DEATH OF DR STRANGE to AXE: JUDGMENT DAY

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: KING IN BLACK to AXE: JUDGMENT DAY

Post by StrayLamb »

Spurs91 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:55 pm I think Hulk 1-6 will have to go later, unless we say the end of #6 has him drifting in the bleed for a long time (or time works differently). Ends with remade Mjolnir flying toward Hulk, leading straight into Hulk vs Thor - Banner of War, after Thor 24 and the 4 month skip.
Agreed, but the flashback to immediately after the El Paso incident has a very narrow window of opportunity for placement.

Added in, along with Iron Man 21-24 & Iron Man/Hellcat Annual.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Spurs91
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Spurs91 »

Black Panther 1:

Pages 1-8: T'challa fights alongside Cap, Iron Man, Thor (with a hammer that doesn't look broken) and Dr. Strange.
9-11: T'challa in Wakanda.
12-18: A Wakandan agent is killed.
19: T'challa, still in Wakanda, told about the death.
20: Enough time has passed for a Wakandan jet to get from Chile to Wakanda.
21: Then enough time passes for the opposite journey.
22-23: In Chile.
24-27: Now enough time has passed for T'challa to get back to Wakanda and tell Cap he needs time away from the Avengers.
28-30: T'challa in Moscow.

BP 2: T'challa has been in Moscow, Brussels, Berlin, and now Georgetown in DC. Then on to Rock Creek national park. Straight into...

BP 3: Assassins are fought off, then T'challa makes a journey to Mars/Arakko, where Storm is now Regent and Voice of the Sol(ar) System. Rogue, Gambit and Gentle appear.
Story 2: The seventh day of the seventh month of T'challa's reign.
Story 3: Backstory of Tosin, then he saves (or is saving) Prime Minister Folasande at a point we are told is still to come in the series.

BP 4: T'challa leaves Mars and fights Omolola when they get back to Earth, giving her the nose injury she still has in #5.

Avengers 55:

1-5: Black Panther attempts to recruit Nighthawk.
6: The Daily Bugle is reporting Panther's 'resignation' from the Avengers.
6-16: Avengers beat Serpent Society, Mephistos appear.
17-20: Nighthawk voted in as an Avenger, Avengers depart to catch escaped Serpent Society.
The main point being, the first 5 pages come before Black Panther takes his leave.
Thor is pictured with an intact looking hammer, for some reason.

Avengers 56: Jane is tempted by Mjolnir? But Mjolnir should have the visible cracks, and doesn't.

Avengers 57: In the past, Avengers are mostly off-panel.

Avengers 58: More time-travel in the past, Mjolnir is now shown as it should now look (and has Odin speaking from inside it).

Avengers 59: Still in the past.

Next issue is part of AXE.

So I guess we have the start of BP 1 quite some time earlier than the rest, with Strange still alive.
Then the start of Avengers 55.
Then the bulk of BP 1 where Panther tells Cap he's leaving.
MAYBE BP 2-4, as there could be a few days between 4 and 5.
Then the rest of Avengers 55
And Avengers 56-59 any time after this and before AXE.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Spurs91 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:51 am
Uhm... I think that AXE should take place before Avengers 57, since once the Avengers begin the time travel it is a continuous story until the end of Avengers Assemble, after which Echo is no longer Phoenix and Starbrand can no longer appear. Issue 60 is a crossover fill-in of AX in which only Hawkeye appears which can be placed out of sequence with the rest of the series
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Spurs91 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:51 am Black Panther 1:

---
20: Enough time has passed for a Wakandan jet to get from Chile to Wakanda.
21: Then enough time passes for the opposite journey.
22-23: In Chile.
I think that should be..

20: Enough time has passed for a Wakandan jet to get from Wakanda to Chile.
21-23: In Chile.
Spurs91 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:51 amSo I guess we have the start of BP 1 quite some time earlier than the rest, with Strange still alive.
Looks like. :yepp:

Thor is using the wrong hammer during Reckoning War, so he appears to still be using a false Mjolnir during this time. :shrug:

There has to be a gap between BP8 4 & 5 for some X-Men stuff to happen, to account for Storm's costume change.
Midnighter wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:11 pmI think that AXE should take place before Avengers 57, since once the Avengers begin the time travel it is a continuous story until the end of Avengers Assemble, after which Echo is no longer Phoenix and Starbrand can no longer appear. Issue 60 is a crossover fill-in of AX in which only Hawkeye appears which can be placed out of sequence with the rest of the series
I think you're right.

