Undefined term in Key (AU)

All the text on one page suddenly showing up bold? Bad links? Titles missing from the Key? Let us know here.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lkseitz
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Undefined term in Key (AU)

Post by lkseitz »

Not a bug, per se, but something lacking explanation. I see several titles in the Key that end in "AU" (e.g. FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 4 5AU). I think they're mostly from around 2013. But I can't find anywhere that tells me what "AU" stands for. A little help? And maybe add a definition to the Key?
Lee K. Seitz
Slowly adding insignificant characters to the MCP
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Undefined term in Key (AU)

Post by Midnighter »

lkseitz wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:07 am Not a bug, per se, but something lacking explanation. I see several titles in the Key that end in "AU" (e.g. FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 4 5AU). I think they're mostly from around 2013. But I can't find anywhere that tells me what "AU" stands for. A little help? And maybe add a definition to the Key?
They are some special issues. AU is an acronym for "Age of Ultron", and some series had got extra issues for the crossover (like Fantastic Four, with issue 5 followed by issue 5.AU and then issue 6), and some simply add AU to the normal issues (like Avengers Assemble, that had issue 13, then issues 14.AU and 15.AU and then issue 16).
You'll find similar issues for Inhumanity (.INH) Monster Unleashed (.MU) and more
lkseitz
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by lkseitz »

Thanks!

So, are .AU and .INH part of how the issue numbers are shown on the cover or in the indica? I'm asking because those names have different abbreviations in the key -- AOU for Age of Ultron and IHY for Inhumanity -- hence my inability to figure out what AU was.
Lee K. Seitz
Slowly adding insignificant characters to the MCP
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

lkseitz wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:00 am Thanks!

So, are .AU and .INH part of how the issue numbers are shown on the cover or in the indica?
Yep, on/in both.
-Daron Jensen