Forgotten Characters deserving a Comeback

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Forgotten Characters deserving a Comeback

Post by StrayLamb »

I recently re-read Plasmer 1-4 from 1993/94 and really enjoyed it. It was light and funny, and intelligently witty, and made a good break from the dark pages of recent Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America issues that i've slowly been wading through. At the end of the series, an editor's note promised that Plasmer would return, but she never did. I would love to see a return of Plasmer and her cohorts, especially Captain Kerosene, my favorite character from the series, and who probably deserves a mini-series of his own. Did you know that Captain Kerosene ghosted for the Human Torch on certain key missions in World War Two? Did you know that Jack Smithers, Britain's oldest secret agent, who gets a new lease on life in this series, drank a toast with Captain America to the Liberation of Paris during WW2 with the Red Skull's own Pastis? There's a mini-series in the making right there!

I've listed these characters chronologies in Mys-Tech Wars to Infinity Crusade.

Dig into your long boxes and tell us which other forgotten characters deserve a comeback.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forgotten Characters deserving a Comeback

Post by Col_Fury »

This is no secret, but I've always had a soft spot for the 1940s Mighty Destroyer. The hero who battled the Nazis from behind enemy lines!

I'll have to dig around t see if I can think of others...
-Daron Jensen
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Col_Fury wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 pm This is no secret, but I've always had a soft spot for the 1940s Mighty Destroyer. The hero who battled the Nazis from behind enemy lines!

I'll have to dig around t see if I can think of others...
Keep an eye out for the new Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty series then... In the first issue they talk about him again.

I would like to see again Motormouth, among the Marvel UK characters, and Darkoth, enemy of the FF who appeared around the 200th issue.
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

StrayLamb wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:13 pm I recently re-read Plasmer 1-4 from 1993/94 and really enjoyed it. It was light and funny, and intelligently witty, and made a good break from the dark pages of recent Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America issues that i've slowly been wading through. At the end of the series, an editor's note promised that Plasmer would return, but she never did. I would love to see a return of Plasmer and her cohorts, especially Captain Kerosene, my favorite character from the series, and who probably deserves a mini-series of his own. Did you know that Captain Kerosene ghosted for the Human Torch on certain key missions in World War Two? Did you know that Jack Smithers, Britain's oldest secret agent, who gets a new lease on life in this series, drank a toast with Captain America to the Liberation of Paris during WW2 with the Red Skull's own Pastis? There's a mini-series in the making right there!
Did you know that Captain Kerosene has two additional published stories, as well as a one page story that revealed his origin (in Spider-Man: Heroes and Villains Collection#44)? And that while the other stories were (by default) not set in 616 because they were published in a licensed "out of continuity" British title, the writer Glenn Dakin, who also originally created the character, confirmed the origin details are the same in 616? So, while the other stories aren't 616 and suitable for the chronology, the origin tale holds true for both realities and could theoretically be listed.
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

You know, the Synthetic Man from Marvel Super-Heroes #14 is probably still just hanging out at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico...
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

loki wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:43 amDid you know that Captain Kerosene has two additional published stories, as well as a one page story that revealed his origin (in Spider-Man: Heroes and Villains Collection#44)? And that while the other stories were (by default) not set in 616 because they were published in a licensed "out of continuity" British title, the writer Glenn Dakin, who also originally created the character, confirmed the origin details are the same in 616? So, while the other stories aren't 616 and suitable for the chronology, the origin tale holds true for both realities and could theoretically be listed.
Nice! We definitely need to light a match under Captain Kerosene and get him flying again.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
vanhornluke
Major Player
Major Player

Post by vanhornluke »

I'd love to see a return of the evil Thor from the original Brazilian X-Men stories. And more of the western characters like Red Warrior, Arrowhead, or Billy Buckskin.