Marvel Timeline

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Marvel Timeline

Post by wolframbane »

My Marvel Timeline is always under construction, but here is some basic info about it. I currently have the Modern Era start in the summer of 0 ME (Year Zero of the Modern Era) with the events of FF #1, 1961. Events from the Modern Era are currently listed from 0 ME to 15 ME. Events in the past are listed with BME (Before the Modern Era) going backwards. Note this is not necessarily meant for direct use with the MCP, but is compatible with it, although some details may vary.

The passage of years are mainly determined by the passage of time charted by references to time and ages refered to in the MU. I have gathered together hundreds of references and always looking for more, so as to give a good general breakdown for the passage of time. For a rough example, lets say FF #1 (vs Mole Man) and FF #2 (vs Skrulls) occur in 0 ME, with Amazing Fantasy #15 (1st Spider-Man) shorty after. FF Annual #17 (Skrull milk causing mutations) is 6 years after FF #2. Thing #8 has Ben's 2nd bar mitzvah 13 years after FF #1. According to Civil War #2, Peter Parker was 15 when he became Spider-Man, and shortly thereafter 16 when he caught the Burglar in ASM #400/3. He would therefore be 17 when he graduated high school early (ASM #28) and entered ESU (ASM #31); I assume an early graduation as he is a genius and got a scholarship. He attended ESU for 4 years, graduating in ASM #185/2, and between his Sophomore (ASM #70) and Junior (ASM #136) years, Gwen Stacy died (ASM #121-122), she and Peter were cloned two years later while Peter was still in ESU (ASM #146-149), then five years after that was the Clone Saga (ASM #394-418). Peter also completed his first year of postgraduate work in ASM #243, dated 1983, the same year as FF Annual #17. I figure Incredible Hulk #1 was about 0 ME, shortly followed by the origin of the Leader, and 15 years after that the spirit of the Leader meets Brian Banner in Immortal Hulk #34. Franklin Richards was born around 2 ME in FF Annual #6, and he turned 8 in Marvel Knights 4 #1, shirtly after the birth of Valeria in FF v3 #54. Valeria turned three in FF #565. From this I have a basic framework of a timeline.

0 ME - FF vs Mole Man, vs Skrulls, Spider-Man origin, Leader origin
1 ME - Peter Parker graduates high school, enters ESU
2 ME - Franklin born, Gwen Stacy killed
4 ME - Clones of Peter and Gwen
5 ME - Peter graduates ESU with degree
6 ME - FF stop Skrull milk mutations, Peter 1st year of postgraduate work
9 ME - Clone Saga
10 ME - Valeria born, Franklin turns 8
13 ME - Thing has second bar mitzvah, Valeria is 3
15 ME - Leader meet Brian Banner

This is just a bare skeleton of an example, but I think you can see the direction it is taking. I have a far more detailed and complex timeline being worked on, involving all the characters in the MU. Note Franklin also has numerous references to his age, most of which fit in very well. Here is a very rough breakdown of how I find the publication dates match the Marvel Years overall, always subject to udates and revision of course.

0 ME - 1961-1962
1 ME - 1963-1967
2 ME - 1968-1973
3 ME - 1974-1974
4 ME - 1975-1977
5 ME - 1978-1980
6 ME - 1981-1983
7 ME - 1984-1987
8 ME - 1988-1994
9 ME - 1995-1999
10 ME - 2000-2003
11 ME - 2004-2004
12 ME - 2005-2006
13 ME - 2007-2010
14 ME - 2011-2015
15 ME - 2016-2020

For Bruce Banner, I can find no direct reference his age, but he is 5 years older than She-Hulk (OHOTMU #9). She was 30 in MGN #18, and 31 in Sensational She-Hulk #4, which I have in 7 ME and 8 ME respectively, thus born in 23 BME, and therefore Bruce in 28 BME. Bruce was beaten by his father once on Christmas when he was four (Incredible Hulk #312) and the winter when he was nine (Order #6). I cannot find an age for when Brian murdered Rebecca, but it would probably be after Bruce was 9, as Bruce would likely not be in custody of Brian after his mother's death. Assuming she died when he was 9, then Bruce was expelled from high school when he was 19, 10 years (IH #78, 2005) after her murder, and he was working for General Ross and killed Brian when he was 24, 15 years (IH #-1) after her murder. I figure age 19 at high school, rather than age 18, is workable as Bruce suffered trauma as a child and may have been academically delayed for a year in a school unable to support his brilliance, but her quickly transferred to Science High School and graduated. He attended four universities between ages 19-24 (not necessarily for the full five years, but occurred during this interim), earning three doctorates. In order they were, according to OHOTMU: Hulk, Desert State U, Pennsylvania State U (where he roomed with Walter Langkowski and only attended one semester), an unknown school where he was educated as a medical doctor, and then California Institute of Technology. He also was apparently a student alongside Tony Stark, who to my knowledge only attended MIT from ages 15-19. I believe MIT also has a medical program, so this could be Banner's unknown medical school, and both the timelines of Banner and Stark's educational years intersect slightly, so this is possibly. The only direct age I could find for Banner at school was he was 20 when he dated Susan Jacobson (IH #377). He also dated Monica Rappucinni, whose daughter Carmilla Black (Scorpion) was born a year later, and is 19 in Amazing Fantasy v2 #1. Bruce was later depicted with General Ross at the time the First Line were destroyed in Marvel: The Lost Generation #12, which was years before FF #1 but still during the time Reed and Sue were dating. Per Marvel Saga #1 and Marvel 75th Anniversary, he was already shown at Gamma Base with Ross and Betty the same day the FF gained their powers, which I have in Summer of 0 ME, per Human Torch #1. So for Bruce:

28 BME - Bruce Banner born
24 BME - Bruce beaten by Brian at Xmas
23 BME - Jennifer Walters born
19 BME - Brian murders Rebecca
9 BME - Bruce expelled from high school, later graduates Science High School
Between 9-4 BME - Bruce attend 4 universities
8 BME - Bruce dates Susan Jacobson, sleeps with Monica Rappucinni
7 BME - Carmilla Black is born
4 BME - Works on Gamma Bomb project with General Ross, kills Brian
2 BME - Works with Ross while First Line destroyed
0 ME - Moves to Gamma Base, meets Betty, becomes Hulk

For General Ross and Betty, their bios are intertwined. Betty was 27 in IH #167 during 3 ME, thus born 24 BME. Thunderbolt Ross has been given four ages/birthdates, with 1939 (1939 Daily Bugle), age 55 (IH #167) in 3 ME, age 67 (IH #291) in 7 ME, and 57 (Immortal Hulk #14) in 15 ME, with the last three giving birthdates of 52 BME, 60 BME and 42 BME respectively. He also graduated West Point at age 26 (Immortal Hulk #14), which is odd as most US Air Force officers go thru 4 years at the USAF Academy, and West Point is US Army, but transfers are not unknown. The truth actually probably harkens back to when Ross was originally introduced in 1962, the US Air Force itself only existed since 1947, prior to that it was a branch of the US Army, and as a General in the Air Force in 1962, he would have started out in the US Army Air Service and attended West Point, and they just retained the West Point portion of his back story despite Marvel Time. Anyways, if he graduated West Point at 26 and his daughter was born early in his military career in 24 BME, his birthdatwe would be around 50 BME, thus from the confirmed dates above, I accept 52 BME as the closest.