I've added in Black Panther 1-4 & Avengers 55-56.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Spurs91
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Spurs91 »

Midnighter wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:11 pm
Spurs91 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:51 am
Uhm... I think that AXE should take place before Avengers 57, since once the Avengers begin the time travel it is a continuous story until the end of Avengers Assemble, after which Echo is no longer Phoenix and Starbrand can no longer appear. Issue 60 is a crossover fill-in of AX in which only Hawkeye appears which can be placed out of sequence with the rest of the series
Yeah, I haven't read anything from after AXE, so I didn't know that. But they were on the list here.
Spurs91
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Spurs91 »

Ghost Rider 1: Johnny is in Hayden's Falls, Ohio. He crashed his bike "months ago" and has been in the town since (though he may just BELIEVE it's been months).

2: When becoming Ghost Rider, Johnny's been going dark for hours, or days at a time (for the FBI agents it doesn't seem to have been more than days since last issue). Johnny's been gone from 'those who could help him' for "a long time".I

3: Johnny in Oregon. FBI in Idaho.

4: FBI still in Idaho. Johnny travels to South Dakota. He encounters the (posessed?) Circus of Crime. Ghost Rider leaves Johnny a sign - "Three days. Hell's Backbone rally".

5: Racers shown in the rally - Black Widow, Boom Boom, Bullseye, Blade, Dr. Doom, Elektra (as DD), Hawkeye (I can't see him, but sites have him listed), Kraven, Loki, Man-Thing, Moon Knight, Madrox(es), Red Skull, Rhino, Scarecrow, Dracula, Wolverine (Logan).
Blackheart appears.

6: Right after the rally. Wolverine cuts the 'infection' out of Johnjy.

7: I think pages 1-2 are very soon after #6 (Exhaust forms from the removed infection).
Johnny (with no tattoos, more on that to come) in Colorado. 2 days pass. Blackheart and Exhaust still in Hell's Backbone, Utah.

8: Starts straight after 7. Then, Johnny & Talia Warroad drive to Chicago.

9: Straight after 8. Not much time passes. Then...

10: Chicago continued. Blackheart details his US takeover plan, then beats Zebediah and co. Ghost Rider sends Blackheart...back to hell?
FBI boss Crux fires Warroad then contacts Infernal Labs, who have Danny Ketch.

11: Johnny in Louisiana, then Alabama, then Georgia. Johnny beats his bike, which is Exhaust, then buries him. Johnny and Warroad reach Savannah.

12: In Savannah. Johnny finds out a Ghost Rider is at large.
50 miles north of Savannah, Johnny and Warroad confirm a GR was responsible for Savannah.

13: Pages 1-3: "6 months ago", Dan Ketch is approached in a bar in New Jersey (not his own bar).
Pages 4-6: Johnny and Warroad at a burned out club in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Pages 7-9: 6 months ago. Danny at Infernal Labs.
Pages 10-12: Georgetown Hospital. Danny and Warroad talk to one of the burn victims.
Pages 13-16: 6 months ago, continued.
Pages 17-20: At a radio station, Johnny/GR burns out Infernal Labs' signal.I

14: Pages 1-3: 4 months ago, Infernal Labs.
Pages 4-7: "3 days" since last issue.
Pages 8-11: 3 months ago. Infernal Labs. With a flashback within a flashback to Dr. Diyu's childhood.
Pages 12-13: Johnny gets (on) his new bike.
Pages 14-17: 2 MONTHS ago, Infernal Labs. Crux has IL send Danny to Alaska.
Page 18: One month ago, Danny in Alaska, still (?) on his mission. Two weeks ago, Danny in Savannah (so before #11). One week ago, Danny in Outh Carolina, burning the club (before #13).
Pages 19-20: Johnny and Warroad at Infernal Labs. Dr. Diyu gets in GR-powered armour.

15: Straight after 14. Johnny follows Dr. Diyu into hell and recovers Dan's spirit of corruption.

