Big Bad
Big Bad

HTC 2/2 - Folma's appearance

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

FOLMA, LT.
M/MC 15/2
HTC 2/2 --> HTC 2/2-BTS
HTC 3

Folma's appearance in HTC 2/2 is behind the scene at best. The only Atlantean actually seen in this story is Namor. We cannot assume Folma is inside one of the Aero-Subs, but the fact that Namor mentions that he "hopes Folma's got the fleet organized" is enough to justify a BTS appearance.
RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: HTC 2/2 - Folma's appearance

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

RobinHoodMtl wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:55 am FOLMA, LT.
M/MC 15/2
HTC 2/2 --> HTC 2/2-BTS
HTC 3

Folma's appearance in HTC 2/2 is behind the scene at best. The only Atlantean actually seen in this story is Namor. We cannot assume Folma is inside one of the Aero-Subs, but the fact that Namor mentions that he "hopes Folma's got the fleet organized" is enough to justify a BTS appearance.
FOLMA, LT.
M/MC 15/2
HTC 2/2 --> HTC 2/2-BTS
HTC 3 --> HTC 3/2
SUBC 5

There is also an error on his appearance in HTC 3, which is the Human Torch story. I'm not sure if it should be HTC 3/2 or HTC 3/3 since the second story is Part 2 of the "Toro's Parents -- Alive?" story. I'm not sure how MCP deals with numbering when a story is split in several parts, but I assume both parts can be considered as a single story.

I believe this situation is due to the fact that the Human Torch story is concluded in the Sub-Mariner feature story, but I don't think that should be a reason to combine both. It should be split, the same way it was done in M/MC 8 and M/MC 8/2 for the Human Torch vs Namor story. I believe the editors clearly intended to present two separate features in the HTC series.

That same situation also goes for the following characters:
SUB-MARINER/NAMOR MACKENZIE
PRENTISS, LT. BETTY DEAN
THAKORR
ROOSEVELT, FRANKLIN DELANO

As for HUMAN TORCH/JIM HAMMOND and TORO/TOM RAYMOND, HTC 3/2 should be added after HTC 3 since they are guest stars in the Subby feature story.