DS2 59 and T 332

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

michel
Director
Director

DS2 59 and T 332

Post by michel »

DS2 59 (8 - 12:2)-FB is missing: not long after he's been turned into a vampire, Hannibal King meets Douglas Royce and they fight the Children of the Night

KING, HANNIBAL/"HENRY KAGLE"
BLD5 8-FB
DS2 59-FB <-- ADD
{TOD 25}

There's a problem in the plot: Hannibal King says he was investigating the death of Rachel Van Helsing in England when he received an urgent cable from Douglas Royce. Before King could get back, Royce was dead. He's killed in DS2 38, and Rachel Van Helsing dies in X@ 6. The problem is that DS2 38 is before X 135 for Dr. Strange, so at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga, while we're way after it in X@ 6, placed after UX 167.

DS2 59 and T 332 are more intertwined

DRACULA/VLAD TEPES
M/S&L 1/2
T 332 ~ DS2 59 --> CHANGE TO T 332 (7:2 - 7:6:3) ~ DS2 59 (5)
DS2 59 (6:1) <-- ADD
T 332 (7:6:4) <-- ADD
DS2 59 (6:2) <-- ADD
T 332 (7:7) <-- ADD
DS2 59 (6:3 - 22) <-- ADD
T 332 (8 - 22) <-- ADD

T 333
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: DS2 59 and T 332

Post by Michael »

Re: King's remarks about investigating Rachel's death- I always assume that Stern was hinting that Dracula killed Rachel in the first two pages of X-Men Annual 6 a considerable time before the rest of the story in X-Men Annual 6. Page 3 of X-Men Annual 6 takes place "sometime later"- it would have to be at least three nights later, since Rachel is now a vampire. That might not be possible in Dracula's chronology. The alternative is that, hilariously, Royce's urgent cable warning King of the Darkholders got misplaced somehow and only made it to King several weeks after Royce sent it.
Re:the flashback. I think it's supposed to take place relatively shortly before Doctor Strange 38,not shortly after King became a vampire, since in Doctor Strange 38, the Children of the Night say that they've been looking for Royce "these past months". I would place it in between TOD 53 and DS2 58.
michel
Director
Director

Re: DS2 59 and T 332

Post by michel »

Michael wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:00 pm Re: King's remarks about investigating Rachel's death- I always assume that Stern was hinting that Dracula killed Rachel in the first two pages of X-Men Annual 6 a considerable time before the rest of the story in X-Men Annual 6. Page 3 of X-Men Annual 6 takes place "sometime later"- it would have to be at least three nights later, since Rachel is now a vampire. That might not be possible in Dracula's chronology. The alternative is that, hilariously, Royce's urgent cable warning King of the Darkholders got misplaced somehow and only made it to King several weeks after Royce sent it.
That's a smart idea! It places X@ 6 (1 - 2) before DEF 95 for Dracula, in which he still wears his classical costume, but I'm for it.
Michael wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:00 pm Re:the flashback. I think it's supposed to take place relatively shortly before Doctor Strange 38,not shortly after King became a vampire, since in Doctor Strange 38, the Children of the Night say that they've been looking for Royce "these past months". I would place it in between TOD 53 and DS2 58.
I followed this Drake's quote: "After lying on a morgue slab for three days, I got up and went back to work. Of course I had to limit most of my investigations to the nighttime. A restriction like that can cut into your caseload. You have to keep jumping to pay the rent. That's how I wound up in Wisconsin, investigating cattle mutilations."