Iron Man in IM3 78-FB

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

michel
Director
Director

Iron Man in IM3 78-FB

Post by michel »

In IM3 76, on page 17, Tony Stark answers a senator saying "Because I'm Iron Man, and I never once took the credit". Next page, the audition is finished. But in IM3 78, on pages 12-13, while rescuing a plane, Tony remembers the following of this conversation.

Does this count for a IM3 78 (12 - 13)-FB-VO, to be put between pages 17 and 18 of IM3 76 ?
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Iron Man in IM3 78-FB

Post by Russ Chappell »

Well, first of all, nice catch.

I think that what we're reading on those two pages needs to be reflected in the Project, I'm just not sure that "FB" is the best way to show it, since what we're seeing on the page isn't a flashback (although Tony may be remembering the conversation at the time).

I'd welcome hearing what everyone thinks, with the caveat that the thoughts of directors weigh more heavily in my mind.

Should the listings reflect this? If so, do we treat it the same as a flashback? If not that, how?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

What If...? we did:

IM3 78-VO-FB

It's a Voice Only appearance, but set in a previous timeframe. The Voice Only is the more important part, so it goes first, and then -FB is added to point out it's not a present-day appearance.

First thought that fell into my head.
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Col_Fury wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:53 pm What If...? we did:

IM3 78-VO-FB

It's a Voice Only appearance, but set in a previous timeframe. The Voice Only is the more important part, so it goes first, and then -FB is added to point out it's not a present-day appearance.

First thought that fell into my head.
Works for me.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Arthur
Director
Director

Post by Arthur »

I'm thinking the opposite ... FB-VO. This is covered in the MCP Stylebook where it states that "Flashbacks can be remembrances of events/dialog, videotapes, audio recordings (with a VO tag), " If we would use FB-VO for an audio recording, it seems to me that we should use the same for an dialog remembrance.