Franklin Storm, the father of Sue and Johnny Storm, was a younger childhood friend (Captain America: Patriot #4). According to Hulk #23 (2010), Ross first flew solo at 10, started flying lessons and did his first aerial show at 13, crashed and put in body cast at 16, then walked again a year later. Also he witnessed a plane crash 50 years before 14 ME in Hulk #39 (2011). He graduated West Point, itself normally attended for 4 years, at age 26 (Immortal Hulk #14). Betty, born in 24 BME, came along early in his military career, him having married Karen Lee, daughter of his captain. However, Karen died when Betty was 12 (Hulk #41, 2011); Karen has been shown with her pre-adolescent daughter, so another reference to Karen dying when Betty was only one (IH #466) was probably incorrect. Ross later sent Betty to private school, and she probably graduated at age 18.

With military ranks and chronology, the ranks normally require a linear progression. And the military also uses "Time In Service" (TIS), basically under regular circumstances, an officer needs to have spent a specific minimum period of time in the military before they can attain certain ranks. To attain the rank of Colonel or General normally requires a minimum of 22 years. With that said, it is possible to bypass the with promotion base on numerous factors like meritorious service and battlefield promotions, and include brevet ranks, frocked ranks and acting ranks. Some characters in the MU have ranks much higher than they would under normal conditions for their ages and the amount of time they served (such as Nick Fury, Reed Richards, John Jameson or Frank Castle), but special promotions allow for this. However, in absence of any reference to special promotions or the need to fabricate one to explain why the high ranked character is so young, I tend to go with regular rank promotion TIS. With regard to USAF officers:

Second Lieutenant - 0 years
First Lieutenant - 2 years
Captain - 4 years
Major - 10 years
Lieutenant Colonel - 16 years
Colonel - 22 years
General - Minimum of 22 years, generally promoted from Colonel rank as needed to fill vacancy

For my analysis of Ross' military career, the 22 years needed for him to become a General matched perfectly between his joining the USAF as a Second Lieutenant in 26 BME to him being a General when he met with Bruce Banner in 4 BME, allowing for certain placement and dates to be derived. Also, I derived some additional dates from different sources that line up quite well. The sole acception is Ross as a Major when Betty is born according to Hulk #27 (2011), as this is too early for him to attain this rank, but given the sheer volume of evidence to the contrary I can overlook the discrepency.

He was a (First) Lieutenant when he helped Howard Stark as a member of the Stark Seven six months before Tony Stark and Arno Stark were born in Iron Man #10, 2013, and then just before Arno was born in Iron Man #12, 2013. Tony was 35 years old in Iron Man #500 during 14 ME, so the Stark Seven operated in 22 BME and 21 BME. Ross was a Captain when he left for World War II (OHOTMU:DE #19), which has been retconned to the Siancong War (History of the Marvel Universe #2), and was promoted to the rank of Major while at war (OHOTMU:DE #19). Presumably during his first war, he was for a time briefly reassigned and stationed at the Los Alamos nuclear facility, where Ross first encountered Brian Banner. According to OHOTMU:DE #19, this was between his first and second wars, but it would need to also be before Brian was incarcerated in 19 BME. If he was briefly reassigned, this would allow him to be stationed at Los Alamos after he started service for his first war in 21 BME, but before Brian's incarceration in 19 BME. Ross was still a Major when ensured Bruce Banner was not arrested when expelled from high school (IH #78, 2005) in 9 BME. Note that Ross should have properly been promoted from Major to Lieutenant Colonel in 10 BME, but administrative delays may have postponed it a few months until 9 BME. He eventually becomes a Colonel in 4 BME after 22 years of service. Colonel Ross leads a squadron against the demon Orkosk and is offered the position to replace General Heppe in developing experimental armaments (Hulk #50/2). Colonel Ross is sent to the Korean War (OHOTMU:DE #19), which has also been retconned to the Siancong War (History of the Marvel Universe #2), and promoted to the rank of Brigadier General while at war (OHOTMU:DE #19). Thereafter he assumes his position in armament research, with General Ross meeting with gamma scientist Bruce Banner (IH #-1) in 4 BME. Ross was later depicted with Bruce at the time the First Line were destroyed in Marvel: The Lost Generation #12, which was years before FF #1 but still during the time Reed and Sue were dating in 2 BME. Per Marvel Saga #1 and Marvel 75th Anniversary, he was already shown at Gamma Base with Bruce and Betty the same day the FF gained their powers, which I have in Summer of 0 ME, per Human Torch #1. So for Ross:

52 BME - Ross is born
51 BME - Franklin Storm is born
42 BME - Ross first flies solo
39 BME - Ross start flying lessons, has first aerial show
36 BME - Ross sees plane crash, crashes his own plane later
35 BME - Ross walks again
30 BME - Ross enrolls West Point
26 BME - Ross graduates West Point, joins USAF as Second Lieutenant
24 BME - Betty is born, Ross promoted to First Lieutenant
22 BME - Lieutenant Ross first works with Stark Seven, promoted to Captain
21 BME - Ross again works with Stark Seven, leaves for Siancong War
19 BME - Perhaps Ross first meets Brian Banner at Los Alamos
16 BME - Ross promoted to Major during Siancong War
12 BME - Karen Ross dies of cancer, Ross eventually sends Betty to private school
9 BME - Ross intervenes for Bruce Banner, promoted to Lieutenant Colonel
6 BME - Betty graduates private school
4 BME - Ross promoted to Colonel, kills Orkosk, leaves for Siancong War, promoted to General, meets with Bruce and Brian Banner
2 BME - Ross with Bruce Banner
0 ME - Ross and Bruce Banner work at Desert Base, Bruce becomes Hulk

For the Fantastic Four, their personal histories intertwine majestically. Per Human Torch #1, I have the origin and first appearance of the FF occur in Summer of 0 ME. There is also a reference in Thing #10 that their rocket flight was in Autumn, but I disregard that for now. First off in the letters page of FF #11, which I have placed in 0 ME, Reed and Ben were in their late 30s, Sue in her 20s, and Johnny was 17. For Johnny, I currently have him at 17 when the FF form in 0 ME, and 18 when he enters college immediately after the defeat of Galactus in FF #50, which I place in 1 ME; thus Johnny was born in 17 BME. In OHOTMU #5, he was 9 when his mother died and his father went to prison in FF #32, thus 8 BME. In Before the Fantastic Four #1-3, when they battled Comte St. Germaine, he was 15 and Sue had not yet met Reed again as adults, so 2 BME. A creative reading of Human Torch #1 indicates in June of the year before his Junior high school year, thus his sophomore year, he was showing off his car to kids at his school. It can be assumed the September mentioned thereafter, where he said that during his summer vacation the FF formed and battled the Mole Man and aliens, was his Junior year and therefore Johnny was 16, but it does not explicitely confirm it was September of his "Junior" year, and I take it as September of his Senior year, thus he was age 17 in 0 ME, matching the other evidence. He was a high school junior in FF #233, when Georgie harassed him.

