MSM2 32, Tony Stark and early Carol Danvers chronology

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

MSM2 32, Tony Stark and early Carol Danvers chronology

Post by Midnighter »

I don't see MSM2 32 in Tony Stark's timeline. Also I see that it is indicated as FB in that of Carol Danvers and Ghazi Rashid, but in reality the whole issue is set in the past, without flashbacks (the story would then continue in the flashbacks of the subsequent issues).

But now I see another problem: in Carol Danvers' chronology the whole affair with Ghazi that leads her to enter intelligence is positioned before BFF: BGRIMM & L, but in MSM2 32 Carol makes an allusion to Tony Stark insinuating that it could be him Iron Man, so for sure it should take place after TOS 39 at least. I would think that for a time Carol served both in the air force and in the secret services, and then she went full time in intelligence only after the mishap with Ghazi.
On the other hand, in Marvel 75th Anniversary Special, it is seen that Carol is still in aviation when the Fantastic Four rocket takes off.
Is it appropriate to review all of Carol's chronology of the period?
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: MSM2 32, Tony Stark and early Carol Danvers chronology

Post by Midnighter »

Ok, I saw that in the Tony Stark chronology there is MSM2 31-FB, and it must be an error, to be replaced with MSM2 32 (because the issue in question does not present flashbacks, but is entirely set in the past).

Seeing the various dependencies in the timeline of Carol Danvers (Logan: Shadow Society, Wolverine -1 and Before The Fantastic Four: Ben Grimm & Logan) there is no other alternative but to ignore Carol's joke on Iron Man, thus placing MSM2 32 and MSM2 33-FB before Fantastic Four 1 and consequently before TOS 39.

Regarding the sequence in the 75th anniversary specal, we must think that Carol flew despite being already in Intelligence.

Consequently, with regard to this question, the only correction must be made for Tony Stark:

IRON MAN/ANTHONY EDWARD "TONY" STARK
[...]
IM:IA 1 (6:3 - 7:1)-FB-OP
AOI:RIM (7:2 - 9:5)-FB
IM:IA 1 (9)-FB
MSM2 31-FB <--- CHANGE IN MSM2 32
BFF:BGRIMM&L 1
BFF:BGRIMM&L 2
IM:IA 1 (10:1 - 11:2)-FB
[...]
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

L:SS vs. W2 -1 and BFF:BGRIMM&L

Post by Midnighter »

I guess it's not that simple, but why not move Logan: Shadow Society after Ben Grimm & Logan?

Logan meets Carol Danvers for the first time in Wolverine -1, and in that story he also briefly meets Ben Grimm who does not recognize him. In BFF: BGRIMM & L is on a mission together with Ben Grimm and already knows Carol Danvers, and the story clearly follows W2 -1 (they come across Black Widow again).

In Logan: Shadow Society, however, Carol and Logan already know each other. Logan doesn't use his claws, but we know that after the Weapon X project he remained employed by the Canadian secret services (and Romulus). The fact that you don't use them doesn't mean you don't already have them adamantium, maybe you want to keep it secret while in the United States. Also in BFF: BGRIMM & L never uses claws.

What have I not noticed that prevents L: SS from placing after the other two stories?
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: L:SS vs. W2 -1 and BFF:BGRIMM&L

Post by StrayLamb »

I think that works. L:SS is presumably placed before Weapon X as he tells Carol he's heading to the Yukon at the end of the story. The Weapon X facility is supposed to be in Alberta according to Weapon X 25 (Aug 2004), and presumably Logan would have passed thru Alberta on his way to the Yukon, and that's the implication, but if we drop that assumption, L:SS actually fits quite well after BFF:BGRIMM&L 1-3.

[Edit:] Having said that, the History of the Marvel Universe 2 specifically says that Logan: Shadow Society goes immediately before Weapon X.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

StrayLamb wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:43 pm [Edit:] Having said that, the History of the Marvel Universe 2 specifically says that Logan: Shadow Society goes immediately before Weapon X.
I can't find the reference. Is it "Leaving government service after accidentally shooting a fellow a fellow agent"? I can't relate what it's referring to.
I have not seen any other references in story or in the appendix.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Midnighter wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:19 amI can't find the reference. Is it "Leaving government service after accidentally shooting a fellow a fellow agent"? I can't relate what it's referring to.
Yes, that's the statement i was referring to. I took it as referring to the episode at the beginning of Logan: Shadow Society, but that's not how it happened. Also, Galactus is narrating a story, not compiling a chronicle, so i'm not sure we need to take everything written in History of the Marvel Universe as occuring strictly in the narrative order anyway.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

StrayLamb wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 pm
Midnighter wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:19 amI can't find the reference. Is it "Leaving government service after accidentally shooting a fellow a fellow agent"? I can't relate what it's referring to.
Yes, that's the statement i was referring to. I took it as referring to the episode at the beginning of Logan: Shadow Society, but that's not how it happened. Also, Galactus is narrating a story, not compiling a chronicle, so i'm not sure we need to take everything written in History of the Marvel Universe as occurring strictly in the narrative order anyway.
From my understanding, Logan: Shadow Society made Logan realize he was a mutant. That knowledge made him confused and angered and reckless, resulting in him accidentally shooting another agent by accident during a training session. He was put on leave, and decided to go to the Yukon. The details were from a series of notes in Marvel Comics Presents #72. More info here: https://www.oocities.org/ratmmjess/byrd.html