BLOOD HUNT

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

BLOOD HUNT

Post by Midnighter »

I am starting a topic regarding Blood Hunt because there is one detail in Blood Hunters 1 that struck me:
in the first few pages Clint Barton states that he is on the run after being accused of assassinating the Russian ambassador and that he is headed to Madripoor, with a note pointing to the Black Widow & Hawkeye miniseries.
BW&HAWK 1 offers a very precise timeline of events: Clint is in Madripoor "32 hours ago," "36 hours ago" Black Widow meets in a New York club with Mockingbird who entrusts her with the mission of finding Clint, "48 hours ago" Russian Ambassador Larionov is apparently killed by Hawkeye.
Which suggests that Blood Hunt should take place in the 12-hour time frame between Larionov's assassination and Natasha and Bobbi's meeting in a New York City with no signs of vampiric invasion...
But in ASM 49 Spider-Man says that the sun should have risen 4 hours earlier, which means that almost a full day has already passed between the Sun's dimming (which occurred during the daytime, around lunchtime) and the beginning of his adventure, which makes it very difficult for the events of BW&HAWK to fit together as I mentioned earlier. Unless at the end of the miniseries Hawkeye remains a suspect and is shuttling between New York and Madripoor for other reasons (and the note in Blood Hunters 1 would have to be ignored).

There are time indications in numerous series (Blood Hunt, Dracula, etc.), so it should be possible to draw up a timeline of events and figure out how to fit it all together; I will work on this in the next few days.
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: BLOOD HUNT

Post by Somebody »

There's also the question of the canonicity of the "Red Band" versions and their extra pages. Because in the normal version of Blood Hunt #1, Dr Strange is stabbed; while in the "Red Band" version he's cut in half. And Doctor Strange #15 goes with "stabbed" - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marveld ... -spoilers/

So do we just ignore the extra pages?
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: BLOOD HUNT

Post by Midnighter »

Somebody wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:14 am There's also the question of the canonicity of the "Red Band" versions and their extra pages. Because in the normal version of Blood Hunt #1, Dr Strange is stabbed; while in the "Red Band" version he's cut in half. And Doctor Strange #15 goes with "stabbed" - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marveld ... -spoilers/

So do we just ignore the extra pages?
Hmmm, we could imagine that Strange first gets stabbed, then cut in half, but the moment he is vampirized the "regenerating" powers come into play whereby the two halves heal together while in Clea's arms...
It would be a very laborious job of finding the right succession of panels.... I would wait to see how Blood Hunt 2 opens before making a decision.