Infinity Comics (on Marvel Unlimited)

The ongoing effort to juggle all the books that need to be entered into the Project

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Infinity Comics (on Marvel Unlimited)

Post by Clive_Reston »

Marvel Unlimited just debuted their "Infinity Comics" (not Infinite, but Infinity) last week. Some of them (Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, the Infinity Comics Primers) are repurposed from old print material, but most of them are new (and I have not yet heard of plans for print editions; some are specifically designed for reading on mobile devices). The new stuff released to date is:

Amazing Fantasy Prelude (a one-off lead-in to current Kaare Andrews Amazing Fantasy miniseries)

It's Jeff (starring Jeff the Land Shark, three episodes so far; very dubiously canonical, but real cute)

Black Widow (a one-shot Hawkeye team-up)

Captain America (two episodes so far)

Shang-Chi (four episodes; also involves White Fox and the Five Weapons Society, evidently set around the timeframe of his current series)

Giant-Size Little Marvels (three episodes so far, appears to be in the... Giant-Size Little Marvels-verse)

X-Men Unlimited (three episodes so far, a Wolverine serial by Jonathan Hickman and Declan Shalvey; set in the Krakoan era, Nightcrawler and some iteration of M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M. appear; wait, didn't Hickman himself establish that Sunspot owns A.I.M. now?)
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Infinity Comics (on Marvel Unlimited)

Post by Jason Doty »

Someone please Sticky this. It will be a great future resource to keep track of stories.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

I'll give Col Fury the opportunity to add these to the Online Exclusive Checklist.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Updated! :D

Feel free to point out when new Infinity Comics are released. :thumbsup:
-Daron Jensen
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Thanks Col Fury! I do believe that all of the Comixology ones were eventually printed in comic sized trades.
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

There are some more now! The Captain America one is done (with its fourth episode). Giant-Size Little Marvels, It's Jeff and X-Men Unlimited have been continuing (X-Men Unlimited just started its second arc, involving Nature Girl). There are a couple new series, too: Venom/Carnage, Deadpool: Invisible Touch, and (as of next week) an 8-part Ghost Rider: Kushala series.
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

Still more! Hulkling & Wiccan (3 episodes to date), Spine-Tingling Spider-Man (2 episodes to date), Fantastic Four (one episode to date), and the one-shot Mighty Marvel Holiday Special - Halloween with the Rhino. Also, Deadpool: Invisible Touch concluded with its fifth episode, which teases a sequel, Murder Most Invisible.

And X-Men Unlimited's second storyline (in #5-12) just concluded, and includes a small flashback to the day after the Hellfire Gala. Gerry Duggan wrote the arc (which also involves the first time we've seen someone actually sentenced to the pit since... Sabretooth!), so it's safe to assume that it's in continuity.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

The first storyline of X-Men Unlimited will be printed in March, in X-Men Unlimited: Latitude.
https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/21/x-men ... n-shalvey/
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ ... this-march
The vertical format will be adapted for printing, and I hope that also other Infinity Comics will receive the same treatment.
But, for chronological placement, it will be necessary to take into account the original release date of the Marvel Unlimited version.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Amazing Fantasy Prelude will be printed in AMAZING FANTASY TREASURY EDITION TPB
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Also X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic 5-12 will be printed in a 2 issues miniseries:

X-MEN UNLIMITED: X-MEN GREEN #1 (of 2)
Written by GERRY DUGGAN
Art and Cover by EMILIO LAISO
On Sale 5/18

X-MEN UNLIMITED: X-MEN GREEN #2 (of 2)
Written by GERRY DUGGAN
Art and Cover by EMILIO LAISO
On Sale 6/22

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ ... -men-green
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

Some more!

Avengers Forever (3 issues so far, of I think 4; alternate-universe hijinks connected to the current print series of the same name)
Alligator Loki (3 so far, does what it says on the wrapper)
Eternals: The 500 Year War (7 episodes, kinda-sorta connected to current series)
Life of Wolverine (10 total, flashback retrospective of Logan's life set during X Lives of Wolverine #1)
Lucky the Pizza Dog (one-shot)
Marvel Fairy Tales (4 total, alt-universe silliness written by Ryan North)
Marvel Meow (3 so far, short gag strips by Nao Fuji)
Mighty Marvel Holiday Special: Ghost Ridin' to Love Infinity (one-shot)
Mighty Marvel Holiday Special: Happy Holidays, Mr. Howlett (one-shot, set "some years ago"; I'll be amused to see if it can actually be placed anywhere)
Mighty Marvel Holiday Special: Iceman's New Year's Resolutions (one-shot)
Spider-Bot (12 total, appears to be alt-universe)
White Fox (first episode of 4 just came out)

Moon Knight: Welcome to New Egypt is a reformatted version of the 2016 Moon Knight series; Spider-Men, of the 2012 series; Hawkeye: My Life as a Weapson, of the 2012 Hawkeye series; Shang-Chi: Brothers and Sisters, of the 2020 Shang-Chi series; Eternals by Gaiman & Romita Jr., of... what it says.

Hulkling & Wiccan was 4 episodes total; Fantastic Four was 4 total; Spine-Tingling Spider-Man was 8 total; It's Jeff! was 12 total.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic is now up to #29, which starts a sequel to "X-Men Green."
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Eternals: The 500 Years War is a story set in the cinematic universe.

Hulkling and Wiccan will be printed as a one-shot in June:
https://www.marvel.com/hulking-wiccan-j ... omic-print
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

In the Dept. of Stuff That’s Possibly In 616 Continuity and Probably Also Outside the MCP’s Remit: There’s a one-shot Squirrel Girl Infinity Comic (by Ryan North and Derek Charm) that leads into a new Squirrel Girl scripted-podcast series (written by North; those of you who liked the comics as much as I did will probably enjoy it too). Definitely follows up on some stuff from the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl comics series. In the Infinity Comic, Hulk appears in green-and-smashy mode; the Fantastic Four, Wolverine (Logan), Iron Man and Grizzly (!) also appear.

Other new one-shot Infinity Comics: Who Is… The Scarlet Witch and Who Is… America Chavez, both origin-and-background overviews (the former attempts to clarify her history; the latter’s framing device is a new scene, a fight with Orrgo).

Doctor Strange: The Way of the Weird Infinity Comic is a reformatted version of the first couple of issues of the 2015 Doctor Strange series.
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

Spider-Verse Unlimited Infinity Comic: four issues so far.

Strange Tales: Clea, Wong and America Infinity Comic just came out today, and is a one-off but teases the possibility of more. Follows up on some plot threads from America Chavez: Born in the USA.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

According to the Marvel's website, Strange Tales is a monthly feature.
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ ... ay-preview