INFINITY to ORIGINAL SIN

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

michel
Director
Director

Re: INFINITY to ORIGINAL SIN

Post by michel »

Thanos: A God Up There Listening 1-4, formerly an Infinite Comics, is missing. The pitch places it in the aftermath of Infinity. It features Thane and the Ebony Maw. FBs show a battle between Thanos and the Black Order vs. Ego.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

A+X 13-18 are yet to be placed, right?

I haven't read them yet, but I'll try to do it in this week and write here some pointers to maybe help out on their placement

Edit:

My notes on A+X 13-18
Disclaimer: I'm not well-informed in anything other than the X-Men books

- The 6-parter that runs from 13 to 18 involves Cap. America & Cyclops hunting down Cadre K.

It has appearances from Emma Frost, Stepford Cuckoos, Tempus, Ant-Man & Dr. Doom.
One of the Cuckoos has black hair, which places this story after UX3 9

-----

- Issue 13: Emma Frost & Black Widow track down someone who has Emma's sextape :roll:

Imo, it can be placed on either side of the 6-parter above

-----

- Issue 14: Magneto & Spider-Man (Octopus) try to rescue a mutant boy from M.O.D.O.K.

-----

- Issue 15: Beast & Doctor Strange Vs Impossible Man

-----

- Issue 16: Spiderman helps Psylocke fight some gangsters and Psylocke becomes gravely injured

This one occurs in the past, back in the 90s. It shows the X-Men's blue team picking up Psylocke. It should be placed somewhere where there's a considerable gap in time between Psylocke appearances as she is injured in this story. X-Men wise, it must be placed after X 1-3 (start of Blue/Gold teams) and before Fatal Attractions (Wolverine leaves the team). I think that placing it immediately after X 1-3 would work fine (dunno about Spider-Man though).

-----

Issue 17: Broo spends a day with Iron Man.

Iron Man has the black armor. There are also appearances by Beast & Nova

-----

Issue 18: Murderworld gains sentience and kidnaps Shadowcat & Vision

-----

I think that all of these issues should be placed before Infinity, as some stories touch intergalactic themes, like the 6-parter with the Skrulls, Broo's day with Iron Man, etc and none mention Infinity.

X-Men wise, I would lump everything (except the Spider-Man/Psylocke team-up) together maybe before Battle of the Atom.
Last edited by Beifica on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Also, can somebody explain the reasoning for having ANX 19-21 placed before UX3 15-16?

From an X-Men perspective, I think that it should be the other way around, as X-23 joins the team in ANX 19 (20 actually, in 19 she is just discovered by the team), and in UX3 15 all the girls from the team go on a shopping trip and it's just like X-23 doesn't exist, so I think that it would be better to place UX3 15-16 before ANX 19-21.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

michel wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm Revolutionary War : Omega has cameos of Spider-Man/Octopus with the Avengers and of Magneto, past-Beast and past-Angel with Cyclops team.
But it's placed after SUSM 26 (Octopus leaves the Avengers) and after UX3 16 (Magneto has left Cyclops team, he's seen with them after in X:L2 22-23, but he answers Legion's call, and in X:NMH, but it's a crisis situation). It's after Battle of the Atom because the past X-Men are here, and UX3 16 is an Inhumanity tie-in, so I wonder if Revolutionary War shouldn't go just before Infinity and right after Battle of the Atom.
Col. Fury, any objections?

Michel, Col Fury footnotes a reference to Carol Danvers in Revolutionary War as evidence of placement. Does your placement take this into account?

Let's iron this out, and edit either Col Fury's listing in this thread, or Michel's listing in the AVX to Infinity thread.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Russ Chappell wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:44 pm Michel, Col Fury footnotes a reference to Carol Danvers in Revolutionary War as evidence of placement. Does your placement take this into account?
Carol leaves Earth for space in CM7 1, way after Infinity, so we're good.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Revolutionary War was published two months after the Infinity crossover ends, but Michel makes some good points about the X-characters. Moving it backwards doesn't affect Dark Angel's later Iron Man appearances, so his suggestion still works.
-Daron Jensen
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

edit: nevermind
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:59 pm Here's where we're at:

INFINITY
SUPSM 17-19 (2099 comes to town)
SUPSMTU 5-8 (2099 already in town)
Longshot 1-4
W&X 38-41
X:L2 19-24
DPOOL vs. Carnage 1-4
TB3 20-26
Fearless Defenders 11-12
IM6 18-19
This arrangement places Superior Spider-Man Team-Up 6 between Fearless Defenders 10 and 12 for Titania, and Deadpool vs. Carnage 1-4 between Fearless Defenders 10 and 12 for Shriek. Are we okay with that? Is there a reason why Fearless Defenders 11 & 12 are broken apart from the rest of the series, or can they at least be placed prior to SUPSM 17-19?

