the Punisher teaches YOU self-defence

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

the Punisher teaches YOU self-defence

Post by Col_Fury »

PWZ 23/2* has the Punisher telling the audience about his fighting techniques. I know this isn't the only time a story like this has appeared featuring the Punisher; does anyone know of any others like this? Not just fighting techniques, but maybe something about booby trapping a house or something?

As noted in the linked thread, Punisher likes to talk to himself a lot. He fills out a War Journal. Would we consider these types of stories to be like War Journal entries? Are amy of these already in the MCP?

Also, what about the 10-issue Punisher Armory series? That's a bunch of times where the Punisher writes about how great his weapons are.

Thoughts?

*split from other topic so it could be updated in the listings.
-Daron Jensen
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: the Punisher teaches YOU self-defence

Post by loki »

Col_Fury wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:00 am PWZ 23/2* has the Punisher telling the audience about his fighting techniques. I know this isn't the only time a story like this has appeared featuring the Punisher; does anyone know of any others like this? Not just fighting techniques, but maybe something about booby trapping a house or something?

As noted in the linked thread, Punisher likes to talk to himself a lot. He fills out a War Journal. Would we consider these types of stories to be like War Journal entries? Are amy of these already in the MCP?

Also, what about the 10-issue Punisher Armory series? That's a bunch of times where the Punisher writes about how great his weapons are.

Thoughts?

This is one that might actually benefit from the sliding timescale. Back when these were published, this apparent fourth wall breaking might be considered signs of the Punisher being unhinged. Thanks to the sliding timescale moving these vignettes to the early 2010s, it becomes possible to contemplate the possibility that Micro set up an alternative revenue stream for the Punisher as a Youtuber producing instructional videos.
8-)
Giant Ant
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Giant Ant »

Col_Fury wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:00 am PWZ 23/2* has the Punisher telling the audience about his fighting techniques. I know this isn't the only time a story like this has appeared featuring the Punisher; does anyone know of any others like this? Not just fighting techniques, but maybe something about booby trapping a house or something?

Thoughts?

There are two stories titled "Punisher fighting techniques" in P@2/3 and P@3/2. They are basically the same as the story in PWZ23/2, with the Punisher fighting people while narrating his techniques. Both of these stories are in his chronology. I'm sure there are more.
As for the Armory series, I consider it like a War Journal appendix. His narration gives some insight into his thought process and his history with the weapons, and most of that information is new
(See this link for some examples : https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discuss ... her-armory )
At the very least, the issues in which he physically appears should be added, I think.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I had a feeling at least some of these had made it into the MCP. Cool.

For PWZ 23/2 I'd say shortly before the Suicide Run crossover gets going:

PUNISHER II/FRANCIS G. CASTIGLIONE/"FRANK CASTLE"
……
GR/W/P:DD
*PWZ 23/2-FB
*PWZ 23/2
PWJ 61/2
PWJ 61
PWZ 23
……

I have all the Punisher Armory issues, but its been years since I've read any of them. I do know that at least some of the Punisher Annuals had some Armory pages. Some of these were originals that were then reprinted/included in the Armory issues, and some (I think) were originals from the Armory issues and reprinted as singles in the Annuals. One of these days I intend to go through them all and figure it out.

Also, I like the Youtuber idea. :lol:
-Daron Jensen