Which Hawkeye in HAWK5 6(20),7-11?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

robfj
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Which Hawkeye in HAWK5 6(20),7-11?

Post by robfj »

I think these issues have been inserted into Clint Barton's chronology when they should be in that of Kate Bishop.

As usual in the last 10 years the whole timeline has been thrashed out in Col-Fury's general chronologies and the individual char chronologies have been filled in from there. I believe the current problem is a simple transcription error.

HAWK5 has been split into 3 sections #1-6(1-19), #6(20)-11 and #12-16. The 1st 2 are included in the CIVIL WAR II to SECRET EMPIRE chronology while the 3rd is in SECRET EMPIRE to WAR OF THE REALMS. I can't find anywhere outside such chronologies where this series is discussed, and in particular nowhere where the split was decided.

This series suffers from a common problem in that it is written with no obvious gaps but needs to be split somehow to accommodate Kate Bishop's other apps. The split at the end of #6 is not without its problems. On p19 Kate says goodbye to Jessica Jones at the airport and picks up Lucky the Pizza Dog who's presumably been air-freighted there by Clint Barton. On p20 she walks into her office/apartment with Lucky and some groceries where she's attacked. #7 continues with the aftermath of the attack. Splitting the series here implies that much time has passed between p19 and p20 where we insert several other apps (of Kate but not Lucky), and has to ignore Kate telling Lucky on p20 that he'll enjoy living here. On the other hand in #7 and later her friends do meet her without ever commenting on Lucky's presence.

Anywho I'm not here to quibble about that, merely the fact that only Kate Hawkeye is in #6(20)-11, and Clint Hawkeye only joins her in #12-16.

So:-

HAWKEYE/CLINTON FRANCIS BARTON
----
OCCA 3
OCCA 4
HAWK5 6 (20) delete
HAWK5 7 delete
HAWK5 8-FB delete
HAWK5 8 delete
HAWK5 9 delete
HAWK5 10 delete
HAWK5 11-FB delete
HAWK5 11 delete
OCCA 7-FB
OCCA 5 (1 - 9)
----

But of course because of the transcription mistake these issues don't appear in Kate Bishop's chronology. So I just have to consult the CIVIL WAR II to SECRET EMPIRE chronology to find where they fit in her existing entries. The answer turns out to be:-

HAWKEYE II/KATE BISHOP
----
HAWK5 6 (1 - 19)
SM/DP 12
AYOM/ /12
AMERICA 1-FB
AMERICA 1
UGP 14
UGP 15
PATSYWAHCAT 17
HAWK5 6 (20) add
HAWK5 7 add
HAWK5 8-FB add
HAWK5 8 add
HAWK5 9 add
HAWK5 10 add
HAWK5 11-FB add
HAWK5 11 add
AMERICA 5
AMERICA 6-FB
AMERICA 6
SECEMP 10 (1 - 31:4)
GENS:HAWK&HAWK
SECEMP 10 (31:5 - 32&33)
GENS:CASW&CASR
SECEMP:O-FB
HAWK5 12
----

Lucky is correctly placed in HAWK5 6-16 with no interruptions.