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

After a quick look into it, I don't see any reason why Fearless Defenders #11-12 can't go before Superior Spider-Man #17-19. It probably works better for those character if we do, actually.
-Daron Jensen
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:59 pm
AAI 7-12 (Inhumanity) (Attilan unguarded)
MA2 4-5 (Inhumanity) (Attilan guarded by SHIELD)
ANX 19-21 (X-23 joins Cyclops’ group)

[stuff]

BW7 1
DD4 0.1 (DD moves across the country)
DPPPL:DG 1-7 (MODOK w/AIM)
SECA2 12-16 (MODOK leaves AIM)
IM6 20.INH
BW7 2
X:L 300
MA2 6-9
SCARSPI2 24
In MA2 9, it's revealed that "Ronin" in MA2 4 & 5 is actually Blade. Blade also appears in Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet. Are we comfortable with DP:DG, in the midst of his MA2 appearances?

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Finally had a chance to look into this, and I'm cool with moving MA2 6-9 to before Dracula's Gauntlet. :thumbsup:
-Daron Jensen
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

michel wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:31 pmPM&IF3 6 (3:1 - 3:4)-FB : "Some time ago," Luke Cage is angry with War Machine because he blew up a building. Falcon, Shang-Chi and White Tiger are here. I couldn't place it. The cast looks like Mighty Avengers vol.2, and the scene could be during Infinity, but Jim wore the Iron Patriot armor at this time, and his War Machine armor here looks like an old one.
The White Tiger's presence establishes a time frame. Falcon joins the Mighty Avengers in #4. The events of Iron Patriot #1-5 (damage to War Machine armor, death of his father in the Iron Patriot armor) might have prompted him to use an older armor and can perfectly explain his rashness: Rhodey is in grief. Unsure whether Danvers is his girlfriend at this point but she's in space.

This places Rhodes after Iron Patriot #5 and the Mighty Avengers between #9 and #10.
michel wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:31 pmSeemingly at the same time, in PM&IF3 6 (4:2 - 4:6)-FB, She-Hulk kisses Iron Fist in his white costume because he has saved her life.
His next companion, Brenda, in Iron Fist Living Weapon 1 is a new one as he miscalls her Barbie. Iron Fist between MA2 7 and IF:LW 1. She-Hulk between She-Hulk 6 and MA2 10.

Iron Patriot 1-5
PM&IF3 6 (3:1 - 3:4)-FB
PM&IF3 6 (4:2 - 4:6)-FB
CM9 1-8 (Carol Danvers in space)
Moon Knight v? 1-6
All-New Ghost Rider 1-10
Iron Fist: Living Weapon #1-11, 12 (1-6)
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

I have to ask about the placement reasons for having Wolverine v5 #1-12 placed after WatX v2 #1-9 mainly due to Quentin Quire first leaving the school in WatX #6 and then appearing at the school again (as in, living in there) in Wolverine #10. This shouldn't happen, right?

I do realize that there would be a problem in swapping these group of issues, because Nature Girl debuts in WatX #1 and then appears in Wolverine #4 (in a FB).

edit: I've realized this was already brought up here
michel wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:32 pm Nature Girl arrives at the school with her suitcase in W&X2 1, but she appears in NC4 5, which is placed before W&X2 1.
Armor still controls her armors in NC4 5, and loses this control in W&X2 1-6 (precisely in #4), so we need a gap, the only one I can see is in W&X2 1 between pages 18 and 19, just before the Phoenix Corporation makes itself known.

Edit : there's also a problem with Kid Omega. He leaves the school in W&X2 6, but he appears with Nature Girl at the school in W6 4-FB when Wolverine leaves the school, and also in W6 10. So it looks like W6 4-FB and W6 1-12 should happen in the gap at the end of W&X2 1, it's currently after W&X2 1-9.

Edit 2 : Kid Omega also appears at the school in AX2 8, DP5 33 (with Genesis) and UX3 21-22.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:59 pm
Stuff that still needs to get filled in:

A+X #13-18?
I've tentatively placed both first & second stories in APLUSX 13-16. Let me know what needs to be adjusted.

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

michel wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:32 pm Nature Girl arrives at the school with her suitcase in W&X2 1, but she appears in NC4 5, which is placed before W&X2 1.
Armor still controls her armors in NC4 5, and loses this control in W&X2 1-6 (precisely in #4), so we need a gap, the only one I can see is in W&X2 1 between pages 18 and 19, just before the Phoenix Corporation makes itself known.

Edit : there's also a problem with Kid Omega. He leaves the school in W&X2 6, but he appears with Nature Girl at the school in W6 4-FB when Wolverine leaves the school, and also in W6 10. So it looks like W6 4-FB and W6 1-12 should happen in the gap at the end of W&X2 1, it's currently after W&X2 1-9.

Edit 2 : Kid Omega also appears at the school in AX2 8, DP5 33 (with Genesis) and UX3 21-22.
So...any thoughts on the placement of W&X2 2-9?