Best Marvels of 2018

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Best Marvels of 2018

Post by StrayLamb »

What do you think were the best Marvel Comics of 2018.?

What stood out for me were Avengers: No Surrender, which i think will go down as one of the great Avengers epics, along with Journey Into Mystery: Birth of Krakoa, the Old Man Logan & X-Men: Gold runs, the Rogue & Gambit mini for pure nostalgia while driving the pair forward, and Punisher: War Machine for outrageous over the top action, with some iconic art by Guiu Vilanova.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Best Marvels of 2018

Post by Col_Fury »

Off the top of my head, I'm really REALLY enjoying Immortal Hulk.

Also, I agree that Avengers #675-690 was pretty great. I also liked Slott's wrap-up to Amazing Spider-Man, and think Spencer's run has been very good so far. I was surprised at how much I liked X-Men: Red and think the current Uncanny run is off to a good start. Also, almost everything by Rosenberg (Punisher, New Mutants, Astonishing X-Men, etc.) I've enjoyed quite a bit. Waid's Doctor Strange has been really good, Soule's Daredevil has been solid, and Slott's Fantastic Four and Iron Man are both highly enjoyable. Also Runaways. And Squirrel Girl is always great, of course.

And hey, Wolverine's on his way back and the nu-X-Men have finally been resolved. Super awesome.

Cap #695 was my favorite single issue that came out last year, and PPSSM #310 is my favorite issue of this year.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but wow. Lots of good stuff this year!

-edit-

I knew I forgot something: YOU ARE DEADPOOL was fantastic. :)
-Daron Jensen
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

I also wave the flag for YOU ARE DEADPOOL!

Squirrel Girl is still cracking me up every month. (Favorite detail of the new one's cover: the "Demon in a Bottle" gag is also a sideways reference to Jason Shiga's "Demon"!) Loved "Old Woman Laura" in All-New Wolverine #33-35, have been enjoying West Coast Avengers immensely so far, was very pleasantly surprised by Jessica Jones: Blind Spot. Cosmic Ghost Rider was a treat. I'm impressed by how Immortal Hulk has found a smart new direction for the character. Exiles is uneven, but has a bunch of absolutely delightful ideas in it. The final issues of both Slott's ASM and Zdarsky's PPTSSM were super super good. And both What If: Magik and the X-Men Black: Emma Frost one-shot were my favorite X-comics in a good long while.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Oh yeah! Hawkeye wrapped up this year and I really enjoyed that. I haven't read West Coast Avengers by the same writer yet, but odds are I'll like it as well.
-Daron Jensen