SAVSCO 213/2

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

SAVSCO 213/2

Post by wolverine7230 »

This one's a quick one. The story isn't listed in Roy's chronology, and I agree with Col_Fury's general placement around SAVSCO 77, but I would place this before SAVSCO 77 rather than after. While it's unclear which Zamorian excursion of Conan's this takes place in, I'm drawn to agree with a later placement as Conan here seems to be both a confident and aptly skilled thief. With the location only being named as "a city in Zamora", the options are only really Arenjun and Shadizar, and for both of these the placement would ideally be before SAVSCO 77, from which Conan leaves Shadizar, and by COB 13 is in Yezud, in the far north of Zamora. If the city were Shadizar, then 213/2 should be placed before 77, where he leaves that city. If the city were Arenjun, it should be placed before 77 as Arenjun is located to the south of Shadizar, and maintains a south-north journey for Conan.

A note on Conan's general chronology around this time: it is certainly tempting to combine Conan's two trips to Zamora around this time into one, which would be easily feasible. However, Roy's chronology tells us Conan returns to Zamora, detours into Ophir, heads to Zamora again, and then returns down to Ophir/Koth. Even though I've been making quite big changes to Roy's chronology in terms of corrections, I still think it's important to try and maintain as much of Roy's original chronological intentions intact where possible, which is something I'm trying to do as much as I can, while building what amounts to a (mostly) objective chronology.
wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: SAVSCO 213/2

Post by wolverine7230 »

wolverine7230 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:09 pm A note on Conan's general chronology around this time: it is certainly tempting to combine Conan's two trips to Zamora around this time into one, which would be easily feasible. However, Roy's chronology tells us Conan returns to Zamora, detours into Ophir, heads to Zamora again, and then returns down to Ophir/Koth. Even though I've been making quite big changes to Roy's chronology in terms of corrections, I still think it's important to try and maintain as much of Roy's original chronological intentions intact where possible, which is something I'm trying to do as much as I can, while building what amounts to a (mostly) objective chronology.
This having been said, in COB:DCIG 1, Conan is described as "a thief, lately of Zamora and Corinthia", which would lean more towards combining those two trips to Zamora. I'm certainly interested to hear people's opinions on this.