In Marvel Knights 4 #1, Sue mentioned she was 20 when the FF gained their powers in 0 ME, giving her a birthdate of 20 BME. This is of course disregarding the topical birthdate of 196x from FF #605. She and Johnny first met Reed when she was 12 (FF #291), thus 8 BME, when they were living with their aunt Marygay Dinkins and presumably after her father went to prison this same year. She presumably started to attend Columbia at age 18 in 2 BME, where she met Reed again and they started dating. Reed was 11 years (OHOTMU:DE #6) older than Sue, thus born in 31 BME, although OHOTMU #5 rounds it down to 10 years. In FF #11, the late 30s reference for Ben and Reed must actually mean just 30s in 0 ME. The birthdate of 1961 from FF #605 must be disregarded. Also, Nathaniel Richards referred to having son in 1951 (S.H.I.E.L.D. #5), but this may refer to another son. Note that Nathaniel has three other children, Tara (Huntara), her brother who is the ancestor of Kang, and possibly Kristoff Vernard. Reed was 7 when his mother Evelyn died (FF #271), 14 when he started attending colleges (OHOTMU #7), 18 when he started State U and met Ben and Victor and attended 4 years (FF #416/2). While at State U, Reed and Ben capture a Skrull spy (Marvel: The Lost Generation #11) while Reed is still a doctoral student. He is 22 when he earned his first 2 doctorates in physics and electrical engineering (OHOTMU #7). He attended the University of Vienna and met Alyssa Moy (FF #555) and then his first time at Columbia (FF #291) in 8 BME, where he met 12 year old Sue in 8 BME, 11 years younger than him so he was 23. Reed then spent 6 years (OHOTMU #5) working for the military, initially during World War II (FF #11), which has been retconned to the Siancong War (History of the Marvel Universe #2). He would now be age 29 and the year is 2 BME. His father Nathaniel Richards traveled to Earth-6311 (FF #272-273), 3 years before the FF began in 0 ME and 10 years before 7 ME, so in 3 BME, leaving his fortune to Reed, who will eventually use that to fund his warp vessel Marvel-1. After Reed get out of the military in 2 BME, he briefly adventures with Alyssa Moy and clashes with Doom (Before the Fantastic Four: Reed Richards #1-3), starts attending Columbia again where he is both a student and student teacher, becomes reunited with and starts dating Sue. While Reed dates Sue, the First Line die stopping a Skrull invasion (Marvel: The Lost Generation #11), years before the FF form in 0 ME. Reed begins development of the Marvel-1, and battles Kraalo shortly before the launch (FF #271).

Ben was eight when his brother was killed, then ten years later his parents died, but he uncle Jake took him in and got him back into high school, where he earned football scholarship (Thing #10). As he would have been 18 when he returned to school, he would not have been able to attend his regular senior year (age 17 in the fall, age 18 in winter and spring) to recieve a football scholarship as football season is in the fall. He probably attended a year late (age 18 in the fall, age 19 in winter and spring) due to his delinquency, and graduated high school and attended State U at 19. This would make him one year older than Reed, with a birth year of 32 BME. He attended college for 4 years (FF #416/2) from 13-9 BME. Afterwards joining the US Air Force in 9 BME, initially during World War II (FF #11), which has been retconned to the Siancong War (History of the Marvel Universe #2). He eventually became a Captain, a rank he still held by the launch of the Marvel-1 (FF: First Family #1) in 0 ME. The rank of Captain requires a TIS of 4 years, so he was probably promoted in 5 BME. Test pilot Ben Grimm would later fly Logan to meet Dr. Myron MacLain in 3 BME, an adventure that would involve Nick Fury, Carol Danvers and Black Widow, and battled Sabretooth, Silver Fox and Hydra (Wolverine #-1). Logan had himself recently joined Department H "nearly three years" (OHOTMU: Wolverine) before the FF formed, and "soon afterward" (Wolverine: Weapon X Files) met with MacLain. As Ben was a test pilot, he must have taken the test pilot training course at least one year prior to this. Nick Fury and Tony Stark send Ben, Logan and Carol Danvers into Russia and they battle Black Widow (Before the Fantastic Four: Ben Grimm and Logan #1-3); this was sometime prior to Ben's astronaut training in 2 BME, sometime after Tony, born in 21 BME, had graduated from MIT at age 19 (Iron Manual, 2008) in 2 BME, and this was "one of [Wolverine's] earliest missions" with Department H (OHOTMU: Wolverine after 3 BME; thus 2 BME. Note that Ben was a Major in Before the Fantastic Four: Ben Grimm and Logan #1-3, but later would again hold the lower rank of Captain again by FF: First Family #1. And he did not serve long enough to earn a Major rank, which requires a TIS of 10 years, unless it was a special promotion. Either he attained the rank of Captain, recieved a frocked rank of Major early, and then was demoted back to Captain, OR he attained the rank of Captain, recieved an acting rank of Major, which was soon canceled, OR it was just an error. As Ben was a qualified astronaut, he would have begun NASA astronaut training at least two years before the launch of the Marvel-1, so no later than 2 BME. Ben Grimm also once stated that "none a' us four was even born" during "the early '60's" (FF Annual 1998).

Victor von Doom was age 4 when his mother died, 11 when his father died, and 16 when he fled Latveria to attend State U (Books of Doom #1) in 13 BME. This would make him two years younger than Reed, with a birth year of 29 BME. He attended for 3 years, being expelled after three years at the end of his junior year following his accident (Books of Doom #2) in 10 BME. Months later he is reunited with Valeria, months later headed for Tibet (Books of Doom #3), more months searching thru Tibet, and months pouring over ancient parchments, before finding the Monks of Doom (Books of Doom #4), probably the following year in 9 BME. After 5 years with the monks, Doom becomes their master (Books of Doom #4) in 4 BME. He sees a broadcast of Reed discussing his space program (possibly in tandem with the military, whom Reed still works with), forges his armor, conquers Latveria, and dons the royal green robes off of King Vladimir (Books of Doom #4-6), probably in 4 BME. He clashes with Alyssa Moy and Reed over the Claw of Bast (Before the Fantastic Four: Reed Richards #1-3) just after Reed gets out of the military in 2 BME, while Reed is romantically attached to Alyssa, and while wearing his armor and royal green robes (but not his mask). He is later seen putting down a rebellion in Latveria in Marvel 75th Anniversary on the day thee FF launched in space in summer, 0 ME; this scene could be interpreted as Doom conquering Latveria, but here he is depicted already wearing his royal green robes.

