Chronology: Dark Phoenix Saga to Contest of Champions

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: Chronology: Dark Phoenix Saga to Contest of Champions

Post by StrayLamb »

Updates in BOLD from recent forum posts.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

Is there a way to have T 308 after DD 174 so that Elektra in COH 2 refers to the situation after DD 174 (the Hand putting a contract on Elektra in NYC) ?

see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16222
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Leoparis wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:21 am Is there a way to have T 308 after DD 174 so that Elektra in COH 2 refers to the situation after DD 174 (the Hand putting a contract on Elektra in NYC) ?

see https://www.chronologyproject.com/phpbb ... =2&t=16222
That and numerous other updates in BOLD.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Another round of updates applied in BOLD.
Pocokk
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Pocokk »

Marvel Team-Up 82-85 occurs both here and in the previous topic http://chronologyproject.com/phpbb2/vie ... 048#p57048

I guess the bold version is the most recent one?
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

M/TU 82-85 belongs in the previous list, Defeat of Thanos to the Dark Phoenix Saga.

I've updated this list, with recent changes in BOLD.
Troutlaw
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Troutlaw »

Black Panther 14-15 is here and in previous section.
Daredevil 174-175 and Marvel Fanfare 5 are here twice.

There is a mistake in Howard's chronology. Marvel Team-Up 96 is placed after Howard the Duck Magazine 9. Howard has his taxi in Marvel Team-Up 96 but it was destroyed in the second story of Howard the Duck Magazine 5 which leads directly into 6. MCP placed it between the two stories.

Howard the Duck Magazine 4
Howard the Duck Magazine 5/1
Marvel Team-Up 96
Howard the Duck Magazine 5/2
Howard the Duck Magazine 6-7

Also notes for some missing comics:
The Best of Marvel Comics 1/13 - MCP placed Wolverine's appearance here between Uncanny X-Men 148 and 149

Man-Thing II 9 - Should be between 8 and 10

Marvel Spotlight 4 - MCP placed it between Fantastic Four Annual 14 and Marvel Two-In-One 69
Marvel Spotlight 5 - Takes place in 1979. Most likely takes place between Marvel Spotlight 4 and 8
Marvel Spotlight 8 - MCP placed it beween Fantastic Four Annual 15 and Marvel Graphic Novel 1

Bizarre Adventures 25/3 - MCP placed it between Power Man and Iron Fist 70 and 72
Bizarre Adventures 28/2 - Shadow-Hunter was confirmed to be 616 in Civil War: Battle Damage Report
Bizarre Adventures 33/1
Bizarre Adventures 34/2 [Christmas Eve]

Ka-Zar the Savage 1 - After Marvel Fanfare 2, there is a days long break on page 10
Ka-Zar the Savage 2 - Weeks after Ka-Zar the Savage 1
Ka-Zar the Savage 3 - Several days after Ka-Zar the Savage 2
Events in Ka-Zar the Savage 3-12 happen quickly and not much time passes in between issues.
Events in Ka-Zar the Savage 13-16 also happen quickly.
Ka-Zar the Savage 16 - Before Marvel Fanfare 3

Ka-Zar the Savage 1
Break
Ka-Zar the Savage 2
Break
Ka-Zar the Savage 3-12
Break
Ka-Zar the Savage 13-16
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Troutlaw wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pm Black Panther 14-15 is here and in previous section.
Daredevil 174-175 and Marvel Fanfare 5 are here twice.
Whoops! Fixed.
Troutlaw wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pmThere is a mistake in Howard's chronology. Marvel Team-Up 96 is placed after Howard the Duck Magazine 9. Howard has his taxi in Marvel Team-Up 96 but it was destroyed in the second story of Howard the Duck Magazine 5 which leads directly into 6. MCP placed it between the two stories.

Howard the Duck Magazine 4
Howard the Duck Magazine 5/1
Marvel Team-Up 96
Howard the Duck Magazine 5/2
Howard the Duck Magazine 6-7
Okay, i've placed all of these, along with his appearances in Crazy, plus HTD 32-33 in later chronologies.
Troutlaw wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pmAlso notes for some missing comics:
The Best of Marvel Comics 1/13 - MCP placed Wolverine's appearance here between Uncanny X-Men 148 and 149

Man-Thing II 9 - Should be between 8 and 10

Marvel Spotlight 4 - MCP placed it between Fantastic Four Annual 14 and Marvel Two-In-One 69
Marvel Spotlight 5 - Takes place in 1979. Most likely takes place between Marvel Spotlight 4 and 8
Marvel Spotlight 8 - MCP placed it beween Fantastic Four Annual 15 and Marvel Graphic Novel 1

Bizarre Adventures 25/3 - MCP placed it between Power Man and Iron Fist 70 and 72
Bizarre Adventures 28/2 - Shadow-Hunter was confirmed to be 616 in Civil War: Battle Damage Report
Bizarre Adventures 33/1
Bizarre Adventures 34/2 [Christmas Eve]
I've place each of these, and found a couple of listings that i have to disagree with.

