Chronology: Birth of the Avengers to Engagement of Reed & Sue

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: Chronology: Birth of the Avengers to Engagement of Reed & Sue

Post by StrayLamb »

vanhornluke wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:13 am You're missing the appearance of the X-Men in Adventures of the X-Men #12 that overlaps with X-Men #1.
vanhornluke wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 am
Col_Fury wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:56 pm Adventures of the X-Men is on the non-canon list in the FAQ.
Yes, most of that series is set in Galacus/Galan's home universe that preceded 616. However, at the end of #12, there is a flashforward to 616, and the 616 X-Men briefly appear. That appearance should be acknowledged by MCP.
Can you give us specifics as to character appearances and a breakdown of the relevant scenes by page and panel numbers for the overlap? Or are the scenes generic?
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
vanhornluke
Major Player
Major Player

Post by vanhornluke »

I'll try to get to that soon, but between working two jobs and being married, I may not have time for a while.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

vanhornluke wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:59 am I'll try to get to that soon, but between working two jobs and being married, I may not have time for a while.
Hey, i'm married, just ask my wife! Only have one paid job, however, and it's casual, so i don't work every day, and the kids all flew the coop years ago. Leaves me with a bit of free time for my pet projects. :D
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

StrayLamb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:22 amMy take on it is that we're in the 8th Cosmos since Secret Wars as per Ultimates², but that this 8th Cosmos has been put back together as though (almost) nothing has changed, unlike previous iterations of the Cosmos, which may have been significantly different. One major difference is that a number of E-1610 residents ended up in E-616, but it now appears that E-1610 also still exists.
OR...

Is a "cosmos" more like a Ragnarok? Ragnaroks happen within a universe... Could cosmos' happen within a universe as well? Meaning, Galactus/Galan has always been from Earth-616, just from a previous "cosmos" from within Earth-616? (I'm sure that wasn't the original intention, but put into context with ULTS², maybe?)

Food for thought, at least.

PS: I also have two jobs, and am married (18 years this year! [we married young]) and volunteer for a non-profit. Where do I find the time? :lol:
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Col_Fury wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:55 am OR...

Is a "cosmos" more like a Ragnarok? Ragnaroks happen within a universe... Could cosmos' happen within a universe as well? Meaning, Galactus/Galan has always been from Earth-616, just from a previous "cosmos" from within Earth-616? (I'm sure that wasn't the original intention, but put into context with ULTS², maybe?)

Food for thought, at least.
Yeah, i'm thinking along those lines myself.
Col_Fury wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:55 amPS: I also have two jobs, and am married (18 years this year! [we married young]) and volunteer for a non-profit. Where do I find the time? :lol:
34 years married this year for me and mine. We both do voluntary non-profit work as well, plus raising funds for the local hospital. It's good to keep busy. :)
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

I've added in some flashbacks and re-arranged some issues of X-Men, Daredevil and Thor, to better reflect publication date and job numbers where available.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

FF #25-26 is the first linewide Marvel crossover. There is a flashback in Fallen Son: Spider-Man which probably takes place durIng that Hulk rampage and which involves Spider-Man. The X-Men live at a distance in Westchester and may be anyway in Santo Marco, Asteroid M or on Magneto's Isle when Hulk rampages.
Since Daredevil doesn't take part in it, it's possible that his origin takes place after FF #25-26 rather than just before.

PS: Per Mark Waid's dialog in DD3 2 that is not the case.
DD, "When the Avengers splashed you into the modern world, do you remember what the page 2 headline was that same day?"
Cap, "Masked "Daredevil" topples Fixer's syndicate."
Last edited by Leoparis on Mon May 25, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Leoparis wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm FF #25-26 is the first linewide Marvel crossover. There is a flashback in Fallen Son: Spider-Man which probably takes place durung that Hulk rampage and which involves Spider-Man. The X-Men live at a distance in Westchester and may be in Santo Marco, Asteroid M or on Magneto's Isle when Hulk rampages.
I read your post on Fallen Son: Spider-Man, which all seems to make sense. Since i haven't read it myself, i didn't want to pre-empt the powers that be until your placement is incorporated into the MCP chronologies.
Leoparis wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm Since Daredevil doesn't take part in it, it's possible that his origin takes place after FF #25-26 rather than just before.
That's a good point. I'll move that in my next update.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

List updated with a few minor tweaks.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

List updated with some minor additions.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Leoparis wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm FF #25-26 is the first linewide Marvel crossover. There is a flashback in Fallen Son: Spider-Man which probably takes place durIng that Hulk rampage and which involves Spider-Man. The X-Men live at a distance in Westchester and may be anyway in Santo Marco, Asteroid M or on Magneto's Isle when Hulk rampages.
Since Daredevil doesn't take part in it, it's possible that his origin takes place after FF #25-26 rather than just before.

PS: Per Mark Waid's dialog in DD3 2 that is not the case.
DD, "When the Avengers splashed you into the modern world, do you remember what the page 2 headline was that same day?"
Cap, "Masked "Daredevil" topples Fixer's syndicate."
List updated to reflect this exciting news! :wink:
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

The recent Fantastic Four 24 shows an untold story: a young Iceman joins the Fantastic Four for a busy day, battling AIM goons (never named), Doombots, Red Ghost and his Super-Apes and the Puppet Master (who''s controlling Giant-Man and Wasp), while the Human Torch briefly quits the team.

I think that this story should be placed just betweeen FF 28 (first meeting between X-Men and Fantastic Four) andh 29 (Red Ghost is defeated on the Moon, he then reappears in Russia without his Super-Apes, that are still on the Moon. Red Ghost will retreive them later, as seen in F.F.2 13).

So I think that we could place FF6-FB here:

Daredevil 3
Avengers 7
Avengers Classic 7/2
Captain America: Man Out of Time 4 (6:3-11)
FF6 24-FB
Strange Tales 123/2
Fantastic Four 29
Journey Into Mystery 107
Strange Tales 124/1 (4:8)-FB
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Cool, thanks! - i'll add that in with the next update.
Troutlaw
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Troutlaw »

I've noticed that Ant-Man stories from Hulk Comic Weekly 48-49 are missing.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Thanks! List updated (finally).