51 BME - Franklin Storm is born
32 BME - Ben Grimm is born
31 BME - Reed Richards is born
29 BME - Victor von Doom is born
25 BME - Cynthia von Doom dies
24 BME - Evelyn Richards dies, Daniel Grimm dies
20 BME - Sue Storm is born
18 BME - Werner von Doom dies
17 BME - Reed starts colleges, Johnny Storm is born
14 BME - Ben's parents die, uncle Jake gets him back into school, gets football scholarship
13 BME - Reed, Ben and Victor start State U
10 BME - Victor face damaged, expelled, flees to Europe
9 BME - Reed catches Skrull, Reed and Ben graduate State U, Reed earns two doctorates, attends Vienna, Ben joins USAF, Victor joins Monks of Doom
8 BME - Franklin Storm imprisoned, Reed attends Columbia and meets Sue and Johnny, Reed joins military
5 BME - Ben becomes Captain
4 BME - Doom conquers Latveria, Ben starts test pilot training
3 BME - Ben end test pilot training, meets Logan, Nathaniel Richards disappears
2 BME - Sue and Johnny vs Comte St. Germaine, Ben and Logan vs Black Widow, Ben begins astronaut training, Reed leaves military, Reed and Alyssa vs Doom, Reed and Sue meet again at Columbia, First Line slain, Reed starts warp project
1 BME - Johnny shows off car at school
0 ME - Johnny harassed by Georgie, Ben completes astronaut training, Reed vs Kraalo, FF gain powers, Doom puts down rebellion, FF battle Mole Man and Skrulls
michel
Director
Director

Re: Marvel Timeline

Post by michel »

Very interesting !
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

I compared some of my notes with the one written in this post and I find it a great job. The 88-94 period is particularly compressed, but in fact it makes quite a lot of sense, even according to the developments of the characters in that period (I am thinking of the New Mutants or Jubilee, which in that period of time do not seem to age particularly).
zilch
Hero
Hero

Post by zilch »

Wonderful work!

I've been trying to do the the same thing for the DCU (both Pre- and Post-Crisis, i won't touch Post-Flashpoint) with varying degrees of success. Has the six year undergrad of Peter Parker theory been shoved aside?

What is the last "real world" date that can be used?

Keep up the terrific work!!!

-z
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Midnighter wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:55 pm I compared some of my notes with the one written in this post and I find it a great job. The 88-94 period is particularly compressed, but in fact it makes quite a lot of sense, even according to the developments of the characters in that period (I am thinking of the New Mutants or Jubilee, which in that period of time do not seem to age particularly).
Thanks I appreciate that. The amount of Real Time/Marvel Time conversion is awkward at best. The years are in constant flux, those that I have posted are just the most recent incarnation of my research, but are subject to change as I fill it out with more and more details. And there is slight overlap from one year to the next. There are some that have 7 or 8 real years per Marvel year, and some that only have one, but I will update it as information becomes available.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

michel wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:31 pm Very interesting !
Thank you!!
Last edited by wolframbane on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

zilch wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:25 pm I've been trying to do the the same thing for the DCU (both Pre- and Post-Crisis, i won't touch Post-Flashpoint) with varying degrees of success.
Feel free to PM me. I can send you a lot of my resources for that, including all of DC's official timelines. While I always loved DC, their constant Crisis events and rebooting of continuity has caused so much of their history to be lost. And from what I know, much of Flashpoint has now been rebooted with Rebirth, which may soon be rebooted by 5G. With Marvel, there is a grace in that they maintain their continuity.
zilch wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:25 pm Has the six year undergrad of Peter Parker theory been shoved aside?
I believe the six year undergrad idea was invented by George Olshevsky, the writer of The Official Marvel Index series in the 1980s, for Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers, X-Men and Marvel Team-Up. He was one of the original inspirations for my Marvel Timeline (and the MCP's own Marvel Calendar is a continuation of it), but his interpretation of events was different from my own. He used the idea of timeline compression, but it was close to a 1:2 scale by the 1980s, but it does not quite work in regards to Marvel's more recent 10-15 year compression for the past 60 or so years. Not that I am knocking his interpretation, as it is great. My version is different, and for the most part I disregard his conclusions, including the need for Peter Parker's six year undergrad program. For my version, I use a more standard four year college program, from 1-5 ME, with his graduation from high school at age 17.
zilch wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:25 pm What is the last "real world" date that can be used?
I have it up to about 2019-2020. Perhaps the most recent major date reference has been IMMORTAL HULK #34, 2020, which is "fifteen years" after the accident that created the Leader.
zilch wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:25 pm Keep up the terrific work!!!
Thank you!!
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

For Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers, constructed a rough timeline for her early years until her first appearance as the new Security Chief at Cape Canaveral in MARVEL SUPER-HEROES #13, 1968. She was born Car-Ell or Carol Danvers, the half-human/half-Kree daughter of Joe Danvers and Mari-Ell. At the the end of summer, she joined the US Air Force the day after her 18th birthday, probably late summer or early fall, in MS. MARVEL #19, 1978. Her first years with the USAF, from training to pilot to spy, occur over a very short period of time, as her appearance in LOGAN: SHADOW SOCIETY, 1997, in which she states she is too young to drink in most states and thus no older than 20, results in Logan discovering he is a mutant. As a direct result of this Mutant Agenda, Logan spirals downward, shooting another agent by mistake on starting on "5/11" (MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #72, 1991), or May 11, and shortly after being abducted in the Yukon and experimented on by Weapon X "nearly ten years" (WOLVERINE SAGA, 2009) before joining the X-Men in 4 ME, thus 6 BME. Thus the events of LOGAN: SHADOW SOCIETY occur around early May, 6 BME, and Logan departs for the Yukon "one month" later, where Weapon X abducts him.

For Carol to have gone from an 18 year old recruit to become a pilot with the rank of Major, she would have to have undergone Basic Military Training (BMT) for eight and a half weeks and attain the enlisted rank of Airman, then be trained for their appropriate technical training school for the Air Force Specialty Code, which lasts from one month to over two years depending on the Specialty; as her Specialty is unknown, I will assume one month. Then she will need to undergo Officer Training School (OTS) for nine and a half weeks to become a Second Lieutenant. Note that a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite to attend OTS, but she had joined the army to get a college education, and although she would get one in her later years in the USAF, she does not have one at this time; although pretty much impossible to become a USAF officer without a college degree (or Air Force Academy or AFROTC), but as the circumstances do not allow her to receive it immediately within the limited time, I am going to assume unrevealed circumstances allowed for this on the provision she worked for her BA later. After OTS, she would require Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training (SUPT) of 52 weeks. And following that, she would have to be promoted from Second Lieutenant to Major, a process that normally takes 10 years, but through special promotions for meritorious service, she could get the rank of Major in a comparatively short period of time. In total, from raw recruit to USAF officer and pilot would take a minimum of one year, five months minimum, plus a little extra time to be promoted to Major. So if she enlisted in late summer/early fall of her 18th year, she would potential attain this shortly after February or so of her 20th year.