I believe that Howard the Duck's listings for Bizarre Adventures 34/2 and HTD 32-33 are incorrectly placed. Bizarre Adventures 34/2 should be placed between Contest of Champions and Secret Wars. HTD 32-33 should be placed after Secret Wars. Howard's listing has all of these issues prior to Contest of Champions, which seems.. bizarre! :twisted:

Wong's listing has his appearance in M-T2 10 before FF 222, but i believe it should go after FF 222.
Troutlaw wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pmKa-Zar the Savage 1 - After Marvel Fanfare 2, there is a days long break on page 10
Ka-Zar the Savage 2 - Weeks after Ka-Zar the Savage 1
Ka-Zar the Savage 3 - Several days after Ka-Zar the Savage 2
Events in Ka-Zar the Savage 3-12 happen quickly and not much time passes in between issues.
Events in Ka-Zar the Savage 13-16 also happen quickly.
Ka-Zar the Savage 16 - Before Marvel Fanfare 3

Ka-Zar the Savage 1
Break
Ka-Zar the Savage 2
Break
Ka-Zar the Savage 3-12
Break
Ka-Zar the Savage 13-16
I've placed all of these, but due to the limitations of placing them all between Fanfare 2 & 3, we'll have to overlook the "weeks" that pass. Maybe a couple of weeks at most.
Troutlaw
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Troutlaw »

I've finished Moon Knight notes. Only Micronauts and Master of Kung Fu is left but I don't know when I'll get to those:
Marvel Preview 21/1 - MCP placed it between Captain America 245 and Moon Knight 1
MCP placed Moon Knight 1-12 between Marvel Preview 21/1 and Marvel Team-Up Annual 4
Moon Knight 2 - There is a one week break on page 16 and a one month break on page 19
Moon Knight 3 - Newspaper on page 1 is dated to May 3, 1980
Moon Knight 7 - February calendar
Moon Knight 11 - Mardi Gras, two week break on page 13
Moon Knight 12 - Files on page 1 are dated to April 21, 1981 and June 5, 1981
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

My revision of the X-Men for 1979-1980 has ramifications for this list. I've restored X-Men 132-137 in Defeat of Thanos to the Dark Phoenix Saga to their proper place during the 1979 New Year's Eve Hellfire Gala, along with X-Men 139-140, which takes place during the following Summer. I dragged Marvel Team-Up 100 along with UX 139, which automatically placed it between M/TU 99 & 101, so fixing the X-Men listings also fixed that particular problem. It wasn't M/TU 100 that was out of place, but the X-Men issues.

A number of issues have been swapped between the two lists, and a number of characters are affected by restoring the X-men issues to their proper place in the scheme of things, but they are mostly cameo appearances.
Frank
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frank »

Brilliant work mon Ami :applause: :thumbsup:
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Well, merci Frank. I just surround myself with comics on the floor, drink 20 litres of coffee (or occasionally rum), and make copious notes while reading. Taking time off work helps, too. This section of the chronology, which is basically 1980 to early 1982, still needs a lot of work, but small steps..
Troutlaw
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Troutlaw »

Troutlaw wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:23 pm I've finished Moon Knight notes. Only Micronauts and Master of Kung Fu is left but I don't know when I'll get to those:
Marvel Preview 21/1 - MCP placed it between Captain America 245 and Moon Knight 1
MCP placed Moon Knight 1-12 between Marvel Preview 21/1 and Marvel Team-Up Annual 4
Moon Knight 2 - There is a one week break on page 16 and a one month break on page 19
Moon Knight 3 - Newspaper on page 1 is dated to May 3, 1980
Moon Knight 7 - February calendar
Moon Knight 11 - Mardi Gras, two week break on page 13
Moon Knight 12 - Files on page 1 are dated to April 21, 1981 and June 5, 1981
And I'm done with Micronauts and Master of Kung Fu notes.
Missing:
Micronauts 18-25, 38-39, Annual 2
Master of Kung Fu 96-121

Micronauts 18-20 - MCP placed Scott Lang’s appearance here between Iron Man 133 and 137
Micronauts Annual 2 - Between 24 and 25

Master of Kung Fu 96 - Weeks after 95
Master of Kung Fu 102 - Warm weather
Master of Kung Fu 103-104 - Six weeks after 99-101
Master of Kung Fu 112-113 [Spring]
Master of Kung Fu 118 [June 8, 1982]
Master of Kung Fu 120 [July]
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Thanks Troutlaw. Added Micronauts 18-20 and the MOKF issues.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

More updates applied in BOLD.