SAVSCO 93

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

SAVSCO 93

Post by wolverine7230 »

I believe SAVSCO 93 is misplaced in Thomas' chronology, and resultantly the MCP listings.

The Earth-616 portion of the story takes place in Shadizar, although Conan has not yet visited this city yet. Only a slight adjustment is required (SAVSCO 104 is moved as well as it is a sequel to 93, and thus must take place after):

CONAN
SAVSCO 84
SAVSCO 93 (remove)
SAVSCO 104 (remove)
COB 5
SAVSCO 81
SAVSCO 93 (add)
SAVSCO 104 (add)
COB 6

This makes significantly more sense narratively: Conan leaves Arenjun in SAVSCO 84, is heading to Shadizar in COB 5, arrives in Shadizar in SAVSCO 81, and is already in Shadizar when SAVSCO 93 begins.

It makes sense to position it this early in the sequence of Shadizar stories as not too much time can have passed between 84 and 93.

104 is also misplaced, as it occurs "scarcely a single year" after 93, and at a time when Conan is in Arenjun. I'll suggest a new placement for it when I get to that point in Conan's chronology, but for now it makes sense to keep it immediately following 93.

Sorry for the spam of Conan posts recently, I've pulled all of my notes on Conan out and am doing a lot of re-reading, so there's plenty more to come!