DARK WEB

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

DotStinks
Henchman
Henchman

DARK WEB

Post by DotStinks »

I've managed to rough up this chronology for the event. The placements I'm unsure of are the X-Men issues and Venom for Synch. I've added some notes to clarify some placements.

Dark Web also extrapolates the End of Spider-Verse arc in Spider-Man 1-7 as between ASM 10 & 11, since Miles Morales' new suit is used in that arc and by Dark Web he has returned to using his classic costume. The main events occur on December 13, the late Harry Osborn's birthday. Updated on September 17 to include Antonio's changes.

Prelude (early December, probably)
Amazing Spider-Man 14 (24 - 30) [Winter, Gus (debt collector) dies]
Amazing Spider-Man 11-13 [Peter notices Gus is missing]
Gold Goblin 1
Venom 13

December 13
Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (4 - 6)-FB [Two hours earlier...]
Dark Web: X-Men 2 (1)-FB
Dark Web 1 (1 - 12)
Venom 14 (1 - 4)-FB
Dark Web 1 (13 - 18)
Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (2 - 3)
Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 2 (1 - 2)-FB [Two hours ago...]
Dark Web: X-Men 1 (1 - 2)
Dark Web 1 (19 - 22)
Dark Web: X-Men 1 (3 - 13) [Spider-Man, Firestar, and Iceman save the Christmas tree]
Dark Web 1 (23 - 30) [Chasm attacks Norman Osborn]
Dark Web: X-Men 1 (14 - 16) [Spider-Man leaves to check up on Norman]
Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (7 - 17)
Amazing Spider-Man 15 (1 - 10)
Amazing Spider-Man 15 (11 - 12) ~ Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (18 - 19) [Ms. Marvel is sent to Limbo]
Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (20)
Amazing Spider-Man 15 (13 - 20)
Amazing Spider-Man 16 [Spider-Man is sent to Limbo]
Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 2 (3 - 20) [Miles in classic costume, Ms. Marvel escapes]
Venom 15 (11 - 15)-FB
Gold Goblin 2
Amazing Spider-Man 17 (1 - 6)
Venom 14 (5 - 20) [After ASM 15]
Venom 15 (1 - 10, 16 - 20) [Spidey has already disappeared]
Venom 16 (1 - 6)
Dark Web: X-Men 1 (17 - 20) [X-Men are in Limbo]
Dark Web: X-Men 2 (2 - 3)
Dark Web: X-Men 3 (1 - 3)
Amazing Spider-Man 17 (7 - 14)
Dark Web: X-Men 2 (4 - 20)
Dark Web: X-Men 3 (4 - 20)
Gold Goblin 3
Mary Jane & Black Cat 1-5 [Must be after Dark Web: X-Men 3]
Amazing Spider-Man 17 (15 - 20)
Amazing Spider-Man 18
Dark Web: Finale (1 - 6)
Venom 16 (7 - 20) [Ben is now King Chasm]
Dark Web: Finale (7 - 26)

Spring
Dark Web: Finale (27 - 30)
Last edited by DotStinks on Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
~ Dot
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: DARK WEB

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

Hey, DotStinks. As fate would have it, I happen to currently be working on a timeline for Dark Web as well, although I’m not finished yet, more like halfway through it.
Since posting my own listing would only confuse people and it would make me look like I’m trying to steal your thunder, I’m just going to point out the spots where our listings don’t match and you can correct what you already have here.

Just to start and at a quick glance:

Venom 14 (1- 4)-FB Chasm erases Venom’s memories in Madelyne Pryor’s Limbo throne room and Eddie asks who Dylan (his son) is. This happens right after pages 11 and 12 of Dark Web 1, where the Goblin Queen and Chasm get to her throne room to greet Venom and he is still aware of who his son is, then she says they’ll help him lighten his mind’s weight before Chasm closes the doors.

