INFINITY to ORIGINAL SIN

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

michel
Director
Director

Re: INFINITY to ORIGINAL SIN

Post by michel »

I've put it just after the UX3 19-31/ANX 26-36 sequence, in the "Original Sin To Axis" period.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Michel,

Col_Fury's chronology says this about W6 and AUND:
W&X2 1-9 (DD San Francisco) (Armor loses her powers)
Avengers Undercover 8-10 (Sabretooth free)
W6 4-FB (Wolverine quits the X-Men) (Wolverine knows where Cyclops is based)
W6 1-12 (Wolverine gets back with the Avengers & makes up w/X-Men; no in armor w/Avengers before this) (Sabretooth imprisoned)
IM@
Your chronology of this area says this:

X4 17
W6 1
W6 2
W6 3
W6 4
W6 5
W6 6
W6 7
W6 8
W6 9
W6 10
W6 11 (2 - 3)-FB
W6 11
W6 12
AUND 8
AUND 9
AUND 10
IM@5 1
My concern is that Sabretooth is defeated in W6 12, and Nick Fury Jr. says that he has been placed in a secure location. Yet in AUND 8-10, Sabretooth and all his companions are still in charge of Madripoor.

In between Fury's post and yours, Siabod posted this:
Siabod wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:36 am I've got an issue with the placement of Avengers Undercover #8-10 as well

Currently it comes after Wolverine #1-12 and Avengers World #1-14

However, in AU Sabretooth is free and seems to be in charge of Madripor,. But in AW Gorgon seems in control, which makes sense as Sabretooth is imprisoned at the end of Wolverine
This implies that Fury originally had W6 after AUND 8-10, and AFTER Siabod's post, he corrected his chronology, adding the parenthetical comments. It's possible that in building your chronology, you picked up Fury's chronology as a starting point, PRIOR to Fury's edit. Or did you consciously revert his edits, believing that AUND 8-10 should properly be placed after W6?

I'm just trying to clear up the discrepancy. At face value, it appears that Siabod is correct. Or do you disagree?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Russ,

I agree with Siabod, so I think you guessed right, Col_Fury must have edited his chronology but I didn't edit mine.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

michel wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:30 pm
H3 1 (1 - 19:1)
SUSM 27
SUSM 28
SUSM 29
SUSMTU 11
SUSM@ 2
SUSM@ 2/2
SUSM 30
SUSM 31
Wait.

Spider-Man/Octopus is captured by Goblin's spider-slayer army at the end of SUSM 29, and he doesn't free himself until the beginning of SUSM 30. And yet, he appears in SUSM@ 2, to save Ben Urich from Goblin Knight. How?

SUSM@ 2 appears to take place after the middle of SUSM 29, when Peter/Octopus is called away from helping Sajani and Carlie by Goblin baiting him over Anna Maria's disappearance. He appears obsessed with finding Anna Maria, to the point of ignoring all the chaos caused by Goblin's forces. Would he break away from that to help Urich, before arriving at the Goblin's trap at ESU?

Or is there any other place for SUSM@ 2 to occur?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Yes it's wrong. Maybe I moved SUSM@ 2/2 and took SUSM @2 with it.

In this post, Clive_Reston did place SUSM@ 2 between SUSM 28 and 29, and it looks right. In SUSM 28, MJ is still in New York with Pedro, May and Jay and calls her aunt Anna. In SUSM@ 2 she's still in New York and calls Ben Urich. In SUSM 29 she has left town. Carlie goes to Otto in SUSM 28, fights him but then surrenders to him. She appears in SUSM@ 2, then the tests on her begin in SUSM 29.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

Col_Fury wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:07 am It looks like there's going to have to be a gap inserted somewhere in INDH 20.

Bruce Banner gets shot in the head at the end of INDH 20. Hulk v? #1 picks up from there, Bruce is brain damaged. Weeks pass, then the rest of #1-4 happen in fairly short order. By the end, Bruce no longer works for SHIELD, so any appearances of Hulk with SHIELD have to happen before this. Tony and Arno fix Bruce with Extremis, while in Mandarin City. Arno has his mobility suit. So, Tony and Arno appear here after the IM Annual and before IM6 23.

Original Sin happens between Hulk v? #4-5.

INDH 20 is the end of the Inhumanity tie-in, which is referenced as already having had happened in IM6 20.INH. Hulk appears with SHIELD in IM6 20.INH. INDH 20 ends the plot, then Bruce makes a recording about that adventure and mentions he's still feeling the effects (meaning, it's the same day). As he's making the recording, he's shot in the head.

So where's the gap? On page 19, between panels 4-5? Pretend the "Starting Now" dialogue is about something else? Because I'm not seeing a spot anywhere else.
I'm currently in that period and looking at the series in relationship to each other. I agree with you on the gap in INDH 20.

HULK/DR. ROBERT BRUCE BANNER
INDH 20 (15 - 17) --> (15 - 19:4)
A5 24 (1 - 17)
AWORLD 14
INDH 20 (18 - 20) --> (19:5 - 20)
H3 1

A5 25-28 (minus the epilogs in 28) should take place before OSIN for Thor to be able to use Thorr's hammer post-OSIN. In A5 25-28 both Thor and Thorr use their own hammers.