Fury vol 3

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Fury vol 3

Post by Midnighter »

In the special FURY one-shot released this week to celebrate Nicky Fury's 60th birthday, there are quite a few interesting things.

First, we see Nick Fury active with S.H.I.E.L.D. in 1968 (before the moon landing, but while the various Apollo missions were underway), along with Dum Dum Dugan and Jason Sitwell, Jasper Sitwell's grandfather (Collin, Jason's son who would later be Jasper's father, is mentioned).
And we see that a Scorpio is active in those years.... Jake Fury LMD, I think.

Then there is a mission of Nick Fury and Red Hargrove during 1940, when they are both still freelancing (after their adventure in Marvels Project). This is the first meeting between Nick and Izzy Cohen, but more importantly, it is revealed that the British spy Nick and Red met in Holland in SGTF 34 (when they also first met Dugan) was Ron Wolverstone-Clodd of the Sky Devils, who incidentally dies here after telling them that his teammates K-4 also died (shot after being arrested as a spy) some time before.
Al Ewing's intention, I believe, is to indicate that from 1940 to 1968 (i.e., between the two flashback stories) the Zodiac Key, had disappeared on the Moon.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Fury vol 3

Post by Leoparis »

Al Ewing keeps developing the new canonic stance that early SHIELD stories took place in the 1960s and makes it explicit here that the 1960s Sitwell was a forefather of Jasper Sitwell.

I formulated that idea in my 2019-2020 posts but it was generally met with obliviousness (and in one instance with hostility). Yet I know of at least three people who think along similar lines as I do. Will that be enough to shift the status quo at the MCP and reassess my earlier posts?

This is a list of relevant posts dealing with SHIELD before contemporary Aug 1965 Marvel stories.
Actual 1960s
Secret Warriors 25 & 26 flashbacks to the roots of SHIELD
Fury (1994) 1 and Rick Stoner
Working out SHIELD history since the 60s
Fury S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary (2015)
SHIELD (2015) 9 flashbacks to the sixties
Agent Carter: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary
Winter Soldier: the Bitter March #1-5
Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos Annual 3 (1967)
Strange Tales v3 Nick Fury
Captain America (2013) 13 SHIELD Cold War flashback
Actual 1970s
Immortal Weapons 1 SHIELD Cold War flashback
Nick Fury in Marvel: The Lost Generation 9-10 & Note on Winter Soldier 15
Incredible Hulk (Vol 3) 88-91 SHIELD Cold War flashbacks
Pre-Marvel era
SHIELD characters from 1980s to start of Marvel era
Iron Man: The Secret Origin of Tony Stark
Marvel 1960s
XFOR 8-FB
SHIELD characters in early Marvel era