some appearances in an issue. Warlock and the Infinity Watch 25 has two characters appearing on panel a few times with Odin. One is a blond woman, and the other appears to be a smallish Troll. I have never followed Thor regularily, so I can't be sure who these characters are. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Jeremy Johnston » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:35 am

Nobody knows who these characters may be?

JephYork
Director
Director
Posts: 4613
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:10 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by JephYork » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Nope -- don't own the issue. Could you maybe scan the page in question or something?

I suspect the blonde is Valkyrie and the troll is Pip the Troll, but Asgard has no shortage of other blondes and trolls, so who knows...

-Jeph!

User avatar
Somebody
Director
Director
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Somebody » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Well, here's the characters the MCP lists for the issue: http://www.chronologygraph.com/searchth ... mic=WIW+25

Pip is on that list, Valkyrie isn't. Maybe you can figure it out through a process of elimiation - otherwise, you'd have to post the page.

Paul Bourcier
Director
Director
Posts: 5424
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Florida

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Paul Bourcier » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:42 pm

I have the issue and see the characters in question. The young blond woman is an Asgardian, but not Valkyrie, and the troll is an Asgardian troll, not Pip (who does appear elsewhere in the issue). One gets the impression that these two characters are close to Odin since they're in his throne room, but they don't say a darned thing and no one refers to either of them by name. Their presence is entirely pointless.
Paul B.

Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Jeremy Johnston » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:31 am

Paul Bourcier wrote:I have the issue and see the characters in question. The young blond woman is an Asgardian, but not Valkyrie, and the troll is an Asgardian troll, not Pip (who does appear elsewhere in the issue). One gets the impression that these two characters are close to Odin since they're in his throne room, but they don't say a darned thing and no one refers to either of them by name. Their presence is entirely pointless.
They are completely pointless in this issue, you are correct. But they appear on more than one page with Odin... so they must have some point overall. No Thor fans from that era?

User avatar
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4312
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:40 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Contact:

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Russ Chappell » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:52 am

Jeremy Johnston wrote:They are completely pointless in this issue, you are correct. But they appear on more than one page with Odin... so they must have some point overall. No Thor fans from that era?
I think Paul is a Thor fan from that era, as am I. These are simply nameless characters. It's not that unusual.


watching: work pile up

Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Jeremy Johnston » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Russ Chappell wrote:
Jeremy Johnston wrote:They are completely pointless in this issue, you are correct. But they appear on more than one page with Odin... so they must have some point overall. No Thor fans from that era?
I think Paul is a Thor fan from that era, as am I. These are simply nameless characters. It's not that unusual.


watching: work pile up

Hmmm... Seems odd to me that they would be featured so prominantly, but I'll take your word for it. Thanks for your help guys.

Locked