Dark Web: Ms. Marvel (4 - 7)-FB [The Inventor, Ms. Marvel's old enemy, returns] Only pages 4 to 6 are a flashback; other than the first caption on it, page 7 is already the ‘now’ segment. The Inventor doesn’t actually appear in these flashback pages, which happen ‘2 hours’ before the Inventor is reanimated.

There’s quite a lot more but it’s past midnight for me, so, I’ll continue tomorrow.
DotStinks
Henchman
Henchman

Post by DotStinks »

Thanks! I have grouped the Ms. Marvel scenes together.
~ Dot
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

Also, not that it matters for any character appearing in it, but since the scene is two hours before the Inventor gets reanimated, I have Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (4 - 6)-FB happening before Dark Web 1 (1 - 12), which seem to me more of a continuous segment; in Dark Web 1 pages 1 to 6 Ben wakes up from a nap where he is having nightmares and Madelyne, seeing he is energized by his pain which she’ll use for her magic, decides it is time to gets things going, then shortly after in pages 11 and 12 they are heading to her throne room to meet Venom. I would place Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (4 - 6)-FB before Dark Web: X-Men 2 (1)-FB as well, where she wakes up from her own nap.

The Inventor gets reanimated as a consequence of Madelyne Pryor playing the heavy notes on her Limbo organ which make inanimate objects get possessed by her demons. So, Dark Web: Ms. Marvel 1 (1 - 3) happens right after Dark Web 1 (13 - 18) where she first starts playing the heavy notes. I guess it’s a matter of interpretation but I have page 1 of this segment happening alongside pages 2 and 3. When I first read it, I took page 1 as being the last recorded moments of the Inventor being replayed upon just being reanimated, which he does in pages 2 and 3.
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

No need to thank me, DotStinks.

I just realized that it might save me some time to just share with you my listing of what I have so far and my reasoning for it through a private message, and then after you make any adjustments I can keep suggesting changes for anything that I haven’t gone through yet. Let me know if that’s ok with you.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Antonio Gaviño wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:10 amI just realized that it might save me some time to just share with you my listing of what I have so far and my reasoning for it through a private message, and then after you make any adjustments I can keep suggesting changes for anything that I haven’t gone through yet. Let me know if that’s ok with you.
Keep placing them here, Antonio, then we can all see the work-outs.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

I was kinda waiting for DoorStinks to update the listing with the notes I shared with him but I guess he must have been busy with something else. Here’s what I gave him. Shortly, I’ll post anything else I have so far.

