Remembering Bon Scott

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Remembering Bon Scott

Post by StrayLamb »

Bon Scott, front man for AC/DC on their first albums and first national tours, died forty years ago today at the age of 33.

Bon moved to Australia with his family, finally settling in the Perth suburbs in 1956, where he spent his teen years, and formed his first band, The Spektors. Bon went on to join Perth band The Valentines, before moving to Adelaide to join Fraternity, finally becoming the lead singer for AC/DC.

Bon recorded six albums with AC/DC between 1975 and 1979. Some of Bon's work was incorporated into the soundtrack for Iron Man 2, including TNT, Let There be Rock, and Highway to Hell.

Unfortunately, i never got to see Bon perform live, but in the early 1980's i did some maintenance work at an address in the Perth suburb of Applecross, and there on the walls were gold records and other Bon Scott memorabilia. I hadn't realized when i went to the job that it was the home of Bon's parents.

Favorite tracks:
It's a Long Way to the Top When You Want to Rock n Roll
Highway to Hell
TNT
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.