16: Splitting this up chronologically, starting with
ROBBIE REYES, 3 years ago (in East LA).
Page 1, panels 1-3 & 10.
Page 2, panel 1.
Page 3, panels 1 & 4.
Page 4, panel 1.
Page 5, whole page.
Page 8, panel 1 and main/last image.
Page 9, panel 1 and main/last image.
Page 10, panels 1 & 4.
Page 11, 'panel' 1 (not technically a panel, but close enough).
Page 12, whole page.
Page 15, panels 1 & 4.
Pages 16/17, panels 1-3.
Page 18, panels 1 & 4.

DAN KETCH, 2 years ago.
Page 1, panels 4-6 & 11.
Page 2, panel 2.
Page 3, panels 2 & 5.
Page 4, panel 2.
Page 6,'whole page.
Page 8, panel 2 and main/last image.
Page 9, panel 2 and main/last image.
Page 10, panels 2 & 5.
Page 11, 'panel' 2.
Page 13, whole page.
Page 15, panels 2 & 5.
Page 16/17, panels 4-6.
Page 18, panels 2 & 5.

JOHNNY BLAZE, now (unknown time after #15).
Page 1, panels 7-9 & 12.
Page 2, panel 3.
Page 3, panels 3 & 6.
Page 4, panel 3.
Page 7, whole page.
Page 8, panel 3 and main/last image.
Page 9, panel 3 and main/last image.
Page 10, panels 3 & 6.
Page 11, 'panel' 2.
Page 14, whole page.
Page 15, panels 3 & 6.
Page 16/17, panels 7-9.
Page 18, panels 3 & 6.

Pages 19-20: Father Pike recruits Crux to Orchis and Project Hellfire.

NEXT is Weapons of Vengeance Alpha, not sure yet if that's before or after Hellfire Gala 3.

There's also

Ghost Rider - Vengeance Forever: Johnny is thinking about his lost time, wondering if it's months rf years (which it can't be).
The tattoos he gets in this issue give him visions of...
Pages 5-9: Late 1800s. Marlboro turns Jimmy Underhill into Ghost Rider.
Pages 11-18: "The time of the spirits of vengeance". Dan saves Johnny from Blackout, in a bar somewhere.
Pages 20/21-22: Pennsylvania, "The time of the midnight sons". Morbius, Blade & Vengeance chase Dracula on his blood train.
Pages 23-25: Iowa, "The time of the All-New Ghost Rider". Robbie Reyes GR vs. Scarecrow.
Then there's some GR 2099.
Then Cosmic Ghost Rider flies over Johnny.

Don't know where the present day parts fit. As I mentioned, Johnny clearly DOESN'T have the tattoos in issue 7, but since I haven't noticed them in any other issue, maybe they don't last? Johnny's on his own here, and between issues 7-15 he's with Talia Warroad, but could take a side trip without her.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Venom vol. 5 1-12 Added. Begins in September, while Fisk is still Mayor of NYC. Issue 2 begins in November, and Dylan has been riding freight trains across America in the meantime. Issues 2-5 happen in quick succession. Issue 6 begins 6 days later, then moves to 13 days later. Issues 6-12 happen in quick succession. A long gap follows after that until Dark Web.
Spurs91
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Spurs91 »

Captain America - Iron Man:

Didn't really notice anything to place it anywhere in particular, or that stops it being placed anywhere, besides the fact it has Tony's brownstone from the concurrent volume of Iron Man (Cantwell), and it has Veronica Eden on trial after her capture in Falcon & Winter Soldier.
Oh, I suppose Zemo was a prisoner at the end of Savage Spider-Man (pre-Beyond, pre Death of Dr. Strange) and he appears free in the epilogue here.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

StrayLamb wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:18 am Venom vol. 5 1-12 Added. Begins in September, while Fisk is still Mayor of NYC. Issue 2 begins in November, and Dylan has been riding freight trains across America in the meantime. Issues 2-5 happen in quick succession. Issue 6 begins 6 days later, then moves to 13 days later. Issues 6-12 happen in quick succession. A long gap follows after that until Dark Web.
This is outside of the purview of this thread, but has anyone kept track of the convoluted chronology of the Eddie Brock avatars? It has to be one of the most convoluted time travel narrative along with the latest additions to Kang by Derek and Lanzy.
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

