Kraven the Hunter in ASM 48

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

Kraven the Hunter in ASM 48

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

Although Kraven does appear on TV in ASM 48 (8-4), this appearance cannot qualify as a flashback. Official Index for Spider-Man, lists Kraven's appearance as "bts & in photo on TV." Besides being a photo (therefore cannot be listed), nothing in this image can give any reference to a specific time frame. I recommend the following adjustment to his listing:

KRAVEN/SERGEI KRAVINOFF
MARVELS 3
ASM 34 (8:4 - 20)
ASM 47
ASM 48-FB <-- DELETE
ASM 48-BTS
ASM 49
X&SM 1
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kraven the Hunter in ASM 48

Post by Russ Chappell »

RobinHoodMtl wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:27 pm Besides being a photo (therefore cannot be listed),
Where does this come from?

From the FAQ:
FAQ wrote:Q.Do you include photographs in the chronologies?
Photos are taken on a case by case basis. A generic family photo is unplaceable, and really amounts to nothing more than a prop or a decoration, and can be ignored. On the other hand, a photo which shows a specific event which we haven't previously seen is another matter, and should be listed, and treated the same as a flashback.
If Kraven is just...standing there, then it should probably be removed, but if he's doing something...
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Kraven the Hunter in ASM 48

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

Russ Chappell wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:21 am
RobinHoodMtl wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:27 pm Besides being a photo (therefore cannot be listed),
Where does this come from?

From the FAQ:
FAQ wrote:Q.Do you include photographs in the chronologies?
Photos are taken on a case by case basis. A generic family photo is unplaceable, and really amounts to nothing more than a prop or a decoration, and can be ignored. On the other hand, a photo which shows a specific event which we haven't previously seen is another matter, and should be listed, and treated the same as a flashback.
My bad. If I ever read this, I totally forgot about it. This assumption was probably made because that's how CMRO works for photos. I'll keep that in mind.
If Kraven is just...standing there, then it should probably be removed, but if he's doing something...
In this particular case, however, the picture of Kraven is pretty generic. He looks like he's running or charging at someone, but there are no characters, no background and absolutely nothing else in the picture. It could have been shot anytime. Even if we assume Parker shot it, which he probably did considering Jameson is doing this TV editorial, we can't be sure when that occurred. So I maintain my recommendation to remove this line.