World War Hulks: Spider-Man vs Thor /2-FB's

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

World War Hulks: Spider-Man vs Thor /2-FB's

Post by Jason Doty »

World War Hulks: Spider-Man Vs. Thor FB's in the second story are placed to far back. They appear on pages (4 - 8) of both #1/2 and 2/2.

The FB story takes place over a week or so, and continue right after each other. They all should take place before issue 4, when the students are new to the school. Scott, makes Bobby look bad, so he starts pranking him until he and Scott get into a fight. Professor X lets Scott know he is disappointed in him. Scott tries to let Bobby tag along with him while he goes on several dates with Jean (a diner, miniature golf, a movie, a carnival, and the pool. Bobby feels left out and calls his dad wanting to come home. Scott overhears and realizes he needs to be a better friend to Bobby.

By around UX 39, Bobby is dating Zelda, about 18, and everyone are very good friends. Not to mention, Jean is in College by this point. As far as Scott and Jean going out. in Strange Tales 120, Bobby tells the Professor that he would like to take Jean out but Scott and Warren, keep beating him to it.

I think both FB's should be back to back between UX 1 and 2, not over the course of years.

UX 1
WWHS:SMV.T 1/2 (4 - 8)-FB
WWHS:SMV.T 2/2 (4 - 8)-FB
UX 2
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: World War Hulks: Spider-Man vs Thor /2-FB's

Post by Col_Fury »

The placements for these -FBs were provided by the Uncanny X-Men Index TPB. I don't recall the reasoning as to why they were spread out; I'd have to dig out the comics and re-read them to see if I could refresh my memory.
-Daron Jensen
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

Jason makes good points and there are visual clues that support his reading.
For instance, Scott is dressed the same throughout, implying a short period. Bobby is in his snowy form in WWHS:SMV.T 2/2. It implies this occurs before X 8, although a case could be made that he's transitioning to the icy form in that panel.

In addition, Cyclops and Iceman did not start in X 1, they were actually the first two X-Men before Angel, Beast and Marvel Girl joined. Iceman's pranks can be interpreted as Bobby being resentful (or even jealous if he's a closeted or unknowing gay as retconned in the past decade) for feeling left out by Scott in favor of the newer arrivals. In any case, this feeling of being left out should indeed occur before he starts going on double dates with Hank, Zelda and Vera.

The only elements that would need to be looked closely at to see if it can all occur between X 1 & 2 are:
1. The development of Bobby's powers. Are his prank feats consistent with his growing mastery?
2. The development of Scott and Jean's romance. Did they go steady so early on?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

2. The development of Scott and Jean's romance. Did they go steady so early on?
Their outings, don't imply exclusivity, just multiple dates.