Leoparis wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:37 am This is outside of the purview of this thread, but has anyone kept track of the convoluted chronology of the Eddie Brock avatars? It has to be one of the most convoluted time travel narrative along with the latest additions to Kang by Derek and Lanzy.
Well THAT sounds EXACTLY like my kind of challenge... [shifty eyes]
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Moon Knight 8 (20), 9-22 added. Picks up very shortly after the end of Devil's Reign. Issues 9-12 happen pretty quickly, then issues 13-20 pick up after only a short break, during which time the Midnight Man begins operations. Tigra is still reporting to Black Panther throughout these issues. There's a fairly long break to issue 21, during which time Tigra has appeared in Defenders Beyond. Moon Knight also appears in Reckoning War during this break. There's another break of a few days or so to issue 22, which is now several months after the Midnight Man began operations. Tigra helps Hawkeye take down the Fast Five, and he asks her to join the Thunderbolts, but she declines, having recently been with the Defenders. This brings us to a good spot to leave Moon Knight and Tigra for a while, before picking up again after a long gap to issue 23, which will be after AXE.

I've moved Thor 24 to just before Black Panther leaves the Avengers. He needs to be available for the funeral, along with Iron Man and Spider-Man (Peter). That means there's a bit of a gap since Thor awoke at the end of issue 23, but c'est la vie.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Miles Morales & Moon Girl 1, Avengers & Moon Girl 1, and X-Men and Moon Girl 1 are chock full of egregious continuity errors. Lunella's parents aren't aware of her connection to Devil Dinosaur, despite having known about it since Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 4 (2016), during the characters' introductory story-arc. Moon Girl and Spider-Miles don't know each other, even though they've met on a number of occasions, during the events of Monsters Unleashed Vol. 2, and when Lunella later joined the Champions roster to fight against the Underage Superhuman Welfare Act. Captain Marvel doesn't recognise the High Evolutionary, even though they've met previously, for instance in Ultimates2 100, and SW7 6. Lunella is still portrayed as a 9 year-old, her age at her intro in 2015.

I considered attempting to place this story earlier in Lunella's time-line, but it simply doesn't work anywhere.

If neither the writer nor the editor can be bothered spending even a minimal amount of time in researching the previous interactions of their characters, which appear to have been drawn out of a hat, then i'm not really too concerned about trying to place it. I would consider it an in-universe fictional story at best, but i've included it in the list in italics for those who demand its inclusion.

Miles Morales: Spider-Man 42 has also been added. Only the framing element of this issue, pages 1-4 & 29-30 are real. The rest of the issue is a vision of a possible future as shown in Madame Berlotte's tarot cards.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

I've added Iron Fist vol. 6 during the Summer, with flashbacks to Death of Dr Strange: White Fox, and the epilogue being some time later, closer to AXE. Danny Rand, Luke Cage, Colleen Wing, and Misty Knight also appear. Loki appears in the epilogue.

Also placed:
Avengers/Hulk 2021 FCBD 1/2 [Immediately before Hulk 1]
Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon 1-6 [After King’s Ransom, and before Death of Dr Strange]
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

I've added GR9 1-10 & GR:VF 1 in the early autumn.
Spurs91 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 pm Ghost Rider 1: Johnny is in Hayden's Falls, Ohio. He crashed his bike "months ago" and has been in the town since (though he may just BELIEVE it's been months).
Looks like GR was indeed off the board for several months, so i've placed the relevant flashbacks about six months earlier. I've only isolated out other flashbacks where they fall between issues, or interrupt another issue.
Spurs91 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 pm [Ghost Rider 2-16]

NEXT is Weapons of Vengeance Alpha, not sure yet if that's before or after Hellfire Gala 3.
There's a decent break after issue 10, and i would say that issues 11 up begin after AXE.
Spurs91 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 pm There's also

Ghost Rider - Vengeance Forever: Johnny is thinking about his lost time, wondering if it's months rf years (which it can't be).
The tattoos he gets in this issue give him visions of...
Pages 5-9: Late 1800s. Marlboro turns Jimmy Underhill into Ghost Rider.
Pages 11-18: "The time of the spirits of vengeance". Dan saves Johnny from Blackout, in a bar somewhere.
Pages 20/21-22: Pennsylvania, "The time of the midnight sons". Morbius, Blade & Vengeance chase Dracula on his blood train.
Pages 23-25: Iowa, "The time of the All-New Ghost Rider". Robbie Reyes GR vs. Scarecrow.
Then there's some GR 2099.
Then Cosmic Ghost Rider flies over Johnny.