MsM DW 1 (4-6)-FB ‘Two hours’ before MsM DW 1 (1-3), Nakia and Miss Marvel leave Jersey mosque, take the ferry to New York.
XM DW 2 (1)-FB Madelyne Pryor, sitting on her Limbo throne, wakes up from a bad dream.
DWEB 1 (1-12) Ben wakes up from a nap where he is having nightmares and Madelyne, seeing he is energized by his pain, which she’ll use for her magic, decides it’s time to gets things going. ‘December 13th’, Harry Osborn’s birthday commemorated at the Coffee Bean; in Limbo the Goblin Queen and Chasm get to her throne room to greet Venom (Eddie Brock), she says they’ll help him ‘lighten his mind’s weight’.
V5 14 (1-4)-FB Immediately after DW 1 (1-12), in Madelyne’s throne room Chasm erases some of Eddie’s memories.
DWEB 1 (13-18) Walking in Manhattan, X-Men group gets split up by the crowd as Illyana sees an elf decoration come momentarily to life, while in Limbo the Goblin Queen starts playing an organ and chanting, priming her demon subjects for incursion into New York; Peter Parker leaves the Coffee Bean and senses in his head the heavy organ notes Madelyne just started playing. Scott, Illyana and Jean also first hear it, somewhere else a carriage grows teeth and tries to eat its passengers.
MsM DW 1 (1-3) Demonic energies unleashed by Goblin Queen reactivate microchip in the Inventor's brain and revive him in a Jersey landfill, his last recorded seconds before perishing replayed, Madelyne keeps playing heavy notes on Limbo’s organ, now sitting; in Jersey demon possessed construction equipment attack workers but the Inventor suggests to the sentient equipment they work for his goals instead.
MsM DW 2 (1-2)-FB ‘Two hours’ before MsM DW 2 (3-20), after being found, Gregory Knox explains to the Inventor how he was just revived; before getting killed by the Inventor, Knox reveals he is not the only one of his kind he created.
XM DW 1 (1-2) Illyana suspects Madelyne is behind the evil magical organ sound they heard earlier and disturbances over the city, but affirms Maddie has changed and it shouldn’t be so bad.
DWEB 1 (19-22) Peter changes to Spider-Man and rushes to Rockefeller Center where he sees the X-Men engaging demons and life animated objects, Cyclops without his mask on, Illyana reiterates ‘I’m telling you, she’s changed’ but realizes maybe not so much.
XM DW 1 (3-13) Jean calls the X-Men to gather, Cyclops puts his mask on under his visor. Synch reports to Forge no activity at the X-Men treehouse. X-Men decide to go to Limbo, Firestar and Iceman remain in New York and battle a come to life giant Christmas tree with Spider-Man’s help. In Limbo, sleep demons sent by Madelyne put the X-Men to sleep.
DWEB 1 (23-30) Goblin Queen and Hallow’s Eve arrive in New York through a portal from Limbo, wait for Eddie. Chasm attacks Norman Osborn at his Oscorp office, reveals he tampered with Gold Goblin’s gear (as hinted at in Gold Goblin 1). Venom in New York through portal.
XM DW 1 (14-16) Firestar, Iceman and Spider-Man defeat giant tree, Peter gets distress call from Norman Osborn.
MsM DW 1 (7-15) Already at Oscorp labs, Kamala and her co-worker are suddenly attacked by animated artifacts.
ASM 15 (1-10) Spider-Man arrives at Oscorp’s front door, finds Chasm with the Gold Goblin defeated at his feet, learns Ben is behind chaos in the city, then is attacked by Venom.
MsM DW 1 (16-18) Ms. Marvel gets to Oscorp’s front door, notices Chasm while the Inventors decide not to attack her yet.
ASM 15 (11:1-11:3) Chasm reviews items he’ll use to magically send people to Limbo.
MsM DW 1 (19:1-19:4) ~ ASM 15 (11:4-12:5) While the captions are the same on these segments the scenes aren’t exactly the same. For those interested, this is how the scenes unfold (Note that I’m using the symbol | to separate each set of scenes with the same captions but different scenes, the scenes listed first happen, of course, chronologically first. E.g. |Scene A happens before ~ Scene B|).
|MsM DW 1 (19:1) Ms. Marvel yells to get Chasm’s attention.
~ ASM 15 (11:4-11:5)| Ms. Marvel clenches fist asking him if he beat up her boss then realizes her secret identity is at risk.
|ASM 15 (12:1) Chasm asks her if she knows Peter Parker.
~ MsM DW 1 (19:2)| Chasm opens tome of Balakan and starts reading magic spell, Khamala’s fist approaching his face.
|MsM DW 1 (19:3) Ms. Marvel jumps towards Chasm, is stopped knee first by magic field.
~ ASM 15 (12:2)| Khamala’s hands touch the magic field.
|MsM DW 1 (19:4) Ms. Marvel hits magic field as Chasm keeps reading magic spell.
~ ASM 15 (12:3-12:5)| Chasm wonders if he is saying the spell right, turning his back to Khamala then she is swallowed by dimensional hole.
MsM DW 1 (19:5) Ms. Marvel screams falling through dimensional hole.
ASM 15 (12:6) Chasm wonders who is next.
MsM DW 1 (20) Ms. Marvel now in Limbo.
ASM 15 (13-20) Chasm shows up in Jonah’s office, Spider-Man defeats Venom, Goblin Queen and Hallow’s Eve show up to take Venom, Chasm gets back to face Spider-Man.
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

Just edited the list to add new material I have completed checking, starting with MsM DW 1 (7-15).