Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AVX to INFINITY

Post by Col_Fury »

HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THAT??! :sigh:

Yes, let's do that. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Nick! You get an extra three internet points.
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Cool.! I'll redeem them next time i pull a boner. :D
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:06 pm
X-Factor 246-262 (Uncanny Avengers) (replacement FF) (Octavius is Spider-Man)
Red She-Hulk 58-60
AVENGSM 16 (Beast cat-like)
JiM 646 (6-20), 647-651 (Octavius is Spider-Man) (Iron Man -VO)
Thor: God of Thunder 1-11
F.F.2 4-8
AVENGSM 17 (replacement FF appear)
TB3 2-11
SCARSPI2 12.1, 13-15
Avengers Assemble 12-13
TB3 12-13
IM6 1-5 (1-13)
Red She-Hulk 61-67
ASTONX3 59-61 / XXX2 13 / AOA2 14
RSH 60 continues directly into RSH 61. There's a two-week break between pages 9 & 10 of RSH 60, so I'm guessing that's where you mean for AVGSM 16 through IM6 5 (first half) to occur.

Therefore it should read:

X-Factor 246-262 (Uncanny Avengers) (replacement FF) (Octavius is Spider-Man)
Red She-Hulk 58-60 (1 - 9)
AVENGSM 16 (Beast cat-like)
JiM 646 (6-20), 647-651 (Octavius is Spider-Man) (Iron Man -VO)
Thor: God of Thunder 1-11
F.F.2 4-8
AVENGSM 17 (replacement FF appear)
TB3 2-11
SCARSPI2 12.1, 13-15
Avengers Assemble 12-13
TB3 12-13
IM6 1-5 (1-13)
Red She-Hulk 60 (10 - 20) -67
ASTONX3 59-61 / XXX2 13 / AOA2 14

No?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Yes! :)
-Daron Jensen
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:06 pm
YA2 14-15 (New Year’s Eve)
FF4 1-3 / F.F.2 1-3 (New Year’s Day) (Mr. Fantastic “in space”) (replacement FF form)
AARENA 13

bunch of other stuff
SUPSM 7-10 (Octavius on Avengers probation)
NA3 4-6 (Iron Man on Earth) (Beast cat-like) (Mr. Fantastic “in space”)
SECA2 1-2

bunch of other stuff
WSOL 15-19
FF4 4-5
X:L2 9
Wait. What? How does Mr. Fantastic appear in NA3 4, in Wakanda? He's lost "in space," right?

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

FF4 5AU reveals the FF have a contingency transport in case they're needed on Earth for something really important. Yes, FF4 5AU happens in a divergent timeline, but they still have the option. I'd say the impending incursion in NA3 4 would be something Reed would consider really important.

In theory, we might be able to move NA3 4-6 to before FF4 1, but that would mean NA3 4-6 would happen between pages of A5 1, during the "month" break within the issue. I'm not sure at the moment if that causes any problems.

Reed also appears interacting with people on Earth in NA3 7, but during his dinner with Doom he fades away revealing himself to be a hologram. During that dinner, his hologram was able to pick up and interact with objects. I suppose it's possible that he was using the same hologram method in NA3 4-6, and that he didn't actually return to Earth while he was away in space.
-Daron Jensen
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

I can live with these. Thanks.

Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

I don't see W&X placed neither here or in the AvX thread.

I haven't read those issues yet, so I can't suggest placement, although Beast chronology in the site (just to state 1 char) includes the issues right after W&X 20:

Beast:
X:L 275
W&X 19
W&X 20
W&X 21
W&X 22
W&X 23
ASM 692
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

I think that some X-Men Legacy v2 (XL2) issues should be repositioned, namely issues 7-9.

Issues 7-9 are currently placed before ANX 1-8. And while I don't know the reasoning for each XL2 issue placement, I do know that In ANX 5 Beast becomes Ape-like.

Also, in W&X 24, Storm goes back to her mohawk look.

With this in mind:

- in XL2 7 Legion has a vision where Beast looks to be in his ape-form, and Storm has her normal long hair. This is only imagination, not a real occurrence.
- in XL2 8 Legion has a vision where Storm has the mohawk. Again, imagination, not a real occurrence.
- in XL2 9 Legion has a vision where Beast looks to be in his ape-form, and Storm has the mohawk. Furthermore, Cyclops' Extinction team appear in another vision, with their new costumes, that debuted in UX3 1. This is a prediction, does not occur because he stops the villain before he acts.

Current order (X-Men only):
X:L2 7
X:L2 8-9
ANX 1-8
W&X 24
X:L2 10-12
X3 1-3
A+X 7
UX3 1-2

Suggestion:
ANX 1-8
X:L2 7 (Beast ape-like & Storm has long hair in Legion's imagination)
W&X 24
X:L2 8-9 (Beast ape-like & Storm has mohawk in Legion's imagination & vision from the future)
X:L2 10-12
X3 1-3
A+X 7
UX3 1-2
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Some considerations regarding A+X:

A+X 10/2 must occur after the creation of cable's new Xforce team as Domino keeps referring to her gadgets as Forge creations. Cable looks for him in Point one before Cable & Xforce #1

A+X 11 is a tricky one because it shows Goldballs, Morph and Triage training in New Xavier School under Cyclops and Magik watch, when suddenly Magik teleports to Limbo.

Magik "absorbs" Limbo in UX3 7 (in a flashback iirc).

There is a caption stating that the story occurs before UX3 5.

I don't think there's a clean break between issues where the new mutants can be training while Limbo is still available as a location, because in the storyarc that crosses over with ANX (which involves directly or indirectly issues UX3 1-4, the new mutants do not have quiet time in the school while Cyclops & Magik are around, and UX3 5 happens 1 hour after the ending of UX3 4 with Magik still recovering from what happened at the end of UX3 4.