Sometime thereafter, Major Danvers flew an experimental Stark S-73 stealth aircraft near Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. The aircraft is shot down, she is then taken captive by Ghazi Rashid for 3 days, escapes and recovers for 3 weeks, and then immediately after joins Air Force Intelligence with Colonel Michael Rossi, working together for eight months before completing their first mission in Berlin. This 9 month period fits well somewhere within the 15 month period between the aforementioned February of her 20th year, and May of her 21st year (during which she is still 20 going on 21), or the aforementioned May of 6 BME. Thus she turned 21 in late summer/early fall, 6 BME, and thus born in late summer/early fall, 27 BME. And this mission was probably from 7-6 BME. Carol had "spent [almost] ten years as a top field agent for Air Force Intelligence" (MARVEL FANFARE #24/2, 1986) before becoming security chief at Cape Canaveral in 2 ME.

Before the Stark S-73 mission, she encountered Tony Stark and there was mention of Iron Man. This is an anachronism, as this is immediately before she is recruited as a USAF Intelligence agent, and her activities with Air Force Intelligence included two with the human Ben Grimm, whose transformation into the Thing preceded the debut of Iron Man. Also, Tony was age 35 in IRON MAN #500, 2011 in 13 ME, giving him a birthdate of 22 BME. So in 7 BME, Tony would only be age 15. Having him as an adolescent is a perceivable stretch, perhaps already attending MIT, and if not necessarily the full designer of the S-73, his innate technological knowledge could definitely have contributed to it. The reference to Iron Man, however, must be disregarded.

Among her other activities as a spy include her, Nick Fury and Natasha Romanoff protecting Logan from Sabretooth and Hydra as he visited Dr. Myron MacLain (WOLVERINE #-1, 1997). Logan had recently joined Department H, "nearly three years" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: WOLVERINE, 2004) before the FF formed in 0 ME, "soon afterward" (WOLVERINE: WEAPON X FILES, 2009) meeting with MacLain; thus 3 BME. She, Ben Grimm and Logan are sent by Nick Fury and Tony Stark to Russia and they battle Natasha Romanoff (BEFORE THE FANTASTIC FOUR: BEN GRIMM AND LOGAN #1-3, 2000). This was sometime prior to Ben's astronaut training in 2 BME, probably sometime after Tony, born in 22 BME, had graduated from MIT at age 19 (IRON MANUAL, 2008) in 3 BME, and this was "one of [Wolverine's] earliest missions" with Department H (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: WOLVERINE, 2004) after 3 BME; thus 3 or 2 BME. As "Major Danvers," she was back to flying and witnessed the launch of Marvel-1 on the the "day" (MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSAEY CELEBRATION, 2014) the FF gained their powers in summer, 0 ME. Logan and Rossi break Carol out of Lubyanka, as "Wolverine had just broken me out of a Russian prison" (MARVEL FANFARE #24/2, 1986) just before becoming security chief at Cape Canaveral in 2 ME; reference to "eight years" (UNCANNY X-MEN #182, 1984) before 7 ME was erroneous. Carol becomes youngest NASA Security Chief (MS. MARVEL #5, 1977). Carol had "spent [almost] ten years as a top field agent for Air Force Intelligence" (MARVEL FANFARE #24/2, 1986) before becoming security chief at Cape Canaveral in 2 ME. Carol first meets Captain Mar-Vell (MARVEL SUPER-HEROES #13, 1968) as the "newly-appointed security chief at Cape Canaveral" in 2 ME.

CAPTAIN MARVEL'S TIMELINE
27 BME - Carol is born (current age 42)
9 BME - Carol joins USAF, begins extensive training
7 BME - Carol meets Stark, seemingly kills Ghazi, joins Intelligence with Rossi
6 BME - Berlin mission with Rossi, Mutant Agenda mission
3 BME - Carol, Fury, Natasha Romanoff protect Logan from Sabretooth and Hydra at Dr. Myron MacLain
2 BME - Carol, Ben Grimm and Logan adventure in Russia
0 ME - Winesses launch of Marvel-1
2 ME - Freed from Lumbyanka, becomes new Security Chief at Cape Canaveral
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

The only inconsistency I find (I wrote about it in this topic: http://www.chronologyproject.com/phpbb2 ... 23&p=60307 ) is that Logan meets Carol Danvers for the first time in Wolverine -1, and in Logan: Shadow Society the two already know each other.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

The Handbooks do go a ways to explain this. Even outside of Logan's often fractured and reprogrammed memories, he and other agents are often under orders to act a certain way with certain individuals or on missions. Maybe they do know each other at certain points, maybe they do not, maybe they are programmed to believe they do or not, maybe they have temporary amnesia, maybe they are under orders, maybe they intentionally hold back information for whatever reason. Part of it can be summed up in Wolverine #-1.

Fury: You don't know Special Agent Carol Danvers here, but you and me go back a ways. You sayin' the name Nick Fury don't ring a bell with you?
Logan: Not even a faint tinkle.
Danvers: He's playing by the rules Nick -- the same we play by in the CIA. Plausible deniability!

Primarily if an issue with story order is in question, I refer to the various Handbooks for clarification.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

For Charles Xavier and Logan, when Logan escaped from the Weapon X facility, was there a story where Xavier was behind the scenes, telepathically communicating with Logan or something? I seem to recall this but am drawing a blank. Does anyone recall this detail?

Upon further thought, this may have actually been the scene in Marvel Comics Presents where he was undergoing an escape simulation, and there was "radio chatter" with the Professor (not Professor X though), but I am uncertain.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Marvel Timeline (Charles Xavier)

Post by wolframbane »

