Daredevil in SM/HT 3

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Daredevil in SM/HT 3

Post by intp »

I've been reading the Daredevil Masterworks when I noticed Daredevil is listed as appearing in Spider-Man/Human Torch # 3 between Dd 112-113. So I looked at Sm/Ht 3 and saw that Daredevil appears in one panel on page 12 on a news report listed as "Live," where it states that Daredevil has apprehended the Stilt-Man, with an image of Daredevil kicking Stilt-Man. The problem is that occurred in Dd 102. Dd 112-113 involve Nekra, Mandrill, and Gladiator. Is this just a sort of 'typo,' with Dd supposed to appear between Dd 102-103, in Sm/Ht 3, or is there something I'm not seeing?

Human Torch is listed as appearing after various issues including Ff 149, Gssm 1, M/tu 23, and Gsff 2, and before M/tu 26, A 127, Ff 150. Daredevil has no appearances in any of those issues.

Spider-Man is listed as appearing between Gssm 1 and Asm 134, which is reasonable enough as Spidey on the first page talks about recently dealing with stopping Aunt May from marrying Doc Ock (that would be Asm 131). Spidey does have a team-up with Daredevil in M/tu 25, but that is listed between Asm 135 and Gssm 2, so that appears to present no issue at first glance.

However, M/tu 25, where Daredevil does appear, is placed between Dd 112-113 (and after Sm/Ht 3) and occurs while Daredevil is in New York with district attorney Foggy Nelson, and he didn't go to New York (from San Francisco) until Dd 108, after hearing Foggy had been shot. Spidey is listed in M/tu 25 some time between Asm 135-136. Is this the reason? I suppose the 'live' report could be about delayed news with a taped shot of Daredevil and Stilt-Man.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: Daredevil in SM/HT 3

Post by StrayLamb »

The MCP has DD 109 (15 - 19) > DD@5 1 > SM/HT 3 > M/TIO 3 > DD 110 for Daredevil.

This is not the same battle with Stilt-Man shown in DD 102, which took place in San Francisco, but actually takes place sometime later in New York City.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Daredevil in SM/HT 3

Post by intp »

Huh, I could have sworn I saw it after Dd 112, but I just checked and it's after Dd 109 and oddly before M/tio 3, even though the latter story seems to occur shortly after Dd 109 (he's recovering from a battle with Beetle at the end of Dd 109 after initially encountering agents of Black Spectre, then swinging around near the Baxter Building at the beginning of M/tio 3).

Personally. I think it makes more sense after Dd 112 and before M/tu 25 and Dd 113, as there's a clear break between stories after Dd 112, which finishes the Mandrill-Nekra-Black Spectre story arc. I think placing it after or near the end of Dd 102 would create too many problems with Spidey's appearances, but it seems odd in any event that Stilt-Man would so quickly on the loose again and all the way in New York a fairly short time after his defeat in Dd 102.