SIEGE to FEAR ITSELF

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

shandrakor
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: SIEGE to FEAR ITSELF

Post by shandrakor »

No problem! I've got an X-Men reading order I'm working through which I built largely from these threads and the chronologies, so it's pretty easy to check it and hand it right back.

The one thing I'll note is that because it's based on the chronologies,
a) it assumes the MCP chronologies are correct, and
b) it only takes characters into account, not events.

With small crossovers, there's usually just one path through based on character appearances, and I've tried to note above when a placement is flexible--like maybe Namor did a thing in N:FM 1 that needs to be reflected in Storm & Gambit, or vice-versa. I haven't read them, I dunno.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

I've rebuilt a lot of my own chronologies based on MCP character placements, using different coloured type for comics i've read or re-read in recent years, and comics i haven't read, mostly from the 90's and early 00's when i was busy bringing up ankle-biters and working long hours. Some of my old chronologies go back to exercise books. The MCP is the best site around (IMO) because there are a lot of people involved and offering input. The more eyes on a thing, the better. Even so, there are some glitches here and there, even in older comics, but we point them out, discuss them, and they get changed when warranted.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

I've resorted the main list on Page 4 with regard to the Incredible Hulks: Dark Son issues, along with the Heroic Age: Prince of Power mini-series which encompasses those issues and leads into Chaos War..

---
HERC:FA 1-2
Heroic Age: Prince of Power 1 (1 - 12)
Incredible Hulks 615/2-620/2
Incredible Hulk 609/2-612/2
Incredible Hulks 613/1
Incredible Hulks 612/1
Incredible Hulks 613/2
Incredible Hulks 614/2-FB
Incredible Hulks 614/2
Incredible Hulks 614/1
Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force 1-2
Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force 3 (1 - 17)
Incredible Hulks 615/1-616/1
Incredible Hulks 617/1 (1 - 19:1)
Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force 3 (18 - 22)
Heroic Age: Prince of Power 1 (13 - 22)
Heroic Age: Prince of Power 2-4
Chaos War 1 (1-24)
---
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Hi guys,

I am wondering why is the backup story from UXM 526 placed after XML 238-243 if in the backup Doctor Nemesis argues with Magneto about his leaving the Sick Ward and in the XML stories he is flying away to India with Rogue and the kids.

Shouldn't the backup be placed before the XML stories, just after UXM:HA?

Have a nice 2020!
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Good point! Thanks Beifica. :thumbsup:
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

StrayLamb wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:27 am Good point! Thanks Beifica. :thumbsup:
No problem!

Another thing, I'm not finding the stories from X-Men: To Serve and Protect on this list, were they moved to another?
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Beifica wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 am
StrayLamb wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:27 am Good point! Thanks Beifica. :thumbsup:
No problem!

Another thing, I'm not finding the stories from X-Men: To Serve and Protect on this list, were they moved to another?
Are you checking the latest version of this list at page 4? http://www.chronologyproject.com/phpbb2 ... 568#p55568
I can see the stories from X:TS&P in there, mostly just after Hawkeye & Mockingbird 1-6
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Oh I did not, my bad, I navigate to these pages via the stickied thread, and it directs to page 2. Thanks for the help =)
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

I've changed the link in the sticky thread so that it directs to the latest version on page 4.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Thank you!

Ok, so I have reached the Curse of the Mutants story arc.

You have the Deadpool issues (30 & 31) listed after X-Men #6.

I don't think that works. I have just read them and #30's intro text refers that Dracula was just murdered and Xarus took control of the vampires.
I agree with this when it places the two Deapool issues immediately after the Death of Dracula one-shot.

It has to happen after that issue, but not too long after, as in the last pages of Death of Dracula, Janus is betrayed by the Claw sect and his own Mystikos sect, and the last words from the guy that betrays Janus are: "I've already taken steps to bring Mystikos sect into line...It'll take a day or two to smooth out the wrinkles..." so it's pretty obvious that he is expecting some kind of resistance from his own sect, so maybe he hired some Claw sect vampires to wipe out the resistance, which, in turn, cause them to hire Deadpool for protection in DP30 & 31
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Yep, that seems to work. :thumbsup:

I'll keep a note of that, but i won't update the main list until you've finished working thru the X-Men titles here, in case you come up with any other ideas in the near future.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

StrayLamb wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:48 am Yep, that seems to work. :thumbsup:

I'll keep a note of that, but i won't update the main list until you've finished working thru the X-Men titles here, in case you come up with any other ideas in the near future.
Ok, sounds good, thank you.

Do you prefer for me to create individual posts here as I find things, or wait until I reach Fear Itself and post all my findings (if any)?

Also, I only read X-Men related material, so some of my considerations may work for the X-Men part of the MU, but not for everything as a whole.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Beifica wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:39 amDo you prefer for me to create individual posts here as I find things, or wait until I reach Fear Itself and post all my findings (if any)?
Let me know as you go - it's easier to keep tabs on things that way.
Beifica wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:39 amAlso, I only read X-Men related material, so some of my considerations may work for the X-Men part of the MU, but not for everything as a whole
No problem - we'll work it out.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Where is Mighty Thor 7?

In here we have MT 1-6, and then, in the FI to AvX list, MT begins with #8

I can't find MT 7, it's not in the FI thread either
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

MT 7 is a story set in the past, the origin of Cul Borson, brother of Odin.