For the Timeline of Professor X/Charles Xavier, his parents were Brian and Sharon Xavier, "who had worked on the first A-bomb project" (X-MEN #1, 1963), the Manhattan Project. Other Marvel characters who worked on the Manhattan Project were Howard Stark and Lord Moses. It is possible Sharon did not however, as she was a "twenty-seven-year old" when Charles was only "a ten-year-old boy" (UNCANNY X-MEN #309, 1994). Brian was born on "Aug 27" (X-MEN #12, 1992). Charles Xavier killed his twin sister Cassandra Nova in the womb (NEW X-MEN #121, 2002). Brian died at Alamogordo on "Oct 12" (X-MEN #12, 1992), when Charles was either "seven" (X-MEN: LEGACY #211, 2008) or "only nine" (X-MEN #12, 1992). Kurt Marko married Sharon Xavier "months" (X-MEN #12, 1965) after the death of Brian. Charles saw Alexander Ryking for the last time "after my father died" when he was "Eight? Nine?" (X-MEN #12, 1992). He then saw Kurt beating his mother when he was "a ten-year-old boy" (UNCANNY X-MEN #309, 1994). He realized he was a mutant when "it wasn't long after [Kurt] Marko's death" (X-MEN #12, 1965) and was "only eleven years old" when he "discovered he was x-gene positive one day at the end of August" (NEW X-MEN #123, 2002); thus he was also 11 when Kurt died. He finds solace in his swimming pool at "the age of thirteen" (X-MEN #-1, 1997). Charles attends "Harvard" at "fifteen" (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005). He was "graduatin' Harvard at sixteen" (FIRST X-MEN #1, 2012) and "graduated college with honors at sixteen" (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005), but reference that he "graduated high school at the age of 16" (MARVEL ENCYCLOPEDIA #2, 2003) was erroneous. He "entered Bard College" at "16 years of age" and "earned his bachelor's degree in biology within 2 years" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #8, 1983), as well as "three Ph.Ds by eighteen" (FIRST X-MEN #1, 2012), possibly one of them in psychology (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: X-MEN, 2004). At Bard, he was friends with John Grey (BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27, 1981) and possible Curt Connors, "a friend from my undergraduate days" (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS #2, 2006). He was then "accepted as a graduate student by England's Oxford University" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #8, 1983). Charles "earned degrees in genetics and biophysics" both "at the same time" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #8, 1983) and spent "two years at Oxford" (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005). Mister Sinister was secretly one of his professors (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005). At Oxford he was engaged to Moira, when Charles met Logan, Victor Creed and Holly Bright/Holo, an "eighteen year-old" (FIRST X-MEN #1, 2012).

Jamie Madrox was born on "September 7," and "two weeks later" (GIANT-SIZE FANTASTIC FOUR #4, 1975), Charles suggested that his family move to an isolated farm. When Jamie was 21 he encountered the Fantastic Four in 3 ME; thus he was born in 18 BME. Charles probably conferred with the Madrox family in later September, 18 BME, after his return from Oxford to America, and prior to his deployment to Korea.

After Oxford, Charles was "nineteen," approaching twenty, when he "enlisted" (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005) in the US Army as "Private Xavier" (FIRST X-MEN #3, 2012). Charles fought during "the Korean War" (X-MEN #12, 1965), later retconned to "the decades-long Siancong War" (HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #2, 2019). He witnessed Cain Marko become Juggernaut in Korea (X-MEN #12, 1965), and then as "Private Xavier," he gets a temporary stateside position after alleged death of Cain, while Holo is still "eighteen" (FIRST X-MEN #3, 2012). "Private" Xavier meets Fred Duncan, while Holo is still "eighteen" (FIRST X-MEN #4, 2013), and helps Logan's team escape (FIRST X-MEN #5, 2013); this was all probably only months after leaving Oxford, as Holo was consistently eighteen. During the war, he befriended psychiatrist Daniel Shomron (UNCANNY X-MEN #161, 1982). Sometime after, he attended "O.C.S." or Officer Candidate School, and received "commission" (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005) as an officer. As "Captain Xavier," he, Logan and Carmen Pryde served together before he received the wound "that ended my military career" (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005) after being at war for "three years" (X-MEN #117, 1979). After the war, Charles was age 23, went to Kirinos (X-MEN #117, 1979) continued his wanderings.

In Cairo, Egypt, Charles met a young Ororo Munroe and battled Amahl Farouk (X-MEN #117, 1979) "[over] twenty years" (NEW MUTANTS #34, 1985) before 7 ME; the date is late 15 BME, and "weeks" (X-MEN #41, 1995) before Charles met time traveling X-Men and Legion in 14 BME. In Haifa, Israel, he awakens Gabrielle Haller and befriends Magnus in "spring, 20 years" before 6 ME, and battles Strucker "weeks" (UNCANNY X-MEN #161, 1982) later, and "[nearly] a quarter-century"(UNCANNY X-MEN #200, 1985) before 7 ME; the year is 14 BME. During LegionQuest, time traveling X-Men and Legion arrived during this time "[over] twenty years" (X-MEN #40, 1995) before 9 ME, diverging the Age of Apocalypse of Earth-295, and "weeks" after Charles met young Ororo in Cairo (X-MEN #41, 1995) in 15 BME. Legion/David Haller was born to Charles Xavier and Gaby Haller, and when Gaby was pregnant, Charles left "a short time later" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z UPDATE #2, 2010). David was traumatized at "ten" (NEW MUTANTS #26, 1985), by a terrorist attack "nine years" (NEW MUTANTS #28, 1985) before 7 ME; therefore David was born in 12 BME, and Gaby probably got pregnant in 13 BME. Gaby herself was born no later than 1935; she was "age 10" (UNCANNY X-MEN #161, 1982) when brought to Dachau, which was liberated in 1945.

Due to his interactions with violent mutants Amahl Farouk and Magnus, Charles wanders the world seeking out mutants between 13 BME and 9 BME, encountering vampire Raizo Kodo in Africa (X-MEN #11, 2011) and searching for other mutants with Namor, his memory partially restored, in America (INVADERS #4, 2019), during which he almost encountered Logan who used his claws.

Near the Hindu Kush mountains, Charles is paralysed by Lucifer and cannot walk for "over fifteen years" (UNCANNY X-MEN #167, 1983) before 6 ME. Tessa finds Charles crippled in late autumn, as "winter hadn't arrived yet, but it was close" and "perhaps twenty years ago" (X-TREME X-MEN #44, 2004) before 11 ME. Lucifer also begins to build a thermal bomb "ten years" (X-MEN #9, 1965) before 1 ME. Thus the date is late autum, 9 BME. He is taken to a hospital, where nurse Amelia Voght rehabilited him over a period longer than "two weeks," and "about three months later" (UNCANNY X-MEN #309, 1994) they share an apartment in Bombay as Charles designs Cerebro; the date is spring, 8 BME. Charles and Amelia return to his mansion in America. Tessa was "just prior to her teenage years" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: X-MEN, 2005) when she found Charles, so born 21 BME. Amelia was a registered nurse, so probably a college graduate, thus born no later than 31 BME.

Jean Grey was age 24 on her gravestone (X-MEN #138, 1980) in 5 ME, thus born 19 BME. In "late summer" when she was "ten years old," Jean withdrew from the world when Annie died, but Charles, "just back from the Near East, recovering from a terrible accident," helps Jean recover when she was "an eleven-year old" (BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27, 1981), she would have withdrawn in 9 BME and recovered in 8 BME. Also, Juggernaut escaped from the cave in Korea when Jean was a "freshman" (X-MEN FOREVER #3, 2001, so in 5-4 BME.

Charles, with Amelia by his side, makes preparations to transform the mansion into a school for mutants, during the period between returning from overseas in 8 BME to recruiting Scott Summers in 3 BME. He attends classes at Columbia University in New York and earns his PhD in anthropology (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #8, 1983) while living with Amelia at the (UNCANNY X-MEN #309, 1994), then spends "the next several years" earning his MD in psychiatry at a university in London, England, renews contact with Moira about starting a school, returned to Columbia as a visiting professor while working on Project Mutant (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #8, 1983) with Karl Lykos (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: DELUXE EDITION #10, 1986) and Moira MacTaggert.