Nevertheless I think the only possible place for this story to happen is in that 1 hour between UX3 4 and 5.
Last edited by Beifica on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Excuse the sequence of posts but I'm going through this era (in X-Men books) and it's the first time I'm reading something not added to the MCP website so I feel the need to give my inputs.

Currently, you have the following:

UX3 1-2
ANX 9-11 / UX3 3-4 (Iron Man on Earth)
UX3 5-9
IM6 5 (14-20), 6-8 (Iron Man leaves for space)
ANX 11-12 (original UA roster)
UA 5-6 (UA roster expands)
ANX 13-14 (Iron Man in space) (Hill in charge of SHIELD) (during/after UA 5)

I believe UX3 5-9 must go after ANX 13-14 because of Mystique.
She is scheming with the Brotherhood in ANX 11-14 and then escapes in a SHIELD helicopter.
In UX3 9 she appears disguised as Coulson and drugs Dazzler, who she then proceeds to impersonate.

UX3 1-9 run almost sequentially with few breaking points. The same happens with ANX 9-14. Still, it's weird to have Mystique robbing banks and stuff with the Brotherhood over at ANX 9-11, then impersonating Dazzler in UX3 9 (and 10-11, at least that I'm aware of), then resume the robbing activities in ANX 12-14.

My suggestion:

UX3 1-2
ANX 9-11 / UX3 3-4 (Iron Man on Earth)
UX3 5-9 (remove from here)
IM6 5 (14-20), 6-8 (Iron Man leaves for space)
ANX 11-12 (original UA roster)
UA 5-6 (UA roster expands)
ANX 13-14 (Iron Man in space) (Hill in charge of SHIELD) (during/after UA 5)
UX3 5-9 (move to here)
Last edited by Beifica on Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Beifica wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:16 pm Excuse the sequence of posts but I'm going through this era (in X-Men books) and it's the first time I'm reading something not added to the MCP website so I feel the need to give my inputs.
Don't apologize, Beifica! All input is welcome and useful - go for it! :thumbsup:
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Ok so I have just read Uncanny Avengers mega arc from 6 to 22 and it is problematic for Uncanny X-Force v2.

I have searched a bit to see if there is an explanation for the current placement of Uncanny X-Force v2, but without success.

Current placement:
UXFOR2 1-12
C&XFOR 15-17
CA7 1-11 (days before UA 7-22)
UXFOR2 12-15 (Storm in LA)
UA 7-22 (Octavius w/Avengers) (Storm in LA)
C&XFOR 18-19 / UXFOR2 16-17 (end of Storm in LA)

In UXFOR2 15, Cassandra Nova is defeated and the team is in LA.

Then Storm and the others appear in several issues throughout UA 7-22:

In UA 11: Psylocke, Storm, Puck, Bishop and Spiral watch the Apocalypse twins projection over NYC from their warehouse window.

In UA 12: Storm appears in Jean Grey's school (Westchester).

In UA 15: Storm, Psylocke & Puck appear inside one of Scarlet Witch's teleporting bubble, in LA (also Mystique & Sabretooth appear inside a bubble in Madripoor, which is also problematic since at this point Mystique should be done with the Madripoor scheme in ANX and is already impersonating Dazzier over at UX3)

In UA 21: Storm & Psylocke appear in Jean Grey's school (Westchester).

Then the UA arc ends and they are back at UXFOR2 for the Vendetta crossover.

Since these U X-Force location fluctuations are all part of the same story arc in UA, my guess is that it is being assumed that the team was in LA at the end of UXFOR2 15 (ending with Bishop pissed at Stom), then for some reason the team goes to a random warehouse in NYC (and Bishop simply puts on hold the fact that he was so angry with Storm for messing with his memories) and Storm visits the school before the team returns to LA, where they are teleported to the ark. Then the timeline is restored and after leaving the Ark Storm & Psylocke visit the school again before returning to LA, where Bishop finally confronts Storm.

Does this make sense? Or is there a different explanation for things?

What about the whole Mystique & Sabretooth in Madripoor bit? Mystique starts impersonating Dazzler in UX3 9 for the record, which is placed before all of these issues.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

From memory:

Storm's "group" in UXFOR2 only exists during that volume. They happened to be in the same place at the same time at the start of the volume and everything happens fairly quickly until the end of the volume, where the non-team breaks up. Since this group cameos in UA 7-22, UA 7-22 has to happen sometime during UXFOR2 1-17. It's not so much the geography, "Storm in LA" was just a shorthand way of saying "Storm's ramshackle group appears together."

As for Mystique, I don't see a problem with her having two or more schemes running at the same time. She can be impersonating Dazzler while doing other stuff. She's a multi-tasker. :wink:
-Daron Jensen
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Thank you for your reply Col_Fury.

I absolutely understand that the only possible placement for Uncanny Avengers 6-22 relative to UXFOR2 is the pseudo-break between UXFOR 2 15&16, there is simply no other possible place.

Regarding Mystique, well I get what you're saying, and I think that maybe it is almost impossible to put UA 6-22 in a place that would fit with Mystique's Madripoor plot in ANX 12-14. I mean, there are a lot of issues happening between that point and UA 6-22. It would require a massive shuffle just to make something so small make a little bit more sense.

Anyway, I would also like to ask what was the reasoning for placing X-Men v4 1-3 before UXFOR2 because in UXFOR2 1 Storm asks Psylocke "where have you been in the past 6 months?" meaning that they did not see each other in a long time.