Don't know where the present day parts fit. As I mentioned, Johnny clearly DOESN'T have the tattoos in issue 7, but since I haven't noticed them in any other issue, maybe they don't last? Johnny's on his own here, and between issues 7-15 he's with Talia Warroad, but could take a side trip without her.
I see a couple of possibilities here.

1. Our old favorite, the art error. Johnny's not shown with either the scar on the side of his head, or the scar on his chest that he gets from Wolverine, and the tattoos from Necro would appear to be temporary. A possible placement for this option is between Ghost Rider 4 & 5, where he has a bike, and is still looking for answers to his lost time.

2. My preferred option here is that this entire issue is a vision or dream sequence, thereby eliminating any need for art errors, or explanations of what happened to the tattoos. It works well as a mirror to Talia Warroad's reading of his secrets while Johnny's unconscious for two days during issue 7. That would place it between pages 15 & 16 of GR9 7.

I've also placed Avengers Forever 9, which is probably the last issue to fall this side of AXE, and i've removed Strange Academy 11-12 from the "to do" list, as they are studying for finals, and the issues seem more closely associated with those beyond AXE.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

DotStinks wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:34 pm Amazing Spider-Man 1 (3 - ?) [Early October]
Amazing Spider-Man 2-5
Amazing Spider-Man 6 [October 14]
Amazing Spider-Man 6/2-6/3
Amazing Fantasy 1000/7

Amazing Spider-Man 7-8
ASM6 6/2, which i've placed as Amazing Spider-Man 900/2, takes place on October 5 2021.

ASM6 6/3, which i've placed as Amazing Spider-Man ASM 900/3, takes place during the Summer of 2021, when Spidey doesn't seem to have too much else going on, and could take time for a trip to LA, and while Mysterio could also be there during this time.

ASM 1000/7 can't go here. Spidey is using the FF's Dimensional Bridge, so this has to be during a time when he's friendly with the FF, but also shortly after an unspecified tragedy. I'm placing it after Sinister War, and when Harry's recent death is still on his mind.

I've revamped the Spider-Man vol.6 listings. There are some problems with ASM6 1. The dates on Peter’s phone, showing he’s been gone from January to March will need to be ignored as this story began at the beginning of Spring Training in Late March, six months earlier. Torch says he still can’t flame-off, but this HAS TO BE past Reckoning War, so maybe he’s been having relapses? White Rabbit tells Spidey that after all that mess with Bullseye, they’re as liable to arrest him as her. There’s a note here pointing to Devil’s Reign, but there was no reported incident between Spider-Man and Bullseye during this event, unless this is a mistaken report of the incident between Spider-Man, Taskmaster, Whiplash, and the Rose, but that was Ben Reilly, and Peter was theoretically in hospital throughout Devil’s Reign anyway.

Daredevil vol.8 1-4 have been placed. Issue 5 begins some months later, by which time DD has grown a full beard. Elektra must appear in Ghost Rider 5 while the Fist Citadel is being constructed, so between DD8 2 & 3.

Punisher vol. 13 1-8, 9 (1 - 15, 17 - 28) have been placed, along with PWJ: Blitz and PWJ: Brother. Blitz takes place immediately before Punisher 1. Brother takes place between Punisher 3 & 4. The villains' combine having having hired the best killers that money can buy does not refer to Lady Bullseye and Lord Deathstroke, despite what the editorial blurb says, as they were sent by the Archpriestess. This all takes place between DD8 4 & 5 for Daredevil. P13 9 pages 16 and 29 - 30 take place some months later, after the return of Dr Strange.

A note on the P13 flashbacks. Ares suggests that the Archpriestess has used her magic to alter Frank's memories, and this may well be the case. Certainly, the period from Frank's return home after his stint in the war directly contradicts that previously established in Punisher Annual 4 and others. All of the flashbacks should be viewed in this context being being placed.

All of this required a shake-up of the post-Devil's Reign timeline. Updates in BOLD.