Charles tutors Jean in her telepathy and they contact Scott, born in 20 BME, in "autumn" of 5 BME, having spent "the past five years" at the orphanage since age 10 (CLASSIC X-MEN #42/2, 1989). Charles attempted to recruit Wanda and Pietro shortly before Magneto (UNCANNY ORIGINS #2, 1996), then later he and Amelia met Magneto, Wanda and Pietro at Auschwitz (X-MEN #-1, 1997); date was unknown but sometime before Amelia left Charles so before 3 BME. He telepathically warned Warren Worthington of danger (ANGEL: REVELATIONS #4, 2008) in April, 2 BME. Charles met Shanna O'Hara in Chicago IN "1969" (SHANNA THE SHE-DEVIL #5, 1973), or topically 4 years before 2 ME, thus 2 BME. Charles and Moira failed to recruit the teenage Emma Frost (X-MEN ORIGINS: EMMA FROST #1, 2010), sometime before she left home when disiherited "a year" before she was "sweet sixteen" (GENERATION X #-1, 1997), which was 11 years before she was "only twenty-seven" (NEW X-MEN #138, 2003) in 10 ME; thus 2 BME. He corresponded with Bruce Banner "years ago" (X-MEN #66, 1970) before 2 ME, perhaps in 0 ME (and no earlier than when he began his gamma research in 4 BME), and probably before he became Hulk.

Scott was recruited by Charles when he was "age 17," and the X-Men first battled Magneto when Cyclops was "age 21" (X-MEN ORIGINS: CYCLOPS #1, 2010) in 1 ME. Therefore Charles recruited Scott in 3 BME, and Amelia left the "first night" Scott arrived at the mansion (UNCANNY X-MEN #309, 1994), with the following X-Men recruited in the order of Iceman, Angel and Beast. As Beast was shown as an X-Man in summer, 0 BME (MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION #1, 2014), working backwards Beast was recruited in "fall" (MARVEL SAGA #10, 1986) of 1 BME, Angel in "winter" (X-MEN #55/2, 1969) of 1 BME, and Iceman in "fall" (X-MEN #44/2, 1968) of 2 BME. Charles was later teaching Jean her telekinetic powers (MARVEL SAGA #1, 1985) and was with Scott, Bobby and Hank at the school (MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION #1, 2014) on the same day the FF launched into space in summer, 0 ME (HUMAN TORCH #1, 2003). Charles met with Cable, who provided advanced technology for the mansion (CABLE #45, 1997), which was shortly after Cable clashed with Vulture (WOLVERINE/CABLE, 1999), which itself was shortly before Vulture battled Spider-Man (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2, 1963) in 0 ME. After Jean joined as Marvel Girl, they fought Magneto (X-MEN #1) in 1 ME, which was also 12 years (CIVIL WAR: BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT #1, 2007) before 13 ME.

For Moira MacTaggert, the Timeline of her tenth life was shown in HOUSE OF X #2, 2019. Most of her timeline matches up with my own analysis, although a more in depth analysis of issues published post-2000 is needed. Moira Year 52 equates to 15 ME on my timeline, the rest of the dates being adjusted as needed. Moira Year 1 should properly be Moira Year 0 as this is the year she was born, and the other Moira Year numbers match up with her actual ages. Moira entered Oxford at Moira Year 16/21 BME, and met Charles at Oxford in Moira Year 17/20 BME, which matches the date for Charles, allowing him to spend "years" (X-MEN #117, 1979) with Moira while attending Oxford for "two years" (EXCALIBUR #14, 2005). Proteus was born in Moira Year 31/6 BME, which matches with Proteus being "ten years old" (ASTONISHING X-MEN #8, 2018) when he was killed by Colossus (X-MEN #128, 1979) in 5 ME. Note that prior references to Moira having separated from Joe for "twenty years," her assault "all those years ago" (X-MEN #127, 1979), and Proteus having "waited half his life" in cell for "ten years" (X-MEN #128, 1979) until his release by Magneto in 5 ME may now be erroneous. Moira also earned her PhD (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: BOOK OF THE DEAD, 2004), probably 4 years after entering Oxford in 21 BME.

YEAR 1 (37 BME) - Moira Kinross born
YEAR 13 (24 BME) - MUTANT MANIFESTATION
YEAR 16 (21 BME) - Moira enrolls at Oxford
YEAR 17 (20 BME) - Moira meets Xavier
YEAR 25 (12 BME) - Moira marries Joseph MacTaggert
YEAR 27 (10 BME) - Moira founds the Muir Research Institute
YEAR 28 (9 BME) - Moira wins Nobel Prize
YEAR 31 (6 BME) - Moira gives birth to Proteus
YEAR 43 (6 ME) - Moira and Xavier recruit Magneto (after UNCANNY X-MEN #153, 1982)
YEAR 47 (10 ME) - Moira/Xavier/Magneto schism (X-MEN #1-3, 1999)
YEAR 48 (11 ME) - Moira fakes death (Shi'ar golem) (X-MEN #108, 2001)
YEAR 49 (12 ME) - Genocide at Genosha (NEW X-MEN #115-116, 2001)
YEAR 52 (15 ME) - House of X (HOUSE OF X #1, 2019)

At this point, it is possible to determine the birth date of Charles Xavier. He was age 23 when discharged from the Army, and sometime thereafter encountered Ororo and Amahl Farouk in late 15 BME, followed by Gaby and Magnus in spring, 14 BME. This would provide him and his twin Cassandra Nova with a minimum birthdate of 38 BME. Also he spent two years at Oxford from 20 BME to 18 BME, and Moira met him there in 20 BME, and they attended Oxford together for years. Charles was "only eleven years old" when he "discovered he was x-gene positive one day at the end of August -- [over] thirty years ago" (NEW X-MEN #123, 2002) in 10 ME. Cassandra would survive "[over] forty years" (NEW X-MEN #126, 2002) clinging to a sewer as she regained her strength by 10 ME.

