Nexus War

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Marvel/Fortnite Game Crossover Digital Comic set in continuity

Post by Midnighter »

Wolverine 5 is a sort of tie-in. In a page after the credits page Wolverine is seen taken by the rainbow bridge, while a voice tells him that is needed elsewhere (is Lady Sif VO?), then after a panel he is back...

Nexus War should be printed as a back-up of Fantastic Four 24.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: Nexus War

Post by StrayLamb »

Nexus War may not be able to be in continuity. For Thor, the Nexus War occurs during Thor 4, which really has to be before Empyre, yet Rocket & Groot are shuffled off to the Nexus War after Empyre as per Guardians 7. Unless Sif can move people thru time with the Bifrost, and why would she even if she could, the two seem to be incompatible. Thoughts?
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Yeah, Marvel said it is in continuity and we need to find a way to make it work.

https://www.cbr.com/fortnite-in-continu ... ree-comic/

Does Rocket's and Groot's conversation in the urinal have to take place after Empyre?
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Jason Doty wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:51 amDoes Rocket's and Groot's conversation in the urinal have to take place after Empyre?
I considered that, but it kinda does. The Nexus War scene takes place during a conversation between Rocket and Groot that explains why Rocket isn't on the bridge of the Bowie at the beginning of the issue. However, i guess we could chop it out and say that Rocket's making the same excuse again..

GOTG6 7-FB
GOTG6 1-5
GOTG6 6-FB
GOTG6 6
EMPYRE:AFTERMATH AVENGERS 1
GOTG6 7-8
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

If I remember correctly, those one page collection scenes come after the body of the regular story presented. Would they not be "Story 2" for each issue and not be a FB?

So, we need a spot for a teenage mohawk Groot talking to a suit wearing Rocket about Groot making an excuse for him when they are abducted and returned to the same spot with no idea how much time has passed when they were transported to the Fortnite Universe before Empyre?
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Jason Doty wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:54 pm If I remember correctly, those one page collection scenes come after the body of the regular story presented. Would they not be "Story 2" for each issue and not be a FB?
Quite possibly.
Jason Doty wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:54 pmSo, we need a spot for a teenage mohawk Groot talking to a suit wearing Rocket about Groot making an excuse for him when they are abducted and returned to the same spot with no idea how much time has passed when they were transported to the Fortnite Universe before Empyre?
That's about the size of it. If it can't go before GOTG6 1, then it would probably have to go between GOTG6 6-FB & GOTG6 6.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Jason Doty wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:51 am Yeah, Marvel said it is in continuity
I know that a lot of folks don't like to hear this, but we don't accept Marvel's statements that a book is in continuity, because it doesn't serve any purpose. We already start with the philosophy that ALL of Marvel's books are in continuity. From that starting point, we remove books from continuity under two possible circumstances:

1. Marvel says it's NOT canon; or
2. It CAN'T be canon.

There's no room in that formula for Marvel to tell us that a book is canon.

If Marvel hasn't told us that it's NOT canon, then it's canon, unless it can't be.
and we need to find a way to make it work.
I agree with that part.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Russ wrote
We already start with the philosophy that ALL of Marvel's books are in continuity. From that starting point, we remove books from continuity under two possible circumstances:

1. Marvel says it's NOT canon; or
2. It CAN'T be canon.
That's why I like being a "it can," type of guy :D
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Jason Doty wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:34 pmThat's why I like being a "it can," type of guy :D
And yeah, we can probably make it work at this point, so long as Marvel doesn't throw too many more spin balls at us. (Baseball's just not cricket! :-P )