SAVSCO 59/2 & 76/2

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

SAVSCO 59/2 & 76/2

Post by Col_Fury »

I forgot about this. Now's as good a time as any to take care of it:

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #59 (December 1980)
2nd Story:
By Roy Thomas & Ernie Chan

APPEARANCES:
Conan (bts, leading army against Baron of Torh), Gault (son of Hagar), Otho (son of Gorm, one of Conan’s soldiers), Baron Brocas (of Torh, bts, leading army against Conan), Lord Valerian (friendly with Picts, also in fb), Shondara residents (inc Hakon (son of Strom) & his men, Dirk (Hakon’s brother)), Picts (inc Teyanoga, witch of Scandaga (Valerian’s lady friend, in fb)), a chakon (ape-like creature, also in fb), massive serpent, King Numedides (mentioned), Jon (son of Galter, Gault’s friend, mentioned), Brant (son of Dagon, mentioned)

FLASHBACK:
A woman breaks Lord Valerian out of jail, and he sends his trained chakon to kill Gault.
SYNOPSIS:
Gault watches a Pict ceremony where a shaman swaps the minds of a Pict and a serpent; he then kills both. Gault recognizes the shaman as Teyanoga, who killed his friend Jon. Gault shoots the shaman with an arrow and escapes. He runs into Otho, one of Conan’s scouts, and learns Hakon is in Shondara. Arriving at the town, Gault eventually finds Hakon and gives him a message from Brant; his village is willing to join Conan’s forces in the civil war. He then spots a guy he saw hanging out with the Picts and exposes him; Valerian is tossed in jail. That night Gault is attacked by a chakon, but he kills it. They go to the jail to find Valerian missing, and a drunk tells them what he saw. They leave to find Valerian at the cabin on Lynx Creek…

NOTE:
Based on “Wolves Beyond the Border” by REH & L. Sprague deCamp.

Gault was a child at the time of SAVSCO 26-27.

To be continued!

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #76 (May 1982)
2nd Story:
By Roy Thomas & Ernie Chan

APPEARANCES:
Gault, Hakon & his men, Lord Valerian & his men, Picts (inc Teyanoga, Kwarda (witch of Scandaga))

SYNOPSIS:
Gault and Hakon watches while Lord Valerian meets with Teyanoga and the Picts. They attack but Valerian and his witch lady Kwarda escape. Gault and Hakon prepare to give chase…

NOTE:
Adapted from “Wolves Beyond the Border” by REH & L. Sprague deCamp.

To be continued! Oh wait, as far as I can tell this is as far as they got. Oops. CONAN SAGA 91's entry for this story says "adaptation soon to be completed." Oops.

The letters page has a missive from the same guy as COB 122, from the city I live in. I guess he was a letterhack like I was.

Chronologies!

BARON BROCAS
SAVSCO 59/2-BTS

CONAN
……
SAVSCO 48
**[SAVSCO 59/2] (delete)
**[SAVSCO 76/2] (delete)
*SAVSCO 59/2-BTS
SAVSCO 49
……

GAULT