1935 - Gaby born
1945 - Gaby at Dachau
55 BME - Sharon is born
43 BME - Cain is born
40 BME - Marjory Marko dies
38 BME - Charles and Cassandra born
37 BME - Moira is born
36 BME - Holo is born
31 BME - Amelia Voght is born
29 BME - Brian died, Sharon married Kurt, Carles last sees Alexander Ryking
28 BME - Charles sees Kurt beating Sharon
27 BME - Toad is born, Cain met Toad, Kurt died, Charles realizes he is a mutant
25 BME - Charles finds solace in pool
24 BME - Moira powers manifest
23 BME - Charles attend Harvard
22 BME - Charles graduated Harvard, enrolls Bard
21 BME - Moira enrolls Oxford, Tessa is born
20 BME - Charles graduated Bard, enrolls Oxford, meets Moira, Scott born
19 BME - Jean is born
18 BME - Cain in Army, Charles meets Logan team, graduated Oxford, confer with Madrox family, enlists Army, Cain becomes Juggernaut, Charles rescues Logan team
17 BME - Emma Frost born, Emma earns PhD in genetics
15 BME - Charles, Logan, Carmen Pryde in unit, Charles leaves army, wanders to Kirinos, meets Ororo and Amahl Farouk in Egypt
14 BME - Charles meets Gaby and Magnus in Israel, battles Strucker
13 BME - Gaby gets pregnant
12 BME - Moira marries Joe MacTaggert, David is born
10 BME - Moira founds Muir Research Institute
9 BME - Moira wins Nobel Prize, Jean withdraws, Charles crippled by Lucifer, meets Tessa and Amelia
8 BME - Charles and Amelia live togther in Bombay, they return to mansion, he helps Jean recover
6 BME - Proteus is born, Logan escaps Weapon X Program
5 BME - Charles and Jean telepathically meet Scott
4 BME - Juggernaut escaped cave in Korea
3 BME - Charles and Amelia meets Magneto at Auschwitz, recruits Scott, Amelia leaves
2 BME - Charles warns Warren, recruits Bobby, fails to recruit Emma Frost, met Shanna O'Hara, David becomes catatonic
1 BME - Charles recruits Warren, Hank
0 ME - Charles corresponds with Bruce Banner, trains Jean, shows school to Scott, Bobby and Hank, Cable provides tech
1 ME - X-Men vs Magneto
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

wolframbane wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:45 pm For Charles Xavier and Logan, when Logan escaped from the Weapon X facility, was there a story where Xavier was behind the scenes, telepathically communicating with Logan or something? I seem to recall this but am drawing a blank. Does anyone recall this detail?

Upon further thought, this may have actually been the scene in Marvel Comics Presents where he was undergoing an escape simulation, and there was "radio chatter" with the Professor (not Professor X though), but I am uncertain.
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the "Original Sin" crossover between Wolverine: Origins (#29-30) and X-Men: Legacy (#217-218). There were also prelude issues in W:O 26-28 and X-Men: Original Sin #1.
-Daron Jensen
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Col_Fury wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:49 pm
wolframbane wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:45 pm For Charles Xavier and Logan, when Logan escaped from the Weapon X facility, was there a story where Xavier was behind the scenes, telepathically communicating with Logan or something? I seem to recall this but am drawing a blank. Does anyone recall this detail?

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the "Original Sin" crossover between Wolverine: Origins (#29-30) and X-Men: Legacy (#217-218). There were also prelude issues in W:O 26-28 and X-Men: Original Sin #1.
I do believe you are right, thanks Fury.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Marvel Timeline (Banshee)

Post by wolframbane »

For Banshee (Sean Cassidy), Siryn (Theresa Cassidy) and Black Tom Cassidy. Establishing some of the cornerstone dates, Banshhe first appeared (X-MEN #28, 1967) in 1 ME, Black Tom (X-MEN #101, 1976) in 4 ME, and Siryn (SPIDER-WOMAN #37, 1981) in 6 ME. Theresa was "twelve" when Tom put her in a boarding school, "thirteen" when she had her first drink, "fifteen" when Tom was arrested by Sean, and he was in prison "five years" (X-FORCE #31, 1994) before his release, when he teamed up with Juggernaut (X-MEN #101, 1976) in 4 ME. Thus Theresa was born in 16 BME, and her mother Maeve died later in "summer" (X-FORCE #91, 1999) shortly thereafter. Maeve was in "her first month of pregnancy" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #13, 1984) when Sean went on an Interpol mission for "about a year and a half" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #10, 1983), so Sean started the mission in 17 BME and ended it in 15 BME.

Sean joined Interpol, which has an age requirement of 18, and Sean also had a "Bachelor of Science" (OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #13, 1984) at Trinity College, so he was at least age 22 when he joined. Sean was "a promising new agent of Interpol" (X-MEN ANNUAL #3/2, 1994) when Hydra abducted Patrick Lipton. He met Maeve "shortly after I'd begun working as an undercover agent for Interpol" (X-FORCE #91, 1999). He and Tom, "his older cousin" who had attended "Oxford," first met Maeve in "September," but Maeve was in love with Sean by "spring" (CLASSIC X-MEN #16/2, 1987). Sean and Maeve soon married, and afterwards Tom became a mercenary and criminal (X-FORCE #31, 1994), eventually befriending fellow criminal Cain Marko before he became the Juggernaut and was trapped in a cave in Korea in 18 BME, per Professor X's timeline. Thus the minimum dates for Sean and Tom to be born are 41 BME and 42 BME respectively, with Sean graduating Trinity, joining Interpol, lost Patrick Lipton, and met Maeve in September, all in 19 BME, fell in love with Maeve in spring, married her, Tom became a mercenary, befriended Cain who became Juggernaut, all in 18 BME.

Sean is saved from crimelord Almadovar by Deadpool, during a time when Amahl Farouk is still alive, so before 15 BME; his partner Peyer said "We've been settong up this bust for a year," and Sean said "Needed t' go my own way after my wife died," so it is possible this was the long mission that he was on when he was separated from his wife, but when Peyer states "we're finished at Interpol" (DEADPOOL #2, 1994), he was probably mistaken. Sean and Logan later discuss their encounter at the Hotel St. Cecil "twenty years" and "20 years" (CLASSIC X-MEN #26/2, 1988) in 5 ME, thus 15 BME; this was after the death of Maeve and before Logan met Jamie Hudson. Sean met Erik Lenssher while hunting a serial killer "twenty years" (GENERATION X #10, 1995) before 9 ME, and caught Arkady Rossovich "nearly twenty years" (GENERATION X #11, 1996) before 9 ME, thus 11 BME. Juggernaut escaped the cave in Korea in 4 BME, per Professor X's timeline. Sean was working briefly with the NYPD when he met Emma Frost, then "sixteen" (GENERATION X #-1, 1997), which was 11 years before she was "only twenty-seven" (NEW X-MEN #138, 2003) in 10 ME, thus 1 BME.

42 BME - Tom born
41 BME - Sean born
20 BME - Tom graduated Oxford
19 BME - Sean graduated Trinity, joins Interpol, lost Patrick Lipton, met Maeve
18 BME - Sean married Maeve, Tom became mercenary, befriends Cain, Cain becomes Juggernaut
17 BME - Sean goes on 18 month mission, Maeve a month pregnant
16 BME - Theresa born, Maeve died
15 BME - Sean returns from mission, Sean saved by Deadpool, Sean and Logan at Hotel St. Cecil
11 BME - Sean catches Arkady
4 BME - Juggernaut escaped cave in Korea, Theresa sent to private school
3 BME - Theresa starts drinking
1 BME - Sean arrests Tom, Theresa alcoholic, Sean meets Emma Frost
1 ME - X-Men meet Banshee
4 ME - Sean joins X-Men, Black Tom and Juggernaunt vs X-Men, Theresa
6 ME - Siryn appears