COC -> COC3 ?

All the text on one page suddenly showing up bold? Bad links? Titles missing from the Key? Let us know here.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

COC -> COC3 ?

Post by Leoparis »

In the key:
COC is 2015-2016
COCII is 1999

The original COC is 1982, in the key as M/S-HCOC.

Maybe the 2015-2016 series should be COC3, for clarity.
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: COC -> COC3 ?

Post by Clive_Reston »

On the same principle of clarity-over-strict-consistency: maybe M/S-HSECWARS, SECWARSII and then SECWARS3 rather than SECWARS for the 2015 series?

Likewise, for the 2016 Ultimates² series, ULTSSQ would probably be clearer than ULTS², since there was already an ULTS2.

An even knottier question: I note that the key still doesn't have codes for X-Men Forever (2009) and its Annual and Giant-Size one-shots, or for X-Men Forever 2 (2010). Again, for clarity over consistency: how about XFVRII, XFVRII@, XFVRIIGS and XFVRII2?
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

Along the same lines, it appears that there will soon be a miniseries called Venom: Lethal Protector II... as opposed to Venom: Lethal Protector (1993) and Venom: Lethal Protector (2022). Uh... maybe V:LP, V:LP2A and V:LPIIB? There has to be a neater and clearer solution...
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Clive_Reston wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:26 am On the same principle of clarity-over-strict-consistency: maybe M/S-HSECWARS, SECWARSII and then SECWARS3 rather than SECWARS for the 2015 series?
You can blame the confusion on Marvel. We're just trying to accurately reflect what Marvel says.
Likewise, for the 2016 Ultimates² series, ULTSSQ would probably be clearer than ULTS², since there was already an ULTS2.
Yeah, I can get behind this one. It's almost impossible to search for ULTS².
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe