Strange Academy Presents: the Death of Doctor Strange flashback

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Strange Academy Presents: the Death of Doctor Strange flashback

Post by Leoparis »

In this flashback Strange helps the Enchantress save her twin babies, Alvi and Iric.
Their last name implies "Bror" is their father but this Bror is unknown.
I read some of the dialog as implying Strange is the father. This is of course unconfirmed but affects my construction of the chronology.

The boys look fifteen to me but could be between thirteen and seventeen.

The Asgardians were involved with Earthmen in the actual sixties as seen in Marvel: The Lost Generation #5 (2000) and Immortal Weapons 1 (2009). Strange was active in the actual seventies per Marvel: The Lost Generation #8 (2000). But this is too early unless Asgardians' childhood is very slow.

The earliest time we see Strange involved with Asgardians on the sliding time scale is in Strange Tales 123 and Journey Into Mystery 108 (1964). Then DS 178 & A 61 (Ymir vs Surtur, 1969) and then Avengers/Defenders conflict (1973).

Strange appears with the Eye of Agamotto and Cloak of Levitation that he first wore in Strange Tales 127. That's the one that fits best with the apparent age of the boys. This is also a period during which Enchantress is heavily involved in Earth affairs as a regular Avengers villain (between Avengers 7 & 22) and takes mortal lovers (Josten in A 21-22).

The Mortigan Goth: Immortalis 1 flashback takes place in actual 1965 (Strange without Eye of Agamotto and Cloak of Levitation) rather than on the sliding time scale (cf. "1993" date for the present portion).

DOCTOR STRANGE/DR. STEPHEN VINCENT STRANGE/"STEPHEN SANDERS"
DSSS 14-FB-FB
MG:I 1-FB move here
M/:LG 8
ST 127/2
*SAP:DODS-FB add here
*MG:I 1-FB move from here
DS2 34-FB

ENCHANTRESS
AC 11/2-OP
*SAP:DODS-FB add here
A 15
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Strange Academy Presents: the Death of Doctor Strange flashback

Post by Midnighter »

Leoparis wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:15 pm Their last name implies "Bror" is their father but this Bror is unknown.
I read some of the dialog as implying Strange is the father. This is of course unconfirmed but affects my construction of the chronology.
Bror first appeared in Strange Academy 10, when the kids go on a school trip to Asgard, and he welcomes his sons and their classmates. He is a palace guard that raised his sons alone.
I have not seen elements to think that he may not be the father of the twins, also seen the dialogues of the Enchantress with Iric.

Still, the chronology reconstruction remains valid.