Indestructible Hulk 13

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Indestructible Hulk 13

Post by Russ Chappell »

Where do want to place this for King Arthur, Black Knight, and Merlin? Arthur mentions that Gawain, Kay & Tristan were killed in flashback prior to this story, but maybe they...got better?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Indestructible Hulk 13

Post by wolframbane »

The Arthurian story in the MU tends to follow the story from Malory's Mort D'Arthur. Gawain, Kay and Tristan were slain, but was this one of those tales where history gets messed up but then everything is put right at the end? Because in the next issue, Hulk interferes with the Apollo moon landing, which did not happen in the MU otherwise.

Kay was Arthur's older adopted brother and has been with the Knights of the Round Table (KOTR) since the beginning. He was still around in 539 AD, when the Thunderbolts traveled back in time in Thunderbolts #168-169. This was during the Quest for the Holy Grail, which was followed by Lancelots betrayal of Arthur and subsequent Arthur-Lancelot war, when Gawain was slain. This event was followed by Mordred's betrayal and the fall of Camelot around 542 AD. Tristam himself was slain by King Mark shortly after the Quest for the Grail but before Lancelot's betrayal. So during and after the Grail Quest was the last time all three were alive.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

wolframbane wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:38 pm The Arthurian story in the MU tends to follow the story from Malory's Mort D'Arthur. Gawain, Kay and Tristan were slain, but was this one of those tales where history gets messed up but then everything is put right at the end? Because in the next issue, Hulk interferes with the Apollo moon landing, which did not happen in the MU otherwise.
Well, all of this was during the whole "time is broken" thing, so I'm not sure the normal rules apply.
Kay was Arthur's older adopted brother and has been with the Knights of the Round Table (KOTR) since the beginning. He was still around in 539 AD, when the Thunderbolts traveled back in time in Thunderbolts #168-169. This was during the Quest for the Holy Grail, which was followed by Lancelots betrayal of Arthur and subsequent Arthur-Lancelot war, when Gawain was slain. This event was followed by Mordred's betrayal and the fall of Camelot around 542 AD. Tristam himself was slain by King Mark shortly after the Quest for the Grail but before Lancelot's betrayal. So during and after the Grail Quest was the last time all three were alive.
Soooo...after Thunderbolts 169?

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Russ Chappell wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm Soooo...after Thunderbolts 169?
Assuming all three are restored to life when time is fixed, as Tristam was the first to die normally (between the Grail Quest and Lancelot's betrayal), anytime before Lancelot's betrayal would work, so anytime before before Spider-Woman #41-FB, But it could easily be as far back as Black Knight #1 (1955), when Sir Percy became Black Knight, and Arthur, Merlin, Tristam, Kay and Gawain would all be active.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

If it helps, here is a concise chronological breakdown of the Sequence of events for Le Morte D'Arthur. The actual dates are debatable depending upon the source, but the order is sound.
http://www.lugodoc.guru/MYTH/Arthur/Malwhen.htm
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

I can't find anything in the story that confirms their lives are restored, but I have no problem assuming that to be the case. Any story published later that explicitly takes place after this would be confirmed as life-restoring, because, well, there they are.

After TB 169, it is. Thanks!